NeistAir Reupdated - updated by KerbMario (1.12.x)

kerbmario

LczuonL.png

9 hours ago, kerbmario said:

Create a NeistAir folder in GameData and extract the content form the zip file into there.

Thank you it works now:)) i have an issue to report. Dont want to bother u, im an asset creator myself and it can get annoying when ppl keep requesting stuff. Anyways. is it normal for the kerbals to be oriented upwards in the passenger cabins? https://imgur.com/gallery/I5RtHki

Edited by Rattana

1 hour ago, Rattana said:

LczuonL.png

Thank you it works now:)) i have an issue to report. Dont want to bother u, im an asset creator myself and it can get annoying when ppl keep requesting stuff. Anyways. is it normal for the kerbals to be oriented upwards in the passenger cabins? https://imgur.com/gallery/I5RtHki

huh never noticed that, will try to fix in the next update

• 1 month later...

sorry, it's me again.

main wing segments still odd when it comes to decals, also one of the tail adapters seem to have a weird texture (IDK if that's even the right word) problem. here are some images

wing segments: https://imgur.com/a/YfAzUln (don't mind the highlighting on the last image. just hoping to see a stock-alike variant that removes the red/yellow)

tail adapter : https://imgur.com/a/HOKP7Ij (thanks for fixing those other adapters, BTW, just one remaining. also weird node farther back)

lastly, sorry if this is too demanding/bossy

Edited by Kerbal410

9 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

sorry, it's me again.

main wing segments still odd when it comes to decals, also one of the tail adapters seem to have a weird texture (IDK if that's even the right word) problem. here are some images

wing segments: https://imgur.com/a/YfAzUln (don't mind the highlighting on the last image. just hoping to see a stock-alike variant that removes the red/yellow)

tail adapter : https://imgur.com/a/HOKP7Ij (thanks for fixing those other adapters, BTW, just one remaining. also weird node farther back)

lastly, sorry if this is too demanding/bossy

The main wing has a placeholder texture until I am good enough to make a good texture. The tail adapters have a bug that I already fixed and it will be in the next update as a bugfix.

ok, thanks. by the way, this is just being maintained, right? I have a bunch of thoughts for airliner parts, but I don't know where to ask. is airplane plus still being added to? or is there some other mod much like this mod and airplane plus?

Edited by Kerbal410

10 minutes ago, Kerbal410 said:

ok, thanks. by the way, this is just being maintained, right? I have a bunch of thoughts for airliner parts, but I don't know where to ask. is airplane plus still being added to? or is there some other mod much like this mod and airplane plus?

maintained and sometimes updated. I'll add some new parts/features along the way (sometimes)
I don't think AirpanePlus will get many new parts, last update was in November and it already has lots of parts :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 8:18 PM, Kerbal410 said:

Jusk tell us these ideas, I may implement them in the future! :)

Saab 1073/baby 747 cockpit with passenger nose door, Aurora D8 double-bubble cockpit and fuselage parts, a Boeing sonic cruiser cockpit and a Boeing 757 catfish-style cockpit.

10576-3ca4ebfc6771dc1b3279c853b67db0bc.jpgAurora_D8-300x191.jpgth?id=OIP.MNSBHYZ69_fqi9jAOJPALwHaFm&pid=Api&P=0th?id=OIP.MzNvcL3sW1yluIEqP6kO7wHaFd&pid=Api&P=0

Edited by Kerbal410

On 3/7/2023 at 12:33 AM, Kerbal410 said:

Saab 1073/baby 747 cockpit with passenger nose door, Aurora D8 double-bubble cockpit and fuselage parts, a Boeing sonic cruiser cockpit and a Boeing 757 catfish-style cockpit.

10576-3ca4ebfc6771dc1b3279c853b67db0bc.jpgAurora_D8-300x191.jpgth?id=OIP.MNSBHYZ69_fqi9jAOJPALwHaFm&pid=Api&P=0th?id=OIP.MzNvcL3sW1yluIEqP6kO7wHaFd&pid=Api&P=0

You mean the front fins on the 757? Can you also tell me the aircraft registration of that? 

On 3/8/2023 at 10:18 PM, kerbmario said:

You mean the front fins on the 757? Can you also tell me the aircraft registration of that? 

that nose was what I was talking about. I can't seem to find a mod with a nose like that. the fins should be easy to replicate, not so much for the hump or adapter they are on.

