Hello, I would like some assistance on an issue that I can't quite resolve. Essentially, it says "Unfortunately TweakScale didn't found needed DLLs."

bla bla bla, corrupt game stuff

"Missing Class: Exception of type  'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown."

It tells me to click "OK" and it will download tweakscale from a trusted distribution channel, and KSP will close. When ever I do click OK, KSP closes but nothing else happens.

Do you have an Idea of how to fixt this?

12 hours ago, Osiris489 said:

Hello, I would like some assistance on an issue that I can't quite resolve. Essentially, it says "Unfortunately TweakScale didn't found needed DLLs."

bla bla bla, corrupt game stuff

"Missing Class: Exception of type  'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown."

It tells me to click "OK" and it will download tweakscale from a trusted distribution channel, and KSP will close. When ever I do click OK, KSP closes but nothing else happens.

Do you have an Idea of how to fixt this?

Hi!

You was bitten by a nasty KSP bug on a thingy called Assembly Loader/Resolver yada yada yada :P. TL;DR. when something borks being loaded due a faulty dependence, everything else trying to load something (or to use a thingy called Reflection) borks relentlessly due the bug. And since TweakScale makes heavy and critical use of exactly these two things. TweakScale yells when it detects this happened (because a faulty TweakScale will ruin your whole savegame).

The only way out of the mess is to diagnose and fix the real cause of the problem (as TweakScale is only the splash damage). Publish your full KSP.log here using dropbox or something, and I will give it a look - further instructions about how to do it can be found on this link.

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:
Spoiler

Knock first!!!! :D

:sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
better video

1 hour ago, Osiris489 said:

Hi! I think you sent me the wrong link. DropBox has an option somewhere to generate a link for downloading. This one you sent appears to be the one you use to managed the content, and it's available only to you.

6 hours ago, Osiris489 said:

Dude, you were bitten by a nasty KSP bug on a thingy called Loader/Resolver yada yada yada :P. TL;DR. when something borks being loaded due a faulty dependence, everything else trying to load something (or to use a thingy called Reflection) borks relentlessly due the bug. And since TweakScale makes heavy and critical use of exactly these two things. TweakScale yells when it detects this happened (because a faulty TweakScale will ruin your whole savegame).

Usually the first Reflection Exception pinpoints the unlucky DLL that stepped on that landmine, but your LOG is weird:

[LOG 18:17:06.117] [TitleNotAvailable] Version B9-PWings-Fork, Version=0.43.0.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[EXC 18:17:06.124] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSPUtil is a internal KSP Assembly, it's always there. So somehow we have this new way of triggering the problem. On a pretty wild guess, remove B9-Wings-Fork and restart KSP to see if the problem goes away.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Usually the first Reflection Exception pinpoints the unlucky DLL that stepped on that landmine, but your LOG is weird:

Define "Weird," if you could.

And is there an immediate solution?

6 hours ago, Osiris489 said:

Define "Weird," if you could.

And is there an immediate solution?

There's this new Modus Operandi on KSP.log since a few months ago where the Exceptions I need to diagnose the problem appears to be filtered from KSP.log.

MechJeb uses to invert some logging somehow, so when MechJeb is installed, the first Reflection Exception is not the culprit, as the real troublemaker somehow is logged some time later.

There're some add'ons that some people like to use to show Exceptions on the screen instead of the log, and so when something bad happens, the KSP doesn't have anymore the information I need. But you are not using any of the ones I know

BDArmory used to cause some trouble in the past (some mishap on one of the dependencies), but it used to log a hint on KSP.log about, and there's none on yours.

So we have no choice but going Combinatorial Analysis. :( 

Remove the following add'ons from your rig and see if the problem goes away:

B9AnimationModules v1.6.0.0 / vv1.6.0
B9PartSwitch v2.18.0.0 / vv2.18.0
B9-PWings-Fork v0.43.0.10
BahaTurret v1.0.0.0
BDArmory.Core v1.3.4.0
BDArmory v1.3.5.0

I have absolutely no evidence on the KSP.log that they could be misbehaving, but these ones already triggered this problem in the past, so it's a good bet to start with them.

If the problem vanishes, we found where the problem is. So, install back them one by one until the problem happens again. The last one installed will be culprit, and then you will need to reach the maintainer for further help.

Keep in mind that your KSP.log is littered with exceptions, TweakScale is only the one complaining about:

[LOG 18:17:25.316] Load(Texture): BDArmory/Parts/ABL/texture
[EXC 18:17:25.321] TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[EXC 18:17:25.322] TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.
[EXC 18:17:25.329] TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.
[EXC 18:17:25.330] TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.
[EXC 18:17:25.337] TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.

So you really need to solve this problem in order to have a stable KSP to play.

Edited by Lisias
tyops as usulla...

Problem solved! 

The problem was that I combined an older BDArmory with a newer, and added files present in the older that weren't in the newer. 

The error was all me.

Thank you very much for all your help. Very likely would never had figured it out without you.

• 4 months later...

Dear

@Lisias

I have a similar problem as discussed above, the first image shows the error and the second the mods list. All logs and images can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/t/X3mBsaDm1peClSF4

I am quite new to this so if I miss matched some mods that are known to be an issue, please educate me :).

Kind regard,

A fellow KSP player named Chbiertje

Edited by Chbiertje
I fixed it :)

• 9 months later...

It would be EXTREMELY appreciated if someone could help me out.. don't mind the fire specs im running B)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udtasdiyzywqsn2/KSP.log?dl=0 i think that's how sharing stuff works.. but erm.. ima goob around in other games until someone helps me.. I'm not smart enough to figure this out-

any and all help is appreciated.. I'd purge all my files if it means I can play more ksp >w<

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.