Jump to content

NeistAir Reupdated - updated by KerbMario (1.12.x)


 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

License: CC-BY-NC-SA, see license.txt in folder NeistAir

UPDATE P9.0 is finally brought out! Check SpaceDock link for further info + download

Now B9PartSwitch is a dependency (but also bundled in the mod zip!)

 

today, i took my time, and updated some stuff on the NeistAir Mod, made by neistridlar, and here we are - i am uploading my first reupdated version.

Original NeistAir Thread:

4yIhMl5.png

 

 

 

Changelogs:

Spoiler

P9.0 - 19th of June 2022 (KerbMario)

- Proper Lighting Support for all Cabins 
- Put some Tweakscale MODULES into MMPatches
- added PartList.txt, for CommunityTechTree support in the future (or other things ;) )
- added a new Variant of the CF6 engine, which is lighter and therefore more efficient(Titanium and Composite Blades)
- various other stuff
- B9PartSwitch is now a dependency, but also bundled (blowfish is credited)



P8.1 - 13th of June 2022 (KerbMario) --- H O T F I X ---

- added license.txt, featuring the CC-BY-NC-SA license.

 

P8 - 5th of June 2022 (KerbMario)
- added SimpleFuelSwitch Support for all Fuel Tanks
- added FilterExtensions as bundled (for now, i will hopefully find a workaround that doesn't need FilterExtensions bundled :P)
- added FilterExtensions Support
- fixed some Parts and their Tweakscale configs
- renamed 31-37AD to 37-50AD, as it was named wrongfully 
- added a custom animation to 25PC, i thought it was better (also i now know how animation works in Blender :D)
 

P7 - 3rd of June 2022 (KerbMario)
- added Tweakscale support for all parts
- fixed most part names.
- made some part descriptions better.
- Added EngineIgnitor Support to the 2 Engines.

all the following were made by neistridlar, previously


P6 - 9th of September 2020 (neistridlar)
- Fixed flipped nodes on TCS parts


P5 - 29th of March 2020 (neistridlar)
- B73 cockpit added
- 12NCS-B73 added
- CS22 cockpit added
- 12NCS-CS22 added
- A38 cockpit added
- 18NCS-A38 added
- 50PC added
- 37-50AD Added
- Adapters now have proper textures
- Some IVAs have been populated with props.
- Possibly other stuff

P4 - 29th of August 2018 (neistridlar)
- Added more cargo bays
- Added more doors
- Added CF6 sounds by Eskandre
- Improved some textures

P3 - 13th of August 2018 (neistridlar)
- Added CF6 Engine
- Added a CF6 version without variants for Backwards compability

P2 - 30th of July 2018 (neistridlar)
- Now requiring KSP 1.4.x for Nosecones and TCS Tail pieces.

P1 - 29th of May 2018 (neistridlar)
-First Prerelease
-Made for Testing the modular wings.

 

 

 

All Parts in the mod currently:

Spoiler

1.875m CRJ Series Cockpit

1.875m Antonov An-24 Cockpit

1.875m Douglas DC-3 Cockpit

1.875m Passenger cabin 1+2 configuration

1.875m Passenger door

1.875m Tail cone 

0.625m 2 nose cones

1.25m 6 nose cones

Conformal tanks for 1.875m, 2.5m, 3.125m and 3.75m

2.5m Boeing 767/777 cockpit with adapters to 3.125m and 3.75m

2.5m Douglas DC-8/9 cockpit

2.5m Passenger cabin 2+2 configuration

3.125m Airbus A350 Cockpit with adapter for 3.75m

3.125m Douglas DC-10/11 Cockpit with adapter for 3.75m

3.125m Passenger cabin 3+3 configuration

3.75m Passenger cabin 2+3+2 configuration

1.875m CF6 engine with under wing pylon

0.9375m CF34 engine with side mount and under wing mount pylons

Modular Airliner wings

Modular Tail cone system

(list from old thread, as nothing changed)

 

 

 

DOWNLOAD:
SPACEDOCK:

https://spacedock.info/mod/3034/NeistAir Reupdated

Edited by kerbmario
update p9 is out!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, doctorbai said:

