Are there any true career progression mods?

Hi, I am looking for true progression mod(packs). I've seen number of topics here (or reddit and other places) regarding this topic but almost none of them (mods, not topics :P) give the sense of any infrastructure expansion/progression.

All mods I've tried use Research nodes as progression gates and research points as the only resource required. Once you get the research you can skip few progression stages without doing anything. All of them were pretty much just about delaying bigger rockets and longer flights until you have a research that makes previous hinderance obsolete. Just unlock the parts, build bigger and you're good to go wherever you like directly from Kerbin.

I am looking for a career mods or packs that would expand career mode and would force me to build and maintain space infrastructure (space stations, surface mining operations, refueling stations and such) necessary to progress. I know it is sandbox game and I could roleplay it, and sometimes I do, but I find most fun in overcoming obstacles and challenges made by others and career makes it a bit tycoon-ish and even better.

I hope you will understand what I mean. Cheers!

Here's list of mods I liked. The main issue of these mods is that they bring options but not challenge (OK, LS did a lot!). They are not by any means necessary to progress:

- Extraplanetary Launchpads: this is the stuff I look for,

SCANsat: adds depth to exploration,

- Life support mods: these are actually great, I liked Kerbalism the most!

Edited by Nattfarinn
Mods I liked

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.