KatnisssCapeCanaveral for KSRSS v1.0

TruthfulGnome

So, I see Pads and VAB not showing up: https://i.imgur.com/KOlrU42.png
KSP: 1.12.5.3190

• Dependencies in Gamedata:
    • Tundra Space Center: Check
    • Kerbal-Kontsructs: Check 
    • KSRSS Reborn: Check ( Not sure on Version Number )
    • OSSNTR: Check
    • Aurora Space Center: Check

Also. Question:

Does the Retro Folder itself go into Instances or does the Configs within Retro Folder go into Instances? 

16 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Also. Question:

Does the Retro Folder itself go into Instances or does the Configs within Retro Folder go into Instances? 

Retro goes into the gamedata

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, Adam-Kerman said:

Also. Question:

Having the same issue. All the textures are there but no buildings or functional launchpads. 

All dependencies are installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue. Everything is installed and for the Retro folder, I copied it inside as a folder into the Game data folder, as a folder into the instances, and as each individual file into the instances folder. The thing won't work no matter what I do.

On 2/12/2023 at 7:27 PM, Swaswe said:

Having the same issue. All the textures are there but no buildings or functional launchpads. 

All dependencies are installed.

Got it, I installed Custom Barn Kit and redownloaded KSRSS from Gitlab (NOT Github) and I got it working

On 6/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, TruthfulGnome said:

Thanks for telling me thing I will try to fix this when I have the time 

Any update on the runway collider? I have also noticed that half the time I load up into KSP the ground texture is not there and it's just the buildings and pads, and the other half it all loads in fine. What am I doing wrong so I can prevent myself from having to keep loading up the game each time to fix it? Thanks

On 3/6/2023 at 4:59 PM, Adventures said:

Got it, I installed Custom Barn Kit and redownloaded KSRSS from Gitlab (NOT Github) and I got it working

Was probably the correct download location that fixed this. Even though I know it's listed as a current dependency, I don't have CBK and the Cape works fine for me. 

edit: typos, like usual.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

4 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Any update on the runway collider? I have also noticed that half the time I load up into KSP the ground texture is not there and it's just the buildings and pads, and the other half it all loads in fine. What am I doing wrong so I can prevent myself from having to keep loading up the game each time to fix it? Thanks

There is an actual runway now, do you have KSRSS from GitLab? and do you have any other KK instances mods?

5 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

There is an actual runway now, do you have KSRSS from GitLab? and do you have any other KK instances mods?

Good to know, I downloaded it from GitLab, and as far as I am aware the only KK instance mod I have is the STS Location mod. I am guessing I should try removing the STS location mod? Thanks!

Jim Kerman

16 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Good to know, I downloaded it from GitLab, and as far as I am aware the only KK instance mod I have is the STS Location mod. I am guessing I should try removing the STS location mod? Thanks!

Jim Kerman

Either remove it or edit the instances configs in STS Locations from 'Earth' -> 'Kerbin'

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Either remove it or edit the instances configs in STS Locations from 'Earth' -> 'Kerbin'

1 hour ago, EndAllFilms said:

Any possible Final update for the KSRSS KCC?

Alright I gave it a shot and no fortune, It's just the satellite imagery of the runway no hitbox, I also checked Kerbal Konstruts and it does not appear to show the Shuttle runway as an option just the default KSC runway.  I have put here a log and a screenshot in case that helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzxa218t1ewas1y/Player.zip?dl=0 

E43T7nx.png

Edited by Jim123

3 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Alright I gave it a shot and no fortune, It's just the satellite imagery of the runway no hitbox, I also checked Kerbal Konstruts and it does not appear to show the Shuttle runway as an option just the default KSC runway.  I have put here a log and a screenshot in case that helps

E43T7nx.png

Are you downloading from the master branch or the release version. The master branch is the correct one

2 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Are you downloading from the master branch or the release version. The master branch is the correct one

I believe so I went here to this link clicked the download icon and download it as a Zip file and pasted it into my install. 

https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/megapack

Edited by Jim123

6 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

You need the reborn branch. https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/reborn

Got it all downloaded and working, however, the new problem now is that while I have the textures and there are no buildings, however after reading some previous posts it seems as if adding Custom Barn Kit fixes the issue. Assuming that fixes the issue (at the time of writing this I am loading up the game)  my other question is regarding the Old KSC and New KSC. I looked around in the files and was unable to find either an Old KSC or a new KSC for the retro and modern, is this feature removed or am I having a severe case of operator error? Thank you for the help also on the KSRSS Reborn branch I thought I was using it the entire time only to find out I was not. Also thank you for taking time out of your day to help me with these install issues I really do appreciate it a lot!