N757A is the registration for that particular 757-200. in reality, it was used as a testbed for the F-22, and it's really a shame that it wasn't a passenger variant. 

here's an aerial view:

26809_1483486609.jpg

Edited by Kerbal410

On 3/11/2023 at 4:35 AM, Kerbal410 said:

that nose was what I was talking about. I can't seem to find a mod with a nose like that. the fins should be easy to replicate, not so much for the hump or adapter they are on.

N757A is the registration for that particular 757-200. in reality, it was used as a testbed for the F-22, and it's really a shame that it wasn't a passenger variant. 

here's an aerial view:

26809_1483486609.jpg

You mean like a nose attachment of the F-22ish nose? 

yeah. I mean, I guess so. I'm just looking for a F-22 style nose with chines, not the thing beneath it in front of the landing gear if that's what you meant, kind of weird asking this in a mod about airliner parts.

Edited by Kerbal410

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thank you for maintaining this mod!

Small question: do you know why when one tries to edit one of the cockpits' IVA with Unity, props will be completely out of place in-game?

I can share you some screenshots if needed.

58 minutes ago, Hippodingo said:

Small question: do you know why when one tries to edit one of the cockpits' IVA with Unity, props will be completely out of place in-game?

No, as I didn't create the IVAs, you may ask @neistridlar, the original creator

1 hour ago, Hippodingo said:

From what I figured out, there is some black magic going on with the coordinate systems. If every coordinate system is lined up the right way it works as expected. As for Neist Air I started off on the wrong foot so to speak, and figured out a workaround, which I can't quite remember any more, but I think I put the IVA props in an empty that was turned 180 degrees to correct my error or something like that.

31 minutes ago, Hippodingo said:

Ok, I'll try to rotate the space then! Thank you @neistridlar. :)

For IVAs, *generally*, I see you want root object at 0,0,0 rotation. Then an empty child right below it, for the rotation. Try -90° on X, 180 on Y.
You want it oriented in relation to the external, so the front points out the *bottom* of the exterior part (thats the -90 on X)... then rotate Y 180, which should spin it lengthwise, so the IVA is now upside down in relation to the exterior part. IIRC, this is also using X/*Z*/Y cood system.

On 3/11/2023 at 4:35 AM, Kerbal410 said:

here's an aerial view:

26809_1483486609.jpg

You know, I'm not a good 3D modeler like @neistridlarbut I think doing it in sketchup might be easier for me, it'll then be available in the structure section I think. I think that will be released in an extra folder called NeistAirExtra where stufd like this'll go

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for working on this!

I'm trying to get the animations for the 125vectorjet engine working correctly. Unless i'm mistaken, it looks to be the same engine that can be found in BD's YouTube from 8yrs ago. Seems I'm a little late to the party lol. If it loads into the game under its current directory location (parts/utility/passengercabins/18pc/bahasp/parts/125vectorjet/part), there are no effects or sounds.

I tried taking it (the entire BahaSP folder from Neistair)  and putting it  on its' own under game data - It then has sounds, particle effects, and thrust vector animation, but looking at the cfg. and from BD's video, it appears that there should be a throttle position/nozzle open close animation as well. If i try to also install the bahasp plugin, the engine doesn't show up in game. 

Is there something I'm missing? I haven't been able to find anything else on the part, or the part for that matter, and it's pretty sweet lol. I'm not asking anyone to do anything, i'm just hoping someone knows what I'm missing. 

16 minutes ago, KlunkWorks said:

Thanks for working on this!

I'm trying to get the animations for the 125vectorjet engine working correctly. Unless i'm mistaken, it looks to be the same engine that can be found in BD's YouTube from 8yrs ago. Seems I'm a little late to the party lol. If it loads into the game under its current directory location (parts/utility/passengercabins/18pc/bahasp/parts/125vectorjet/part), there are no effects or sounds.

I tried taking it (the entire BahaSP folder from Neistair)  and putting it  on its' own under game data - It then has sounds, particle effects, and thrust vector animation, but looking at the cfg. and from BD's video, it appears that there should be a throttle position/nozzle open close animation as well. If i try to also install the bahasp plugin, the engine doesn't show up in game. 

Is there something I'm missing? I haven't been able to find anything else on the part, or the part for that matter, and it's pretty sweet lol. I'm not asking anyone to do anything, i'm just hoping someone knows what I'm missing. 

Problem solved: inserted the following module into the part.cfg

MODULE
    {
        name = FXModuleAnimateThrottle
        animationName = vjthrust2
        responseSpeed = 0.05
        layer = 1
        dependOnEngineState = True
        dependOnThrottle = True
        weightOnOperational = True
    }

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.