KatnisssCapeCanaveral for KSRSS v1.0

TruthfulGnome

Katniss'sCapeCanaveral for KSRSS 

This is a fork to @Katniss218's amazing Cape Canaveral mod massive thanks to them for allowing me to release this!
Link to original mod:  [1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Everything in this belongs to them! do not thank me for anything 

This adds the Cape and all of it's pads to the KSRSS system at the right scale
Not Compatible with KSC Extended, rogers Cape Kanaveral, or any other KK Mod.

220200_20220531231749_1.png

Download
Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS: Katniss's Cape Canaveral for KSRSS Reborn (github.com)

Dependencies:
Tundra Space Center
Kerbal-Konstructs
KSRSS Reborn
OSSNTR
Aurora Space Center

Recommended:
Modular Launch Pads

Variants:

Retro: 60s - 90s era of Cape Canaveral

Modern: 2010s - 2020s era of Cape Canaveral (Not Finished)

unknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.png
Pics credit: @Talverd

Edited by TruthfulGnome

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Katniss'sCapeCanaveral for KSRSS 

This is a fork to @Katniss218's amazing Cape Canaveral mod massive thanks to them for allowing me to release this!
Link to original mod:  [1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

This adds the Cape and all of it's pads to the KSRSS system at the right scale

220200_20220531231749_1.png

Download
GitHub - Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS: Katniss's Cape Canaveral for KSRSS 2.5x

Dependencies:
Tundra Space Center
Kerbal-Konstructs
KSRSS
RESCALE 2.5x (THIS IS A MUST)
OSSNTR

Recommended:
Modular Launch Pads

unknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.png
Pics credit: @Talverd

This looks really good, but are we getting other pads like SLC-05/06 and SLC-36A/B?

5 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

This looks really good, but are we getting other pads like SLC-05/06 and SLC-36A/B?

All of those are in here! 

5 hours ago, kerbalboi said:

so how did that shot with a saturn IB work, adjustable vab doors?  and how did you get a move able mobile launcher

Used vessel mover to put it next to the VAB, if you click above the panelling the doors will open

@TruthfulGnome Thank you for the upgrade. It looks great, and the install seems easier than it used to be.

I found problems launching planes. Are these bugs or installation errors?

• The KSC Runway spawn point seems to be underneath the VAB.
    • On launch my plane tried to relocate itself to the VAB roof, some parts exploded.
    • Workaround: Deploy plane from one of the KK helipads. I used Hyperedit to get to the runway because there's no collider to drive on from the helipad to runway. The lack of collider is understandable and I'm not really asking about that, just noting it.
    • Ground scatter appears on the runway. Can that be stopped without turning off all scatter in-game?
  • Spawning at runways 09 and 27 put me on or next to mountains in California, not easy to takeoff in such situations.
  • Update: I just realized there's no collider beneath my shuttle runway, either. The old dev version of this mod used to have a collider there so I'm not sure whether it was removed for technical reasons, or if it indicates some sort of installation issue.

This album shows some of my problems https://imgur.com/a/ZXySOW9

Edited by DeadJohn

18 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

@TruthfulGnome Thank you for the upgrade. It looks great, and the install seems easier than it used to be.

I found problems launching planes. Are these bugs or installation errors?

• The KSC Runway spawn point seems to be underneath the VAB.
    • On launch my plane tried to relocate itself to the VAB roof, some parts exploded.
    • Workaround: Deploy plane from one of the KK helipads. I used Hyperedit to get to the runway because there's no collider to drive on from the helipad to runway. The lack of collider is understandable and I'm not really asking about that, just noting it.
    • Ground scatter appears on the runway. Can that be stopped without turning off all scatter in-game?
  • Spawning at runways 09 and 27 put me on or next to mountains in California, not easy to takeoff in such situations.

This album shows the problems https://imgur.com/a/ZXySOW9

Thanks for telling me thing I will try to fix this when I have the time 

10 minutes ago, kerbalboi said:

does anyone know a fix?, not using ksc switcher, and no new instances folder in the kk folder

This is from the old thread: "re-copying all 10 config files in GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\instances from this patch and restarting KSP restored the ground decal for me." Read the post linked below for details.

This new release has more than 10 config files and they are spread in 3 folders but the same concept that worked before might apply. Look for cfg files that were modified after you installed the mod, restore them, delete your MM cache, restart the game.

3 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

This is from the old thread:

huh, am I misunderstanding what this mod is?

It says this is a fork. That means it's all of the Katniss files, plus TruthfulGnome's changes. So we shouldn't be installing this over top of the original Katniss version any more, right?

Looking at the Katniss folder "earthConfig" and this mod's "Patches" folder ... they contain pretty much the same patches, so it seems like you wouldn't want to have both.

Unless it's Confused Thursday, which is always possible.

5 hours ago, kerbalboi said:

the cape is sinking into the water, pads are fine but everything is just gone

static

Not static it can be found in the description of this video 

56 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

It says this is a fork. That means it's all of the Katniss files, plus TruthfulGnome's changes. So we shouldn't be installing this over top of the original Katniss version any more, right?

Looking at the Katniss folder "earthConfig" and this mod's "Patches" folder ... they contain pretty much the same patches, so it seems like you wouldn't want to have both.

No replacing files anymore, just a straight download and install

7 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I just returned to KSRSS after a year away. Here's how I remember things: The old dev version of this mod (within that thread I linked) was just a set of patches to rescale to 2.5x from 10x. It required prior installation of Katniss' original 10x files.

The new release version in this thread merges things into a single install. It's still a set of TruthfulGnome patches on top of Katniss original files, but they are bundled together into a single install.

My old post linked above might still be relevant to the problem of the map decal vanishing and showing way too much water around KSC. During gameplay KK or something else may be modifying files and breaking the decal config.

16 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

This is from the old thread: "re-copying all 10 config files in GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\instances from this patch and restarting KSP restored the ground decal for me." Read the post linked below for details.

This new release has more than 10 config files and they are spread in 3 folders but the same concept that worked before might apply. Look for cfg files that were modified after you installed the mod, restore them, delete your MM cache, restart the game.

is there another way to fix this? because it happens like every three boot up's for me

1 hour ago, Arthurism said:

is there another way to fix this? because it happens like every three boot up's for me

I haven't looked further because it stopped happening to me. I suppose you could try making the affected files read-only, but that might trigger a new game crash when the flawed process (whatever it is) tries updating them.

2 hours ago, Arthurism said:

Is this only when on the KSC overview screen, but normal everywhere else?  There was a mod that caused that bug at one point...  harmless mostly harmless.

Edited by Death Engineering