Test Team is growing!

RayneCloud

We need more Testers! Though there's a catch, and it's something we just can't change...we're in desperate need of Mac testers! So in short, I need at least 10 new people with the following,

18 and Up

Mac user

Decent Mac's

Willing to and capable of testing and reporting bugs

There is an NDA!

Anyway, send me some PM's!

Name

Previous Experience

Explanation of your Current System

decent macs only??

surely a spectrum covering lower specs and higher spec machines would yield a truer set of results rather than ones for users with high end machines. (not that i own a mac, just seems funny that there is a "minimum system requirement")

decent macs only??

surely a spectrum covering lower specs and higher spec machines would yield a truer set of results rather than ones for users with high end machines. (not that i own a mac, just seems funny that there is a "minimum system requirement")

Decent means...well..decent...not super high end, and low end is fine.

Yo, Damion... just out of curiosity, which law(s) are the ones preventing you guys from using minors as testers?

Has to do with contract law, I beleive. You'd basically have to get your parents or legal guardian to sign off on it, and sending forms to and from Mexico is many different forms of fun. (Not a lawyer.)

I suppose there isn't really much point in me posting... I have a 'decent' mac (actually a spectrum of macs, most old and bad, but still running KSP) but I'm 17. :D

Think you'll still need mac testers in a year's time?

Has to do with contract law, I beleive. You'd basically have to get your parents or legal guardian to sign off on it, and sending forms to and from Mexico is many different forms of fun. (Not a lawyer.)
Hmm. I don't suppose there's a workaround? Or does it have to do with the NDA, that minors can't give consent for that, or something? If it's the latter, then that makes more sense, I suppose.
do the laws apply when you're in a different country? I live in the UK
Yeah, they do. The forum and Squad are both located in Mexico... and as such both are subject to the law of Mexico. Any users here and players of KSP must abide by Mexico's law, IIRC.
But wouldn't someone at 18 or over still have to send forms to Mexico?
Not sure on that one. I'm not much of a lawyer myself. We don't know, after all, if the testers have to sign forms anyway, so who knows?

Must. Find. Loophole. NNNGGRH. :)

An NDA is a serious legal document. As far as I know the law is the same for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. You must be 18yrs old to sign such a legally binding document. I have signed many of them throughout the years and never once has a digital signature been accepted. I have, however, been allowed to scan a copy of the NDA with my signature and Photo ID and send that to the company because it would take less time, but I still had to mail the original document w/signature.

As much as I dreamed to be a KSP Test team, I really don't fit what you're looking for :(. 16 years old and using a PC. Gah..

Good to see the Test Team is growing though, more testers means more results, and bugs and glitches will get fixed faster!

Keep up the awesome job Squad and Test Team! Even though planets are way over my reach right now, I'm enjoying overshooting them *chuckle*.