KSP keeps crashing when I try to play it on Steam

hey

the best way to solve your problems is t not play on steam. Find the local files on your computer, copy them into a different folder outside of the steam folder. Steam can be a pain and cause weird crashes.

If you still want to play on steam, we will need your logs.

thanks

10 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

here are the mods I'm using https://imgur.com/a/eK42K3X#

Without seeing any logs, I am going to guess that you've added/removed mods by hand over time, and probably haven't properly cleaned out the directory, and there is probably a lot of cruft left around.

As mentioned earlier, best not to play from Steam, but if you are going to, then you should totally delete ALL files from the KSP directory and then reinstall it, followed by reinstalling your mods

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 11:36 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Without seeing any logs, I am going to guess that you've added/removed mods by hand over time, and probably haven't properly cleaned out the directory, and there is probably a lot of cruft left around.

As mentioned earlier, best not to play from Steam, but if you are going to, then you should totally delete ALL files from the KSP directory and then reinstall it, followed by reinstalling your mods

here is my KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zkd30fbbu0s51e/KSP.log?dl=0

8 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

Ummm, all I can say at first glance is:  Huh??

You have 165 mod DLLs, in total at least 182 mods installed.

I'd like to see the Player.log, if possible, the KSP.log shows somewhat different information.

From what I can tell, you are running on an i9-10900, 64g of memory and an RTX 3070.  So that pretty much rules out memory or any other system limitation.

The glaring thing I see is that you obviously didn't install any mods using CKAN, I found the following error:

[ERR 00:19:39.975] [AddonLoader]: Exception iterating assemblies: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'StationScience.StationExperiment:Log' (3) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'KSP_Log, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:KSP_Log, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

System.TypeLoadException: Invalid type StationScience.StationExperiment for instance field StationScience.StationExperiment+<UpdateStatus>c__Iterator0:$this

for multiple mods.

This tells me you are missing a dependency, which CKAN would have installed for you.

Specifically, you need to install the SpaceTuxLibrary

Hopefully this will fix your problems.  I do strongly suggest that you stop using the Steam directory, AND start using the CKAN mod manager, both will make your life easier

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.