Jim Kerman

21 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

Got it all downloaded and working, however, the new problem now is that while I have the textures and there are no buildings, however after reading some previous posts it seems as if adding Custom Barn Kit fixes the issue. Assuming that fixes the issue (at the time of writing this I am loading up the game)  my other question is regarding the Old KSC and New KSC. I looked around in the files and was unable to find either an Old KSC or a new KSC for the retro and modern, is this feature removed or am I having a severe case of operator error? Thank you for the help also on the KSRSS Reborn branch I thought I was using it the entire time only to find out I was not. Also thank you for taking time out of your day to help me with these install issues I really do appreciate it a lot!

Jim Kerman

To update used the Custom Barn kit mod and that did not fix the issue, here is a screenshot of my gamedata folder Incase I am missing something.

image.png

On 3/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, Jim123 said:

E43T7nx.png

That was weird when you mentioned me

On 3/9/2023 at 9:48 PM, Jim123 said:

To update used the Custom Barn kit mod and that did not fix the issue

As someone else with a lot of mods, and who doesn't have a problem with this mod (i.e. it works fine for me), I can give you a (potentially unhelpful) opinion: solar system comes first in a modded install. Meaning, set up the solar system without any other mods present. You're trying to add something into a heavily modded install, and it's not working, so clearly there's a conflict somewhere. You most likely won't find it going backwards. When I set up new installs, it's solar system first, then visuals, then QoL , then parts. In this case, you'd just start with KSRSS and what it requires, and then add in this one. It would be good to prove to yourself it works on your system. The nice thing about KSP mods, you don't need to delete anything - just grab everything "else" and drag it to a temp folder.

Also, two things I most definitely do not have: "modulemanagerwatchdog" and B9Config.cfg sitting in the root of GameData (no idea what that file is, but how could it belong there?)

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

As someone else with a lot of mods, and who doesn't have a problem with this mod (i.e. it works fine for me), I can give you a (potentially unhelpful) opinion: solar system comes first in a modded install. Meaning, set up the solar system without any other mods present. You're trying to add something into a heavily modded install, and it's not working, so clearly there's a conflict somewhere. You most likely won't find it going backwards. When I set up new installs, it's solar system first, then visuals, then QoL , then parts. In this case, you'd just start with KSRSS and what it requires, and then add in this one. It would be good to prove to yourself it works on your system. The nice thing about KSP mods, you don't need to delete anything - just grab everything "else" and drag it to a temp folder.

Also, two things I most definitely do not have: "modulemanagerwatchdog" and B9Config.cfg sitting in the root of GameData (no idea what that file is, but how could it belong there?)

The module manager watch dog is something from tweak scale and the B9config is something Tyler raiz made for me a long time ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, TruthfulGnome said:

Katniss'sCapeCanaveral for KSRSS 

This is a fork to @Katniss218's amazing Cape Canaveral mod massive thanks to them for allowing me to release this!
Link to original mod:  [1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Everything in this belongs to them! do not thank me for anything 

This adds the Cape and all of it's pads to the KSRSS system at the right scale
Not Compatible with KSC Extended, rogers Cape Kanaveral, or any other KK Mod.

220200_20220531231749_1.png

Download
Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS: Katniss's Cape Canaveral for KSRSS Reborn (github.com)

Dependencies:
Tundra Space Center
Kerbal-Konstructs
KSRSS Reborn
OSSNTR
Aurora Space Center

Recommended:
Modular Launch Pads

Variants:

Retro: 60s - 90s era of Cape Canaveral

Modern: 2010s - 2020s era of Cape Canaveral (Not Finished)

unknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.png
unknown.png
Pics credit: @Talverd

What mod for that mobile launcher? It doesn't look like the Modular launch pads one.