Unpopular KSP opinions!

Rutabaga22

37 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I think that is a good decision, you don't wan't to give players insane new planets. I think most people who bought ksp wanted to do some real life missions, so having familia planets was a good idea.

Well i doubt a completely green planet, that has a moon with breathable atmosphere, is what one would call familiar.

I don't like the Skipper engine. Well it's less that I don't like it, and more that I don't think it has many justifiable uses in comparison to other engines.

Hear me out, put down your pitchforks. The Skipper exists to fill a niche in between the mainsail and the poodle in terms of efficiency and thrust. However, when would you actually need such an engine? On liftoff, mainsail is hands down better. In a vacuum, poodle is hands down better. Kerbin is too small for you to need three stages to get into orbit most of the time.

Maybe I could see it as a sustainer engine SLS style, or to save a few bucks in career mode (it is significantly cheaper than the mainsail). Those are about the only places I could see it being worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, Geonovast said:

Dres is real, and an exciting place to go to.

I like going to Dres, especially since the launch window from Kerbin comes early in a fresh game. 

"Probe me!" ~Dres

5 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I refuse to use the mainsail anymore because I hate the new model for it.

I would be okay with the model if the plume filled the nozzle in the slightest. It's like they took the swivel plume and copy pasted it.

The Poodle should only have one bell.  Bringing back the one-bell with the quality and style of the new one would be nice.

LV-909 needs an option for the legacy gold foil version without needing to use depracated parts.  Yes, the new one looks better for streamlined near-future style, but the old 909 has its own style that I don't like seeing fade into obscurity.

On 7/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, GKSP said:

The Poodle should only have one bell.

That’s what I thought too- at first.  Now I like the new Poodle design so much I sometimes use them just because I like the way they look.  I’ll admit it was a jarring change to make.

On 7/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, Geonovast said:

I refuse to use the mainsail anymore because I hate the new model for it.

This is a perfect post for this thread :D

On 7/16/2022 at 2:30 PM, Bej Kerman said:

The hype train is bad. It's all just a pointless echochamber that almost always results in harm and toxicity when the developers don't do something when people expect them to.

The Hype Train thread doesn't exist to have a Hype Train thread.

It exists to keep those posts contained in one place so they don't spill out all over the forum and ruin the experience for everybody.

The Making History Mastodon is pointless. Less powerful and less efficient than the Mainsail in atmosphere and vacuum, the only possible benefits are the (slightly) lower mass and (a bit more than slightly) lower cost.

It’s supposed to be the F-1 engine, so why is it so puny when the Rhino, an analog of the M-1 which had comparable thrust to the F-1, has 2MN vacuum thrust? Giving the Mastodon at least 1800kN vacuum thrust would make it worthwhile.

Breaking Ground propellers SUCK. The way they were implemented is super clunky, they don't resist timewarp, etc. They should have just added procedural, breakable propeller engine parts that let you adjust the length, shape and count of the blades in the part menu instead, would've been WAY easier to use for the player while still offering pretty much the same functionality.

Also, unmanned should have come before manned in the tech tree, the tech tree needs to be bigger to make it last longer, the contracts system is too restrictive for the core progression contracts, and strategies are useless.

Edited by Souper

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, Souper said:

the contracts system is too restrictive for the core progression contracts, and strategies are useless

This isn't an unpopular opinion...

3 hours ago, Beamer said:

TweakScale is KSP god-mode and should be considered the biggest cheat mod ever released.

I guess, but I think most ppl are sensible enough to use it in  non-cheaty way

Edited by Rutabaga22

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.