A question for all. Did you ever land on an another planet, and return to kerbin safely?

yoarebignoob

My campaign games always get to the point where I'm trying to build bases and rovers or stations and end up getting into Kraken territory

I've not gotten past Mun and Minmus.f

I've kind of given up and waiting for ksp2

Edited by se5a

For me, it has been mostly Minmus, some on the Mun, several times on Duna. I thought about doing Ike, but I don't like Ike :D. Seriously Ike, almost every time I go to land on Duna, you have to show your ugly face and get in the way. I suppose I should try to use that to my advantage though.

I landed .... umm, docked on Gilly one time. I cant count the number of times I tapped the throttle just a bit too much and went flying off before getting it right. That was the first time I played with the throttle override setting, up until then I could never figure out why I would want to reduce the power. But man the decent took forever, I could have gone and made a pot of coffee in the time it took. If I ever go back to Gilly again, I'll just treat it as a docking attempt and not a landing, for some reason that didn't occur to me the first time.

I think I've come home from every place except Eve. Currently have a bunch of Kerbals stranded in Laythe orbit, but if I can get enough fuel over there I could send them home.

I did a mission to Moho a while back but forgot a parachute on the return capsule, so my Kerbals had to bail out and lost their science.

Yes, I have been doing that quite steadily in my sandbox save in 3.0. And that's with OPM installed.

I will say there has been more than a few rescue missions involved. One of the mottos of my space program is "never leave a Kerbalnaut stranded" :blush::D

Spoiler

And on more than once occasion, there's been a rescue mission for the rescue mission. Oh, and that was for the Eve mission. :confused::cool:

Apparently, that week, the mission motto was why leave four Kerbalnauts stranded on Eve when you could leave SIX Kerbalnauts stranded! The rescue mission for the rescue mission was an unkerbaled mission with a probe core in control. :mad:

Since 0.23 which was actual version when I discovered this lovely game, there is only one body, from which I never returned - Eve. (not counting Jool, of course).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.