How many Kerbins can fit in Jool?

Monkthespy

The more interesting question is whether or not adding that many Kerbins to Jool would cause it to collapse and begin nuclear fusion. I suspect the answer to be "yes". Though since Kerbin already has the density of a neutron star in our universe...things might be different. Who's to say?

And who are these "math peoplez"? All I see are those willing to learn, and those who are not.

The more interesting question is whether or not adding that many Kerbins to Jool would cause it to collapse and begin nuclear fusion. I suspect the answer to be "yes". Though since Kerbin already has the density of a neutron star in our universe...things might be different. Who's to say?

And who are these "math peoplez"? All I see are those willing to learn, and those who are not.

you misinterpreted the question, he's really asking "how many volumes of the planet Kerbin would equate to the volume of the planet Jool"

now I guess hard more would be to find the circumference of Jool all on your own by flying there yourself, noting down apoapsis and periapsis, your velocity, and time from apoapsis to periapsis

then doing the same with Kerbin

you misinterpreted the question, he's really asking "how many volumes of the planet Kerbin would equate to the volume of the planet Jool"

After re-reading both the OP and my post, I assure you, I wasn't misinterpreting anything. The question had already been answered, so I was posing another question. I'm wondering what would happen if you took as many Kerbins as would fit in Jool, and then stick said Kerbins into Jool, if you would get a star.

Reminds me of "A Mole of Moles" http://what-if.xkcd.com/4/

Quite possibly the most awesome yet least relevant thought experiment in science to date.

The more interesting question is whether or not adding that many Kerbins to Jool would cause it to collapse and begin nuclear fusion.

You are, of course, assuming Jool is composed primarily of hydrogen & helium, which wouldn't account for it's green color.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.