Do you go on the forums at school?

Nazalassa

Do you go on the forums at school?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go on the forums at school?

1 hour ago, Autochrome said:

Unfortunately, due to internet filters with my school's WIFI, I can't see .png files on the forums, which makes looking at mission reports useless because I can't view the images.

Same, but it seems to depend on the classroom I'm in, which is strange. Most of the time, I just use the forums as a way to keep up with space news, since it takes so long for the article to pop up.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, Autochrome said:

Unfortunately, due to internet filters with my school's WIFI, I can't see .png files on the forums, which makes looking at mission reports useless because I can't view the images.

At our school our filters are more lax, only the pictures hosted on discord are blocked. Which is a shame, since some people prefer to post on discord instead of imgur.

For some reason, Discord is blocked during school hours but unblocked before or after on the school campus. The only other website where I can communicate with other people during school hours is the KSP Forums because I'm probably the only one who uses it here at school.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, GuessingEveryDay said:

it seems to depend on the classroom I'm in

I think that might be a thing different teachers have. My school uses this gogaurdian thing to block websites and watch students. i don't know what you mean by school, because you might be talking about school as in K-12 mandatory learning, or college. But if you are in K-12 mandatory learning, I would say it's probably something like gogaurdian.

I don't use it at school, but I'm probably the only one in my school who has an account on here.

Last time I checked, I think  the forums were blocked on the school chromebooks (GoGuardian). Even if it wasn't blocked, I wouldn't really go on them at school anyways. I would rather get work done at school and have more time to do stuff at home than do other things at school and have to do the work at home anyway. I understand many people do it after they finish their work though, so that's a little better. Normally, when I finish work at school, I just read or draw trucks and cranes.

I visit this forum when I am at school. :D

Although I do have access to a school computer, I don't use it since only the school PCs are allowed to track the sites we visit. I bring either my tablet or laptop from home.

• 2 weeks later...

Never. I finished my school before 80486 and Internet got a chance to appear, a little later than Unix was born.

P.S.
But I was playing spaceflights with formulas and calculator during the  classes, too.

Edited by kerbiloid

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.