Wow, that's great. Thank you for your efforts. Could you update the cockpit of the Il-76? It's a good idea:D

what exactly do you mean? By updating? What is missing from it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, doctorbai said:

Wow If this comes true, I will be too happy to sleep. Thank you:D

 

i have two ways:

I learn blender (as i am not the OG creator, its neistridlar created it including 3d models)

 

or i ask neistridlar

 

I will probably learn blender somewhen

 

Edited by kerbmario
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kerbmario said:

i have two ways:

I learn blender (as i am not the OG creator, its neistridlar created it including 3d models)

 

or i ask neistridlar

 

I will probably learn blender somewhen

 

Wow, thank you and look forward to your works supporting you forever:heart_eyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doctorbai said:

Wow, thank you and look forward to your works supporting you forever:heart_eyes:

I would not be in a rush for this as @kerbmario was just nice enough to update an existing mod. I have looked at the Il-76 cockpit and even for an experienced 3d modeler, it would not be a simple cockpit to create.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kerbmario said:

如果它如此复杂,我会首先创建一个更简单的驾驶舱 - 建议?@ColdJ @doctorbai!

:D

10 hours ago, kerbmario said:

if its so complicated, i would first create a simpler cockpit - Suggestions? @ColdJ @doctorbai!

It is true that there are many glass windows in the cockpit of the Il-76, which may increase the manufacturing difficulty. However, you can refer to the A-50 early warning aircraft. It does not have many windows, which may reduce the manufacturing difficulty. Of course, I would be very happy to see the F-15 cockpit too, and I would like to donate money to you hhhhhh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kerbmario said:

if its so complicated, i would first create a simpler cockpit - Suggestions? @ColdJ @doctorbai!

Curved shapes take alot of work to get right in blender, then there is the adding of the windows, Curved shapes use far more vertices and you have to compensate for the vertice limit per mesh section that the Unity engine has.

Have you any experience using blender?

If yes, have you used the .mu plugin for blender?

If no to these 2 then you need to start very simple and learn bit by bit how things work until you feel confident with creating a complex model that matches the scales used by KSP. Then there is the internal model to go with it.

Let me know your experience level and I can see about linking you to posts that can help to get you started.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Curved shapes take alot of work to get right in blender, then there is the adding of the windows, Curved shapes use far more vertices and you have to compensate for the vertice limit per mesh section that the Unity engine has.

Have you any experience using blender?

If yes, have you used the .mu plugin for blender?

If no to these 2 then you need to start very simple and learn bit by bit how things work until you feel confident with creating a complex model that matches the scales used by KSP. Then there is the internal model to go with it.

Let me know your experience level and I can see about linking you to posts that can help to get you started.

 

i have some blender experience.....

creating and scaling cubes/cylinders 

I dont even know how to connect 2 meshes (i wanted to do that for a part)

Also i kinda know animations as i created a new animation for the door part 25PD!

 

 

yes, i used the mu export plugin....

but i just edited imported mu parts and export worked

 

at like creating cube, exporting it or such never worked

i also need to get used to MU export plugin more.

 

 

but i do have quite good sketchup skills which wont help

(sketchup exports "circles" with like 24-edges)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@kerbmario

Ok the link above can help with some things, it is far from answering every question but will help with some.

I am also going to PM you with something that might help.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ColdJ said:

@kerbmario

Ok the link above can help with some things, it is far from answering every question but will help with some.

I am also going to PM you with something that might help.

 

Very very very cool!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently downloaded this and I'm liking the parts.

I'd like to point out that in the 50PC.cfg file in Passengercabins, the TweakScale node has the line "defaultScale = 5.0" twice.  I only mention it because Tweakscale had a hissy-fit about double definitions and issued an end of the world warning about my save games. 

I removed one of the two lines and Tweakscale regained its composure.

I'm at 183 mods, so Tweakscale may well be  kinda leary about running in my environment.  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Padrone said:

Recently downloaded this and I'm liking the parts.

I'd like to point out that in the 50PC.cfg file in Passengercabins, the TweakScale node has the line "defaultScale = 5.0" twice.  I only mention it because Tweakscale had a hissy-fit about double definitions and issued an end of the world warning about my save games. 

