Release Date Update from the KSP2 Team

Nate Simpson

41 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Hey, more dev time is needed. Crunching+development hell is rough on devs, happy devs are people that want a normal work load, too and  good-working devs. Take all the time you need, what you have shown so far is *amazing* we are happy to wait

Also this. Often people think only about the game, like it was magically developed by a machine. There's people behind it. Most of them are passionate about KSP. The last think any KSP fan would want is the next installment made by people that ends up getting burnt out, frustrated or hating their job.

Take it easy!

Edited by Lijazos

While unfortunate, this is about what I expected, and i'm glad that y'all are taking the time to make a great game and not Cyberpunk it.

Or we can blame  Blackrack and Gameslinx for making the competition a bit tougher :wink: 

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:
2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lighting at the same time while simultaneously getting bit by a shark on dry land. 

I hit a fish with the roof of an ambulance once.    Does that count?    /off topic. 
Edit: Explained

I’m just happy they’re still working on it. 

Edited by Gargamel

9 hours ago, qwery123 said:

At least, there is now a more accurate release date than just "somewhen in 2022"

I am very hopeful that this is the final delay because it technically isn’t a delay at all. The last release date that was announced was sometime in fiscal year 2022. Which for their company ends a few months into 2023. 

I am understanding this as less of a delay and more of a confirmation that they are still on track for the tail end of fiscal year 2022.

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I saw this after school after earlier telling my friends how excited I was for KSP 2 this year.

Ouch, I was also thinking I might play KSP 2 if it came out in the summer. I was wrong.

4 hours ago, obnox twin said:

@Nate SimpsonLike everybody says take your time. But will we still get a few snippets of progress?

Yeah, sure...

4 years isnt enough. (2019-2023 + unknow amout of time before the announce)
Just let them set release to 2030. For solid reliability.
At least then they will dont need to delay it every year over and over again...

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I hit a fish with the roof of an ambulance once.    Does that count?    /off topic. 
Edit: Explained

I’m just happy they’re still working on it. 

I'd say that's close, you're just missing the lightning and winning lottery ticket <_<

O guess that must mean we are 2/3 of the way to collapsing probability sine waves for another KSP1 DLC :P 

Guys we have gotten a lot of news, stop insulting the KSP team. Maybe you guys should try to code without making a thousand bugs and spending longer than intended on it especially at literally interstellar scales!

1 minute ago, jebycheek said:

Anny ways, playing with people's feeling is kinda mean.

Considering it is May and they are announcing this rather than waiting until the 11th hour on December 31st 2022 to make the announcement I don't think "playing with peoples feelings" really holds water. I'd be much more disappointed if they remained silent all year and then delayed it last minute.

3 minutes ago, PopinFRESH said:

Considering it is May and they are announcing this rather than waiting until the 11th hour on December 31st 2022 to make the announcement I don't think "playing with peoples feelings" really holds water. I'd be much more disappointed if they remained silent all year and then delayed it last minute.

Well,If this is the scond or third delay  i will totally agree with you.

Edited by jebycheek

In the earnings call it says KSP2 is launching in Q4 of FY2023, which from my search means a time between January 1st 2023 - March 31st 2023.  Going to a 3 month release window, from a 12 month one, seems pretty good to me. And because they're likely to grab all the time they can get, it's pretty much guaranteed to launch in March - so there's also sort of a release month. All of that is a lot more specific than "Early 2023", as well as official, since it came from the earnings call.

There's also up to about 10 months more development time that they've got. Given a guess of about 2 years of development prior to announcing in 2019, that's a total of about 5 - 6 years. Idk how they could delay again, so my hype train is going good.

Edited by Derpiesaurus
Changing "March 31st of 2023" to "March 31st 2023".

The only two three things stay unclear:

1) What have been we watching in 2019?

2) Which way do the covid and other disasters affect the then-existing source code stored in the corporative repository?

3) Will the Starship and/or SLS/Orion reach the Moon first in KSP2 or irl?

Edited by kerbiloid

18 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

1) What have been we watching in 2019?

I don't understand this question. There were videos posted then, but other than that I don't know what you mean.

2) Which way do the covid and other disasters affect the then-existing source code stored in the corporative repository?

Covid is not that kind of virus :D However if that source code was ready for release they'd have released it back then. It's possibly not even the same code base they're using today.

3) Will the Starship and/or SLS/Orion reach the Moon first in KSP2 or irl?

I don't know between Starship and KSP2, but I would put money on them both being before Orion.

41 minutes ago, Derpiesaurus said:

In the earnings call it says KSP2 is launching in Q4 of FY2023, which from my search means a time between January 1st 2023 - March 31st 2023.  Going to a 3 month release window, from a 12 month one, seems pretty good to me. And because they're likely to grab all the time they can get, it's pretty much guaranteed to launch in March - so there's also sort of a release month. All of that is a lot more specific than "Early 2023", as well as official, since it came from the earnings call.

There's also up to about 10 months more development time that they've got. Given a guess of about 2 years of development prior to announcing in 2019, that's a total of about 5 - 6 years. Idk how they could delay again, so my hype train is going good.

Yeah, Q4 FY2023 for T2 is Q1 calendar 2023 (January - March 2023), which is what I'd also label as "early 2023".

At this point what I'd expect to happen based on their prior cadence of feature videos would be an Episode 6 around September (e.g. about 5 months from April's episode 5) that goes over how they are approaching either colonies or multiplayer. Then another 5 months after that around February 2023 would be an episode 7 covering whichever of those two they didn't discuss in episode 6. Then shortly after that in February a short (similar to the cinematic trailer) gameplay launch trailer, which doesn't show too much of the progression, that announces the actual launch date in March.

I looked into a crystal ball a few minutes ago which showed me a glimpse of a ouija board that pointed me to the number 315... :0.0: So officially it looks like the launch date is March 15th 2023.

Thanks for the Update Cannot Wait!

Just now, PopinFRESH said:

Yeah, Q4 FY2023 for T2 is Q1 calendar 2023 (January - March 2023), which is what I'd also label as "early 2023".

At this point what I'd expect to happen based on their prior cadence of feature videos would be an Episode 6 around September (e.g. about 5 months from April's episode 5) that goes over how they are approaching either colonies or multiplayer. Then another 5 months after that around February 2023 would be an episode 7 covering whichever of those two they didn't discuss in episode 6. Then shortly after that in February a short (similar to the cinematic trailer) gameplay launch trailer, which doesn't show too much of the progression, that announces the actual launch date in March.

I looked into a crystal ball a few minutes ago which showed me a glimpse of a ouija board that pointed me to the number 315... :0.0: So officially it looks like the launch date is March 15th 2023.

Some nice decoding job man