Jeb REALLY goes into space.

Fengist

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

A Jebediah plush was sent to space on the Starliner. EXCELLENT P/R stunt, I say. This is an argument I can see value on a discussion like this one we are getting around here.

As we say around here in Brazil, "Águas passadas não movem moinhos" (water under the bridge do not move mills). What you are doing today is what matters.

https://www.engadget.com/boeing-starliner-kerbal-space-program-jeb-212326380.html

Wow that's amazing!

"Boeing kept Jeb’s presence on OFT-2 secret until the spacecraft docked with the ISS. A spokesperson for the company told collectSPACE that Starliner’s engineering team chose the mascot in part because of the science, technology, engineering and math lessons KSP has to teach players. Jeb will spend the next few days with the crew of the ISS before they place him back in the spacecraft for its return trip to Earth."

I can confirm KSP officially (re)tweeted about this.

Edited by Vl3d

19 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Wow that's amazing!

"Boeing kept Jeb’s presence on OFT-2 secret until the spacecraft docked with the ISS. A spokesperson for the company told collectSPACE that Starliner’s engineering team chose the mascot in part because of the science, technology, engineering and math lessons KSP has to teach players. Jeb will spend the next few days with the crew of the ISS before they place him back in the spacecraft for its return trip to Earth."

I can confirm KSP officially (re)tweeted about this.

This is the coolest thing ever. Well done Jeb! 

34 minutes ago, obnox twin said:

What is it?

A Kerbal!  Maybe it's not the most scientific instrument onboard, but something from a game I worked on made it into space!  I am seriously loving this!  We all are!

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

A Kerbal!  Maybe it's not the most scientific instrument onboard, but something from a game I worked on made it into space!  I am seriously loving this!  We all are!

Not scientific? Can you think of another instrument that would have given a better representation of the lack of gravitational influence AND could easily survive explosive decompression AND be smiling about it the entire time?

How dare you underestimate the unwavering devotion of Jeb. He IS the ultimate scientific instrument!

Edited by Fengist

1 minute ago, Fengist said:

How dare you underestimate the unwavering devotion of Jeb. He IS the ultimate scientific instrument!

Or, God forbid, something go wrong with the capsule, the ultimate crash test dummy! ;p

Just now, adsii1970 said:

Or, God forbid, something go wrong with the capsule, the ultimate crash test dummy! ;p

Even more proof that his potential contributions to every field of science as a highly calibrated instrument are utterly boundless.

Just now, Fengist said:

Even more proof that his potential contributions to every field of science as a highly calibrated instrument are utterly boundless.

Is there a Valentina plushie Boeing, Virgin Galactic, Blue Origin, or SpaceX can send up next... we all know how the roster is supposed to work...  :wink:

19 hours ago, CFYL said:

I wonder if Boeing paid to Squad/T2 or the opposite:P

From what I read, many of the Boeing engineers played KSP and T2 provided them with the plushie. I'm assuming this was not a money thing.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Among the burning wreckage, no survivors anywhere, sits a slightly singed kerbal with an expression of glee.   

Given Boeing’s recent history, this isn’t too far from the truth.  

4 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

sits a slightly singed kerbal with an expression of glee.  

You meant Jeb but hopefully it doesn't burn up but hey I hope someone at NASA does Jeb for zero-g indicator for Artemis 1

And atleast the kraken didn't show up and destroyed the ISS

Edited by obnox twin
Forgot to add something

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.