(Work - in - Progress) Grannus Expansion Pack Minor Worlds (0.14) [1.12.x]

L1L1TH

This is a mod which adds new minor planets or asteroids to the planet pack "Grannus Expansion Pack" created by Ohiobob. Personally I felt like that there needed to be something new than minor planet expansion which is compatible with a lot of different system replacers to fill in the gaps, but I want to change that and give certain packs more of their own unique worlds than reusing the same pack over and over again.

Right now it features 4 unique minor worlds and 1 moon. There is more to follow, this pack isn't finished by any means. Spoilers down below with screenshots.

- Cassanite & Saleen

Spoiler

Retrograde orbiting asteroid inside the inner belt of Grannus, featuring its own moon "Saleen"

screenshot192.png

Screenshot_2022-01-24_204335.png?width=7

screenshot10.png?width=970&height=546

- Cronos

Spoiler

Decently large sironan trojan which also features it's own rings.

screenshot196.png

screenshot194.png

- Stellate

Spoiler

A minor world in the outer belts of Grannus featuring similarities to the shape of a Dodecahedron.

screenshot200.png

screenshot199.png

- Halcyon

Spoiler

Halcyon, a minor planet with it's bulging equator and high orbit. (Images are brightened up a bunch, because it is quite far away.)

screenshot16.png?width=1002&height=564

screenshot18.png?width=1002&height=564

I also recently made a small trailer if you are interested.

For those interested playing with it here is a Github Download

This Requires Kopernicus and Grannus Expansion Pack by @OhioBob (Note: This works with both Grannus Expansion Pack Primary and Secondary)

Special thanks to @Caps Lock for some of the Shapemap assets and @ballisticfox0 for most of their screenshots to showcase this mod better off.

Liscence

88x31.png

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Edited by L1L1TH
Updated

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Yeah... .zip is moar accepted... I guess there *are* people out there who cant open .rar :P

I will fix it today when I get to be home.

Thanks for letting me know though.

- Updated GEPMinorWorlds to v0.11

• Added full Community Resource Pack compatibility
  • Added Distant Object Enhancement compatibility
  • I added an extra folder with a few little tweaks to Grannus Expansion Pack.

On another note, I tested the mod with Principia a little and it should work fairly fine.

It's not really support. I just didn't have to adjust anything because it is already fairly stable.
I did go on for about 4500 years of timewarp with Principia installed and I noticed that every 50 - 75 years Cronos moves forth and back in it's trojan position.
It's not a big problem though it's just something to take a note of. I will probably keep it this way though because it is interesting for sure.

CronosPrincipia.png?width=513&height=555

17 hours ago, L1L1TH said:

It's not really support. I just didn't have to adjust anything because it is already fairly stable.
I did go on for about 4500 years of timewarp with Principia installed and I noticed that every 50 - 75 years Cronos moves forth and back in it's trojan position.
It's not a big problem though it's just something to take a note of. I will probably keep it this way though because it is interesting for sure.

Must have been a pain with all that timewarp
I really like this small planet pack

• 2 weeks later...

Updated GEPMinorWorlds to v0.12

• Added Halcyon, a new minor planet orbiting very far from Grannus with an overall high eccentricity, at it's furthest it is completely dark, whilst it is very visible at periapsis.

(Screenshots in the spoilers, it's as well not completely finished just wanted to finally get some more content into this.)

• Changes to a few of the CRP configs. (mostly balancing stuff)

Spoiler

screenshot18.png

screenshot16.png

Edited by L1L1TH

- Updated GEPMinorWorlds to v0.13

• Revamped Halcyons heightmap entirely, shape stayed the same.
  • Made planets load with .dds OnDemand to reduce RAM usage a little.

I have recently been busy with some other stuff so sorry if I am not all that active, but I do tend to bring one update here and there.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:07 PM, L1L1TH said:

- Updated GEPMinorWorlds to v0.13

• Revamped Halcyons heightmap entirely, shape stayed the same.
  • Made planets load with .dds OnDemand to reduce RAM usage a little.

I have recently been busy with some other stuff so sorry if I am not all that active, but I do tend to bring one update here and there.

POG for update
second its ok
life happens

• 2 weeks later...

- Updated GEPMinorWorlds to v0.14

• Added biomemap for Halcyon
  • Converted normals from .png to .dds
  • Made normals a little more rougher / stronger.

I want to note that I don't know what more to release, I probably won't make another minor planet since from what I got to know is that Ohiobob wants to add another small world to GEP themself and I will probably look forward to making something like Parallax support and maybe revamping Cronos some time soon. All of this is quite a bunch of work though so I have no idea when I will get to release it.

Edited by L1L1TH

14 hours ago, L1L1TH said:

- Updated GEPMinorWorlds to v0.14

• Added biomemap for Halcyon
  • Converted normals from .png to .dds
  • Made normals a little more rougher / stronger.

I want to note that I don't know what more to release, I probably won't make another minor planet since from what I got to know is that Ohiobob wants to add another small world to GEP themself and I will probably look forward to making something like Parallax support and maybe revamping Cronos some time soon. All of this is quite a bunch of work though so I have no idea when I will get to release it.

- Maybe add Easter eggs
- Maybe More Craters on some bodies and/or details to their respective maps
- Maybe even some funky science texts
- Other Mod Compatibility (PlanetShine and DOE and Research Bodies [Maybe even CRP] would be the best and coolest mods to target to add)
(the latter isn't very hard and super cool too, upto you though)
Again Really Cool Mod, Love it!

7 minutes ago, An Amongus Sussy Player said:

- Maybe add Easter eggs
- Maybe More Craters on some bodies and/or details to their respective maps
- Maybe even some funky science texts
- Other Mod Compatibility (PlanetShine and DOE and Research Bodies [Maybe even CRP] would be the best and coolest mods to target to add)
(the latter isn't very hard and super cool too, upto you though)
Again Really Cool Mod, Love it!

CRP configs and DOE are already compatible, science localization is a lot of work but I can introduce the easter egg part that way too. About the craters, that is more of a subjective thing, I could go ahead and add more craters but the issue with that is that it has to be respectable with biomemaps. Because then landing on different biomes other than craters will be hard, the way how much and how large I made them is more of a gameplay decision and I respect that they could have more but I want this to be more balanced, in fact actually. Halcyon has so many craters that it has only 2 biomes and it is hard to just start drawing onto the craters 1 by 1. I can do Research Bodies and Planetshine compatibility for sure though! 

I also want to revamp maybe Cronos but I don't know, it looks good the way it is. 
The main focus would now just be to polish a few things and also go look for maybe adding scatters and surface textures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.