T2's Upcoming Earnings Call - May 16

Ahres

23 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

So the leaks are confirmed by the delay to FY 2024?

Please stop posting misleading information.  It only leads to confusion.   Nate Just made a post just over two hours ago, and you made comments in another thread that addressed that announcement.  Stop posting misinformation. 

9 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Please stop posting misleading information.  It only leads to confusion.   Nate Just made a post just over two hours ago, and you made comments in another thread that addressed that announcement.  Stop posting misinformation. 

If anything the leak is confirmed fake since it specifies "calendar year" 2024.

"Early 2023" could still mean FY2023 if it launches before April.

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:
1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

FY2024 is Fiscal Year 2024, which is in 2023. It is not misinformation.

But yes the leaks say Calendar, not Fiscal Year. So there's a problem there.

The T2 investor presentation lists KSP2 releasing Q4 FY23. 

If I'm not mistaken, this is the narrowest release window for the game that we've ever been given: January 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023.

Edited by Ahres
FY23 not FY22

This is why, despite my expectation for the release date being later than it used to be (because I was taking the calendar year 2022 announcement into account), I have more hype than in the last few months. This is a more concrete decision than any others, because now T2 is under a lot of pressure to deliver on this and cannot wait for the next earnings report to cancel it. The smaller this date range gets, the more excited I’ll get for the release. 

5 minutes ago, Ahres said:

The T2 investor presentation lists KSP2 releasing Q4 FY23. 

If I'm not mistaken, this is the narrowest release window for the game that we've ever been given: January 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023.

Well, when it was originally announced, their window was January 1, 2020 - March 31, 2020.

(But I think we can all agree that one doesn't really count.)

Am I reading too much into this -

Own and operate Intercept Studios, based in Seattle, a team charged with working on games set in the Kerbal universe

Or does that sound to other people as though KSP2 might not be the only Kerbal game being worked on right now?

Edited by WelshSteW

5 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

Or does that sound to other people as though KSP2 might not be the only Kerbal game being worked on right now?

I'm reading it as "they're currently doing KSP2, but might do spin-offs or even KSP3 later"

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

The leak was still fake; here's the actual slide from the presentation deck:

GZ1M0dg.png

1 minute ago, WelshSteW said:

Am I reading too much into this -

You're not reading too much into this, it's has been touched on at least a couple times in the past. I'd have to dig for it, but it seems like some of the job listings for Intercept Games hint at an unannounced Kerbal project. At least, they used to. It's been awhile since I've looked.