I think the devs should keep the original music

I think that the devs of KSP2 should keep the music from the original game. I think the music fits really well. If they do decide to change it then they should get Kevin Macleod to compose the music since he made most of the music in the first game.

They already been using a composer and have created music from the beginning. It's not going to happen. (Plus any music from KSP1 will be an instant delete from the game for me. I'm so sick of the music that if I hear it, insta mute of the sound.)

what is the point of this discussion?

I do not understand why some people remain of the idea that ksp 2 must be the same as the original... I keep repeating that no one is forced to buy ksp 2... also no one forbids you to play ksp 2 with the music of ksp 1 in the background open on youtube...

again, what's the point of this discussion?

5 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

(Plus any music from KSP1 will be an instant delete from the game for me. I'm so sick of the music that if I hear it, insta mute of the sound.)

Totally agreed. I've not played KSP for that long but Sneaky Adventure causes me to lose braincells. I normally google "music for space" and then listen to some banger mixes on YT.

From the music we've heard in the feature videos, I think pretty much everyone will be happy to hear the new score. I particularly admire the piece that plays in episode 3 at roughly 6:20.

If you don't know, Howard Mostrom is the composer and audio director for KSP 2. Mostrom also composed the soundtrack for Planetary Annihilation, which contains many brilliant pieces. Give it a listen yourself if you're interested. So rest assured, I think the soundtrack for KSP 2 will be up to our satisfaction.

Also, I think I will brain myself if I hear another MacLeod track :D

I mute the in-game music and just play my own. Sure, it's iconic, but it's royalty free music. It's a consequence of KSP 1 having been produced as an indie game, with little budget available to it.

1 hour ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Do music royalties matter? Because last I checked, the quality of music is not affected by how available it is to the public.

Yes, royalties matter, licensing matters. Using Cities Skylines as an example, the Gold FM channel has had most of the music removed because of DMC strikes and not being licensed for use outside of the game. Most of the music was US radio hits from the '40s to the '60s, and licensed for in game use only, not broadcast. So when streamers started playing the music on stream, Paragon/Colossal Order were in breach of contract and was forced to remove the songs... for everyone. (They were very apologetic to the players, but one bad apple you know.) So yes, especially in the US, you have to pay royalties and have the correct licensing to use music.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...