In the original KSP, when you made a Kerbal exit the cockpit it magically teleported to the outside. Maybe they could expand on this a little bit in the second game. It would be cool if we could actually see the Kerbals opening the hatch or canopy of their cockpit. Taking it a step further, we could add different animations depending on how fast the craft is going. It would be really funny to see a Kerbal poke it’s head out a hatch in atmosphere only to get sucked out, or for the hatch or canopy of a spaceplane cockpit to get ripped off after it opens.

I have no idea if they are going to add something like this, but Intercept has already created a bunch of idol animations and emotes so they may. Something like this would add a lot more life to the game.

I assumed because in a podcast/ one of the feature videos Nate mentioned that they completely revamped the animations, which left me assuming that all animations are going to be changed/made better. I’m not 100% sure if this is true, though.

New animations are always welcome, but everything that slows down already slow gameplay is a no. Like, if I don't get immediate control over a Kerbal after hitting EVA button because I have to watch it open the hatch, exit and close behind them.  That's realistic but annoying and I know that because I've played Death Stranding.

Another thing to consider, alongside with animations taking time and game resources, is that they would require additional skills from modders. Currently there are many mods with new capsules, and making them requires only modelling skills. If animations will be implemented for stock parts, many modded parts that do not have animations will stand out as not enough stock-alike

15 hours ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

I assumed because in a podcast/ one of the feature videos Nate mentioned that they completely revamped the animations, which left me assuming that all animations are going to be changed/made better. I’m not 100% sure if this is true, though.

Well u should've said you assumed then :-\

But i would do really like if such animations existed

12 hours ago, The Aziz said:

New animations are always welcome, but everything that slows down already slow gameplay is a no. Like, if I don't get immediate control over a Kerbal after hitting EVA button because I have to watch it open the hatch, exit and close behind them.  That's realistic but annoying and I know that because I've played Death Stranding.

I personally don’t imagine them adding 20 hour animations of Kerbals getting in and out of a spacecraft. I’m thinking kinda like exiting a car in GTA. The animations should only last one or two seconds.

11 hours ago, desert said:

Another thing to consider, alongside with animations taking time and game resources, is that they would require additional skills from modders. Currently there are many mods with new capsules, and making them requires only modelling skills. If animations will be implemented for stock parts, many modded parts that do not have animations will stand out as not enough stock-alike

I don’t think that’ll necessarily be the case. The animations are only really for show so I don’t think most people will care if modded parts don’t have them. If anything I think it’ll actually open up what modders can do.

14 minutes ago, BowlerHatGuy2 said:

I personally don’t imagine them adding 20 hour animations of Kerbals getting in and out of a spacecraft. I’m thinking kinda like exiting a car in GTA. The animations should only last one or two seconds.

They get that it's only a few seconds, but they'd rather just immediately get to the gameplay. I agree with them.

13 hours ago, The Aziz said:

It should be optional.

7 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy2 said:

I’m thinking kinda like exiting a car in GTA. The animations should only last one or two seconds.

Tommy/Carl/Niko/the V trio don't really change outfits in the middle of exiting the car (and honestly comparing this to disembarking a spaceship..). So you'd have an animation of a Kerbal magically changing the suit for EVA while exiting a MK1 plane cockpit - where you can see every move because this time you can indeed look inside without using IVA view. So I guess if they're not going to include magical suit change, it's better to omit the animation whatsoever.

6 hours ago, Catto said:

It should be optional.

No. Stop trying to make everything optional. It doubles the work without doubling the profits, or in this case, satisfied players. Let the devs have their own vision. (Mind you that was not directed at you but the general mindset of some people around these forums)

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Tommy/Carl/Niko/the V trio don't really change outfits in the middle of exiting the car (and honestly comparing this to disembarking a spaceship..). So you'd have an animation of a Kerbal magically changing the suit for EVA while exiting a MK1 plane cockpit - where you can see every move because this time you can indeed look inside without using IVA view. So I guess if they're not going to include magical suit change, it's better to omit the animation whatsoever.

13 hours ago, Catto said:

Magical suit change then. Maybe have the opening hatch just show dark blackness inside?

9 hours ago, The Aziz said:

No. Stop trying to make everything optional. It doubles the work without doubling the profits, or in this case, satisfied players. Let the devs have their own vision. (Mind you that was not directed at you but the general mindset of some people around these forums)

Fine, i'll have my kerbals teleport around like they're demigods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, The Aziz said:

Tommy/Carl/Niko/the V 트리오는 차에서 나가는 도중에 의상을 바꾸지 않습니다 (그리고 솔직히 이것을 우주선을 내리는 것과 비교합니다..). 따라서 MK1 비행기 조종석을 빠져 나가는 동안 Kerbal이 EVA의 슈트를 마술처럼 바꾸는 애니메이션을 갖게 될 것입니다.이 애니메이션에서는 IVA보기를 사용하지 않고도 실제로 내부를 들여다 볼 수 있기 때문에 모든 움직임을 볼 수 있습니다. 그래서 나는 그들이 마법의 양복 변화를 포함하지 않을 것이라면, 애니메이션을 생략하는 것이 좋습니다.

아니요. 모든 것을 선택 사항으로 만들려고 시도하지 마십시오. 그것은 이익을 두 배로 늘리지 않고 작업을 두 배로 늘리거나,이 경우 만족스러운 플레이어를 제공합니다. 개발자들이 그들 자신의 비전을 갖도록하십시오. (당신을 향한 것이 아니라이 포럼 주변의 일부 사람들의 일반적인 사고 방식을 명심하십시오)

How about changing the eva suit manually? It might be a little troublesome, but.   if you don't wear an eva suit, you can't go out.   or you can go out without an eva suit, but you die in space.   it will be very sad.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:14 PM, bananaking said:

How about changing the eva suit manually? It might be a little troublesome, but.   if you don't wear an eva suit, you can't go out.   or you can go out without an eva suit, but you die in space.   it will be very sad.

This sounds like a very unfun kind of micromanagement to me.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:14 PM, bananaking said:

Completely and utterly pointless.