Stability issues with 1.12.3 Linux

Hi all,
I'm having some stability issues with latest client.
Before used 1.12.2 with Great Success! with the same OS and hardware but this one seems to crash randomly where ever after what ever time.
I have few mods. Can't anymore remember their names as got them with maybe for 1.9.1 but they have following directory names in /GameData/  I have just copy&pasted them from installation to installation.

1. Chatterer
  2. CommunityCategoryKit
  3. DMagicUtilities
  4. Kas
  5. Kis
  6. NavyFish
  7. TriggerTech

Does KSP output any log that I could share with you to determine what causes these crashes?
This is really infuriating so any help is much appreciated!

Yes, there are log files. See the link below for instructions to find and share logs.

Going from 1.12.2 to 1.12.3 shouldn't cause big issues, but maybe some of your mods already had issues and 1.12.3 reached the breaking point.

You said "crash" but didn't explain what kind. Does the game just shutdown, do you get a Unity error debug message, or does your entire OS crash?

Sorry,
The mentioned crash is a nice exit of whole client. It just freezes and goes away in a second or two leaving no hanging audio or processes etc.
I was not prepared for issues with the transition from 1.12.2 and this has me bit of mystified :confused: Granted, some of my mods could cause this!

Thank you for the link! Found the log, does it renew? Do i "have to" play until another crash and after that submit fresh one?
https://a.tmp.ninja/xdkzTxhG.log
It is only 48h limited upload as dropbox was too commercial site for me :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, securityinstruts said:

Found the log, does it renew? Do i "have to" play until another crash and after that submit fresh one?

The log is zero'ed out every time KSP starts. Ideally, provide a log just after you get the crash, and maybe there's a real obvious clue at the end of the log. The log your provided might still be useful, though, if there are smaller errors that build up over time before the crash.

I unfortunately can't read your log at the moment due to a firewall at my current location blocking that site. Will try to check later tonight.

Moved to modded tech support.

12 hours ago, securityinstruts said:

I have just copy&pasted them from installation to installation.

To me, this seems like a giant red flag.   First step should be to update all your mods to the current version. 

Okay, okay.
It was not the mods, that is if Breaking ground and Making History are not counted as mods.
Unpacked and installed those into a fresh installation of KSP and started a new career. This crash happened just after pressing recovery of first orbital vessel
https://a.tmp.ninja/lVYqKWFl.log

Should I now make a duplicate post in the unmodded sections or is this OK?
Is there any info that I could tell you guys to take a guess about the issue and how to remedy the situation?

Since your log indicates that KSP crashes somewhere in the garbage collection process, it could be related to the problem described here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/62/6216/bug.html#c26

Basically, the Mono GC (or at least the old and obsolete version still used by Unity) sometimes needs to split an existing memory block when freeing up unused memory, and may run over the allowed maximum of allocated memory blocks in the process (which leads to the weird situation that you get an out of memory error when trying to free unused memory).

I had similar crashes a while ago, and increasing the vm.max_map_count sysconfig parameter (to 5000000 in my case, but other values my work just as well) fixed the problem for me. 

So, basically adding a line "vm.max_map_count =" above that mentioned 655360, say couple of millions, to /etc/sysctl.conf and rebooting would maybe fix these crashes? Did I get that right?
But before doing this, I would like to know what that actually does? I'm pretty noob as to what comes to the soul of linux and would not like to put any more stress to my potato than is necessary.

In any case, Thank you greatly!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.