What updates are being planned to be added after KSP 2 releases

1 hour ago, awsumguy76801 said:

What is in store after the release

Bug fixes, optimisations, quality-of-life improvements, and maybe new features. That is the absolute extent of what anyone knows.

1 hour ago, jastrone said:

im guessing mostly new parts because that was the case in ksp 1.  maybe also some smaller features

They could always include new solar systems if they have ideas for more cool ideas/challenges for the player.  Beyond that, yeah, new parts, new skins for existing parts, new paint schemes...

The question really is, what COULDN'T future expansions contain?  That would be for us to find out in the future.  Given some of the tech we've seen in the show and tells, there are a lot of possibilities.

5 hours ago, joratto said:

I won’t be surprised if multiplayer is delayed to a post-release update

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

I think MP has been done for a while (nate Simpson spoke of his experiences with it right after announcement) and they've been waiting to show it off very close to release. 

On 5/29/2022 at 1:13 AM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

I think MP has been done for a while (nate Simpson spoke of his experiences with it right after announcement) and they've been waiting to show it off very close to release. 

I suspect that when we're actually closing in on the actual release, news is going to start exploding, and the HYPE TRAIN™ will be operating at full speed.

Edited by intelliCom

1 hour ago, intelliCom said:

I suspect that when we're actually closing in on the actual release, news is going to start exploding, and the HYPE TRAIN™ will be operating at full speed.

It's gonna be a couple more months but I agree. Hype train leaves the station in like Sept

1 hour ago, intelliCom said:

11 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

It's gonna be a couple more months but I agree. Hype train leaves the station in like Sept

All aboard the choo! thread.

I don't think the train will leave the station in September, however, given the prior cadence of the feature videos they've been posted about every 5 months so I do think we will see a feature video on either colonies or multiplayer in September. Then another 5 months after that in February we will probably see a final feature video on whichever one they don't cover in episode 6... and THAT is when the HYPE TRAIN™ will pull away from the station.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:46 AM, Gargamel said:

Since the game hasn’t been released, and we don’t even know what it will contain, any conversation about releases after KSP2 is completely moot.  

On this topic I'd echo Gargamel. They haven't even finished the game and still have yet to show or discuss the implementations of all of the major pillars that have been announced.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:58 AM, awsumguy76801 said:

What is in store after the release i wanna know plss

Playing the game, that is what is in store for after release. Building a deathtrap glorious scientific vessel for Jeb to pilot to the Mun and beyond!

34 minutes ago, PopinFRESH said:

Building a deathtrap glorious scientific vessel for Jeb to pilot to the Mun and beyond!

Building an industry-standard claustrophobic iron maiden filled with explosives luxurious and safe interstellar cruiser, with up to 2 times the room!

Edited by intelliCom

I think RSS/RO type stuff is MUCH more in the wheelhouse of "modding support" than it is "in house development" but hey they could always surprise me, it's not like I've never been wrong in my life.

24 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

It could be a standalone game to KSP2 so they could charge for a new game maybe

Even if I knew what "it" meant in your comment, I would probably still think it's a bad (mainly consumerist) idea.

17 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Could Intercept Games do a RSS/RO maybe? How would that affect the modding community?

I think it is very unlikely, but if they think it is commercially viable then just maybe.

As for the affecting the modding community, why would that be an issue? 

2 hours ago, pandaman said:

As for the affecting the modding community, why would that be an issue? 

Copyright? A lot of people put RSS/RO together which wasn't Squad and they made no money from it.

It was just a thought. I didn't mean anything by it.

Squad had a problem with releasing KSP and then had to somehow make money from the free updates (probably a few new purchases which was enough to keep the game going?)

I would like Intercept Games to stay in business after KSP2 is released but I wonder if biyearly DLCs would be enough to keep them going.