T2's Upcoming Earnings Call - May 16

Ahres

Can you believe it's already been three months since the last earnings call? Now we're already on to FY22 Q4.

For at least the entire past fiscal year the information regarding KSP2 has been static, stating an FY23 release. I expect that to be the case again for this report, although a narrowed-down window would be exciting. In related news, a leak was presented on Twitter showing a slide from the upcoming presentation. Its contents were... concerning. But I don't follow any other game franchises besides KSP, so I don't know if this "leak" has any merit to it. I guess we'll see on Monday.

For the sake of saving people from freaking out, the reddit thread discussing this "leak" is largely leaning toward it being fake.  Apparently it's missing some recently announced games.

Just now, The Aziz said:

I don't think any public report would have "to be announced" section.

Didn't even catch that. Nice one, The Aziz.

33 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Pretty sure this has already been determined as being fake. 

The funny thing is that if it made the game better, mostly bugfree, available on Linux, a big multi-day workshop for mod devs  given by KSP devs on high-bw remote or at T2, etc., I'd gladly wait until 2024.  But I'd want a few more bug-fix-only releases to KSP current.  We really do have a great game with lots of mods to keep us busy until they get it right.  Of course I'll gladly take it tomorrow also

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Pretty sure this has already been determined as being fake. 

Sounds good to me. I have no problem taking MechBFP's word over a random Twitter account.

Folks, 2024 would mark 7th year of production. That's a money hole for the publisher, not something worth releasing. It's not GTA which sells in million copies in a week or whatever. It needs to start earning money at some point, and with constantly increasing budget (which, pretty sure, already at least doubled since the announcement in 2019) the production won't go anywhere near profits.

I don't believe that and won't, until I see the report with my own eyes, with good news or bad.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Next question, how would I be able to listen to it (if possible)?

I've never listened to one before but it appears you just sign in to a webcast here:

Q4 2022 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Earnings Conference Call | Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (take2games.com)

Interestingly, the most recent Earnings Presentation has a note on its FY22-FY24 Pipeline Details stating updated pipeline details will be included in the FY22Q4 presentation. That's the one happening on Monday. So what are the possible outcomes? A release date announcement before then, a delay announcement before then, a narrowed release window in the presentation, or... no news at all and the release date remains officially FY23.

5 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

If it is a release date before Monday, it will likely be on Friday. I’m calling it for all the hopefuls: Ksp2 release date could come on Friday!

I wouldn't expect a release date announced until August.

Everything we've seen about KSP2 so far has been constantly "Pre-Alpha" gameplay, any release that would be this year just doesn't seem to be feseable from my perspective. I really don't think KSP2 is coming this year. 

12 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Just cause it’s ‘pre-alpha’ doesn’t mean they don’t have alpha or even beta footage. They just don’t want to show it to the public for obvious reasons.

Or alternatively they just label it pre-alpha even if it 1.0 content because they can. 

17 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Just cause it’s ‘pre-alpha’ doesn’t mean they don’t have alpha or even beta footage. They just don’t want to show it to the public for obvious reasons.

Not even that, Pre-alpha doesn't mean much at all, especially since they are showing it in show and tells. Those clips are from builds of the game where a few parts of the code have been developed and others have not, as you would expect from teams working on different parts of the game. The new UI might not be in the build showcasing terrain, or the new terrain system might not be in the video showcasing UI. This doesn't indicate that they are not far along in development, it is just a subjective way to label their footage. Also, didn't we see in-game footage without the pre-alpha tag in the latest feature video?