I removed one of the two lines and Tweakscale regained its composure.

I'm at 183 mods, so Tweakscale may well be  kinda leary about running in my environment.  ;)

Alright! Will be fixing this bug!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

i have just created a discord server for my ksp modding.

everyone who wants to join, PM me (i wont post it here, otherwise maybe spammers and such join the server)

in the server i post daily progress reports. ( @doctorbai you might find this interesting

Edited by kerbmario
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, kerbmario said:

am i allowed to use some of these patches to be included in the mod?

Yes. That patches are GPLv2. Since neist is CC-BY-SA, you can mix them. But you will talk to SpaceDock and CKAN guys about how to declare the licensing terms of the thing (I remember something about selecting the most restrictive license or something)

— — POST EDIT — — 

Whoops, nope! The license is CC-BY-NC-SA , so it's incompatible with GPL! So you can't copy the files as they are into your add'on.

However… A simple patch like defining a scale type and a defaultScale is hardly "copyrightable", it would like trying to copyright two simple lines of code that does some basic action - and there's no other way to accomplish that anyway.

So, pain in the SAS legalese put aside, you can keep doing things like you are doing now and, if by some bad of luck someone complains about, pinpoint this post where the author of that damned thing (TweakScale Companion for NAP - Neistridlar Airplane Parts) is stating that you can create your own patches for your own parts, and since your parts have the same size and names that the ones I used, it's unavoidable that the "code" would be similar. :)

 

Edited by Lisias
Needed correction.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, kerbmario said:

i have just created a discord server for my ksp modding.

everyone who wants to join, PM me (i wont post it here, otherwise maybe spammers and such join the server)

in the server i post daily progress reports. ( @doctorbai you might find this interesting

wow 太酷了 我想加入 非常荣幸
 

Wow, that's cool. I'd like to join. It's a great honor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi!

I want to make a suggestion. I noticed that you renamed two parts, 74MTS and 58MTS, to 74MST and 58MST.

This is usually a bad idea because anyone using a previous release of the add'on will be unable to load their savegames and crafts because of this change.

So I suggest you add the following patch to the distribution:

+PART[58MST]
{
	@name = 58MTS
	%category = none
}

+PART[74MST]
{
	@name = 74MTS
	%category = none
}

This will create a hidden copy of the parts using the older names, allowing people with ongoing savegames (not to mention crafts being imported from Kerbal-X) to keep going. New crafts will be created using the new names, so it's a win-win situation.

Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2022 at 7:18 AM, Lisias said:

Hi!

I want to make a suggestion. I noticed that you renamed two parts, 74MTS and 58MTS, to 74MST and 58MST.

This is usually a bad idea because anyone using a previous release of the add'on will be unable to load their savegames and crafts because of this change.

So I suggest you add the following patch to the distribution:

+PART[58MST]
{
	@name = 58MTS
	%category = none
}

+PART[74MST]
{
	@name = 74MTS
	%category = none
}

This will create a hidden copy of the parts using the older names, allowing people with ongoing savegames (not to mention crafts being imported from Kerbal-X) to keep going. New crafts will be created using the new names, so it's a win-win situation.

Cheers!

would it be the same case with 31-37AD, which i renamed to 37-50AD?

+PART[37-50AD]
{
	@name = 31-37AD
	%category = none
}

 

Edited by kerbmario
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kerbmario said:

would it the same case with 31-37AD, which i renamed to 37-50AD?

+PART[37-50AD]
{
	@name = 31-37AD
	%category = none
}

 

Totally missed this one…. Anyway, the rule of thumb is - if you ever published a Full Release (Pre Releases doesn't counts, it's expected to have things changing on it) and renamed a part on a later one, it's best for the users to do something like this.

Having parts vanishing from the GameData is surely a way to break your faithful users (the ones that are using the add'on since long time), not to mention crafts from Kerbal-X - it's pretty disappointing to download a nice craft from Kerbal-X just to be not allowed to load it because a part was removed from the distribution.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Hit Save too soon.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...