How are KSP's extra launchsites coded? Could a mod hypothetically put a launchsite on Duna or the Mun, using this feature?

Could a mod reuse the extra launchsite features (like the island runway and desert airfield) and put one on Duna or the Mun? 

I know Extraplanetary Launchpads lets you do this already, but that adds extra parts that break saves and craft sharing. I want to know if I can directly launch a ship on The Mun using that drop-down launch menu in the VAB. I believe the console version of KSP has something like this already, so it has been done before.

this is absolutely possible, as the console version of ksp has a mun launchsite

if you want a custom one (using a pc or mac obviously) you can use the kerbal konstructs mod, which allows you to create custom "statics" (buildings like the ksc) which can be set as launchpads.

10 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

if you want a custom one (using a pc or mac obviously) you can use the kerbal konstructs mod, which allows you to create custom "statics" (buildings like the ksc) which can be set as launchpads.

I've only seen Kerbal Konstructs stuff on Kerbin... you're saying that mod works on other planets too?! That would be so cool...

On 5/20/2022 at 7:33 PM, It'snorocketscience said:

you're saying that mod works on other planets too?! That would be so cool...

Kerbal Konstructs works on every planet, stock or modded (at least to my extent of knowledge)

Edited by Space Kerbalisation Tech

1 hour ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Kerbal Konstructs works on every planet, stock or modded (at least to my extent of knowledge)

That's cool. Maybe if I search harder I'll find a mod that puts a launchpad on the Mun. If not, maybe I'll go learn how Kerbal Konstructs works and make one myself...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.