KSA IVA Upgrade (Adopted) [some stock parts, BDB Apollo, SOCK]

JonnyOThan

This is a continuation of @RangeMachine's awesome set of IVAs.  I've paid special attention to the mk1pod IVA - the others are less fleshed out but still might provide a nice alternative if you want to try something new.

Parts supported:

• Stock Mk1 Pod
  • Stock Mk1 Cockpit
  • Stock Mk1 Inline Cockpit
  • Stock Mk2 Inline Cockpit (FreeIva recommended)
  • Stock Mk1 Lander Can
  • Stock Mk2 Lander Can (FreeIva recommended)
  • Making History KV1 Pod
  • ProbeControlRoom
  • BDB Apollo LM & CM
  • SOCK Shuttle Cockpit (FreeIva required)

Download & Source Code: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/KSA-IVA-Upgrade/releasesCKAN is recommended.
License: CC-BY-SA
Dependencies:
RasterPropMonitor
ASET Props Consolidated
ASET Avionics Consolidated
ModuleManager
FreeIva (Required for SOCK, also for swivel seat in Mk2Inline cockpit)

If you have DE_IVAExtension installed or any other mod that adds IVAs for stock pods, I highly recommend installing Reviva to allow you to switch between IVAs for the same parts.  For other recommended mods for IVA playing, see the RasterPropMonitor thread.

Mk1Pod:

MkfyOsO.png

Mk1Cockpit:

WI5GkKB.png

Mk1InlineCockpit:
kaCb1lt.png

Mk1LanderCan:
WTfkAAx.png

KV1 Reentry Module (thanks @SingABrightSong)
UZNsnyQ.png

BDB Apollo CM:

W7QShn5.png

BDB Apollo LM:

BPEJ4uL.png

Mk2LanderCan:
rBBXtWl.png

Mk2Inline:
229170699-752644ed-58a5-47b9-b943-0070b9dadc0e.png

SOCK orbiter:
229167030-ad488706-57aa-44cc-90c8-1b4e12ddac4e.png

Original Thread:

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic, was looking for an update of this mod quite a while without the need to manipulate some xml files. Thanks a lot.

Would it be possible to get such a nice mod for all the other stock pods and cockpits too?

2 hours ago, Morphin said:

Would it be possible to get such a nice mod for all the other stock pods and cockpits too?

Eventually, perhaps.  I’m currently working on a VR mod and I needed to more or less build an IVA from scratch to make sure it had all the features necessary (de_iva is great and all, but they don’t have thrust limiters, recovery buttons, etc).  My development time is mostly going to that mod, but I’ll probably eventually be upgrading at least some of the other stock pods.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @JonnyOThan,

thx for the great work! :) Just installed v 1.6.1 in a fresh KSP 1.12.3 and enabled the old MK1Podv1 and just installed KSA IVA Upgrades + dependencies via CKAN but the IVA is broken in the old MK1 pod, because the kebal somehow sits totally wrong in it (upright on the launchpad).
But I think the new MK1 pod v2 is great, too. So there is maybe no sense in enabling the old MK1 pod v1... so not really important, I think, but I still wanted to report it at least. Maybe you directly know what causes it and it's an easy fix. If not, also not a problem.

BR
JebsSY

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ! nice work on the MK1 command pod :D

But is there any way to clear the node from the pod ? I don't find any way to do :/

[Bug report ] Also, I have find a bug in my game, it's when I use the little orange radio when I click to make Chatterer play. There is 2 kind of issues, when I'm landing on the pad, it's gonna stop the mission, and when I'm into the space it just not able to play Chatterer.

Edited by Hannil

50 minutes ago, Hannil said:

Hello ! nice work on the MK1 command pod :D

But is there any way to clear the node from the pod ? I don't find any way to do :/

[Bug report ] Also, I have find a bug in my game, it's when I use the little orange radio when I click to make Chatterer play. There is 2 kind of issues, when I'm landing on the pad, it's gonna stop the mission, and when I'm into the space it just not able to play Chatterer.

Yeah, I need to add a clear node button in there.  The next version of RPM will have an option in the menus to clear the node from the target menu as well.

The orange radio prop isn't for chatterer.  That's the "recover vessel" button and it sounds like it's functioning normally.

19 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yeah, I need to add a clear node button in there.  The next version of RPM will have an option in the menus to clear the node from the target menu as well.

The orange radio prop isn't for chatterer.  That's the "recover vessel" button and it sounds like it's functioning normally.

Alright thank you for these details ^-^ yeah clear node buttom will be a must have :D

Got it for radio prop, my bad.

I have notice something else, it's when I'm using FreeIVA mod, so not your, but it only happens when I'm go out and back on the seat of the MK-1 command pod of your mod. After back to the seat, the camera is kinda behind in the X axis. Here is a screen to show. 

6 hours ago, Hannil said:

I have notice something else, it's when I'm using FreeIVA mod, so not your, but it only happens when I'm go out and back on the seat of the MK-1 command pod of your mod. After back to the seat, the camera is kinda behind in the X axis

Yeah, probably want to report this on the FreeIVA github.  I'll eventually be helping out with that one I think.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Hannil said:

Hello ! Thank you for new release :)

I'm wondering, is it possible to customize custom action group HUD's name in a config file ?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you can put lines in your vessels' craft file description like

ag1=Stir O2

and it'll show up on the buttons/labels/whatever

20 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you can put lines in your vessels' craft file description like

ag1=Stir O2

and it'll show up on the buttons/labels/whatever

Sorry for my approximative English (not native).

I would like to change the button text, like if I write something to change AG1 to something else, like "engine 1" or anything else. Or maybe if it's possible to change "C1 custom" to "engine 1", but I'm not sure for this.

So, I've just tried to text ag1=Stir 02 in the description to try, but it doesn't change anything, I don't see "Stir 02" on the buttons' label, I don't know how the vessel's craft description works exactly.

EDIT : it works now, I had to use uppercase in description "AG1=xxx" not "ag1=xxx" to make it work.

Thank you ! :D

Edited by Hannil

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, zerberr said:

Is it possible to swap yaw and roll controls in MK1 plane cockpit? it's "rocket" scheme now, pretty much impossible to use as a plane. Otherwise it's the best cockpit out there..

Are you referring to KerbalVR?  Because otherwise the mapping of the stick wouldn't matter...

You can click the thumbstick while grabbing the flightstick to swap the roll/yaw mapping.  Yes it's annoying that you'll have to do this each time you enter the cockpit, but the default configuration is set on the prop...I'll have to take a look at this again eventually.

10 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Are you referring to KerbalVR?  Because otherwise the mapping of the stick wouldn't matter...

You can click the thumbstick while grabbing the flightstick to swap the roll/yaw mapping.  Yes it's annoying that you'll have to do this each time you enter the cockpit, but the default configuration is set on the prop...I'll have to take a look at this again eventually.

Thanks! Not that annoying actually, definitely beats re-learning :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 1.6.5 is out, with brand new IVAs for the SOCK shuttle and the stock Mk2 Inline Cockpit!

Notable Changes

• Added support for SOCK orbiter cockpit
  • Added support for Mk2 Inline Cockpit
  • Fixed some issues with Reviva and PCR

Both new cockpits feature swivel seats and a dedicated docking interface.