Good downloadable (and free!) filetype converters (MUST BE ABLE TO CONVERT XCF TO PNG)

Hey y'all,

Been trying to convert some KSP flags recently from GIMP (.xcf) files to the supported filetype of KSP (png). However, the only site that actually worked said I needed to purchase premium to use it more than 3 times a day (and I needed to convert more than one flag). Does anyone know any safe, free filetype converters that can convert images from .xcf to .png? Preferably could it also be able to resize images and the like? I don't really mind if it is downloadable or online, to be honest.

Spoiler

For those curious, the site I used that said I needed premium was online-convert.com

Thanks in advance,

SecondHandRocketScience

The .xcf file for GIMP is a project file, not an image file, like PSD for photoshop.  It'll retain all your working settings like layers and whatnot.  Any time you have a complex editor like that, you'll want to be looking for a button like 'Export' for making an actual working file.

Online file conversion sites are extremely hit or miss on the sketchy scale, so it's best to avoid them unless you know for certain they're legit.

12 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Online file conversion sites are extremely hit or miss on the sketchy scale, so it's best to avoid them unless you know for certain they're legit.

Very true. My antivirus blocked three sites with varying degrees of malware detected on them while searching for one online.

18 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

But doesn't the native Gimp "File/Export As..." work?

I'm relatively new to GIMP and as aforementioned never knew that existed. Just successfully exported it as a .png to go into my flags in the game :cool: Thanks for all your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.