Release Date Update from the KSP2 Team

Nate Simpson

7 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

They ALREADY planned release to march 2020

Since then, they have significantly increased the scope of the game, the developers moved over to a new company, and COVID-19 came.

Simple.

Hmmm... There is a National Churro Day next year as well - but it's not "early 2023".

Looks like I'm losing the office pool.

Spoiler

(Unless other delays occur - and then you all owe me a Churro!)

Also, weirdly, I found myself googling DukeNukem 4 this morning... ;.;

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

5 minutes ago, razark said:

So, what is your point?

Do you have anything, ever, to post here besides your constant complaining and negativity?

No complaining.

No negativity.

Just solid facts.

2 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Since then, they have significantly increased the scope of the game, the developers moved over to a new company, and COVID-19 came.

Simple.

What scope, man? They reveal whole scope on gamescom and no additions so far (maybe i miss something, remind me please)

4 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

No complaining.

No negativity.

Just solid facts.

People who insist that they always “give the facts” and are “brutally honest” are quite frankly insufferable. Facts can be negative.

If I state that people die every day, sure it’s just a fact, but it’s still negative.

Please stop commenting here if you don’t have anything of substance to add.

Edit: Also how is “I think the game is cancelled” (it isn’t) a fact and not an opinion?

Edited by Omni122
Added content

3 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

What scope, man? They reveal whole scope on gamescom and no additions so far (maybe i miss something, remind me please)

9 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Since then, they have significantly increased the scope of the game

We have seen several falling towers in the trailer.

It's even fearful to imagine what are they crashing in the expanded scope...

@Nate Simpson thanks for the update.

If that is the case could we please also have scheduled monthly updates even 2-3 min clips that show us some more polish?  Something to look forward to on a certain day? 

Maybe the next one could be some Points of Difference summaries.  

I'm pleased that the scope has increased in size personally. It means that it will really be worth the jump to KSP2 and we won't be expecting to rely on DLC to plug holes.  Not saying I'm not expecting DLC, just that the update will be new stuff.

So thanks again.  

Peace.

Honestly this isn't bad news, early 2023 is just a few extra months of waiting, I'm just happy the game is in a release window again.

Thank you for the update and for working so hard to make this possible, you guys are awesome!

19 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Thanks for the update! now i have more time to save for the game and any expansions/merch that might come with it!

I'm expecting to have to save for a new PC. :( but by then my ASUS ROG will be 9 years old :D

Just now, BekfastDerp13 said:

At least the game is coming out! I'll do as much in KSP 1 as I can before then

Yeah!!!

(This is one of the most active posts i've ever been on)

2 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

@Nate SimpsonStop it Nate! You guys promised release at march 2020 when you show the preveiw on gamescom 2019. Even BEFORE the plague. So 3 year from then you still not shown ACTUAL gameplay even once. This game is dead, you just making damage control. It wont help you anyway. Just accept the truth and stop fooling your fans. Just say that you failed.

At least if you dont want to repeat NMS scenarion. But even Shean Murray not delaying the game for 3 years...

You need to grow up.

Considering all the things I still have yet to do in KSP1, the delay doesn't impact me all that much.  I mean, do I want to give the devs my money?  Yes.  Am I going to be upset that I can't until next year?  Nope.

T2 earnings report today lists KSP2 as releasing Q4 of FY23 for PC. Meaning the game is slated to release before April 1, 2023.

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Thanks for the info Nate, all appreciation for the effort of the whole team! It's going to be the greatest game.

I hope you make it so we can all build together in a persistent world. Really can't wait to discover all the cool things everyone has and will create in the game universe.

That's what I like to hear :)

44 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

They ALREADY planned release to march 2020 when show the preview on gamescom. Before any sign of plague. So if we accept the hypothesis that they not lied to us preemptively - game would be almost ready, cuz obvious to anyone that you cant make such a game from scratch to release in 6-7 months. And there is no ANY single explanation why this "almost ready" state stretched fro ~4 years

COVID can't affect it so hard. If, IF(!!!) They arent lied to us preemptively.

Simple.

We are all angry that it got pushed but in reality its a good thing as the game will be more polished. For NMS scenario is not likely as NMS should of delayed, But that scenario is far away like it shows us the devs are having problems and coming out and saying that we need more time finish/fixing stuff which most people should be happy about as the devs want the game to be good or having problems with the next feature episode which could give us when the think to release. I am trying not to be rude but I want say something positive about the delay.

50 minutes ago, Omni122 said:

People who insist that they always “give the facts” and are “brutally honest” are quite frankly insufferable. Facts can be negative.

That's not true. Unpleasant truths sometimes need to be confronted. But I do 100% fully agree with you if you replace "give the facts" and "brutally honest" with "telling nonsense" and "massive liar";

2 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

Stop it Nate! You guys promised release at march 2020 when you show the preveiw on gamescom 2019. Even BEFORE the plague. So 3 year from then you still not shown ACTUAL gameplay even once. This game is dead, you just making damage control. It wont help you anyway. Just accept the truth and stop fooling your fans. Just say that you failed.

At least if you dont want to repeat NMS scenarion. But even Shean Murray not delaying the game for 3 years...

This isn't facts by any means, this is just hot air. Baseless assumptions. You don't even have to look far to find NMS wouldn't have launched in the state it did if it hadn't been rushed by the higher-ups. This is all just trying to generate negativity. There's no facts to be seen here.