[1.12.5]KIU Chinese Pack

mark7

I've come across an issue where this mod is using "FOR[RemoteTech]" in it's RT compat patch, instead of "NEEDS[RemoteTech]". This is causing ModuleManager to think RT is installed even when it isn't, causing other mods to apply *their* RT patches, breaking the other mod's antennas lol

Easy fix, just need to change the patches in NCAP/Compatibility/RemoteTech/Tianwen-1 to use "NEEDS[RemoteTech]" instead of "FOR[RemoteTech]"

3 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I've come across an issue where this mod is using "FOR[RemoteTech]" in it's RT compat patch, instead of "NEEDS[RemoteTech]". This is causing ModuleManager to think RT is installed even when it isn't, causing other mods to apply *their* RT patches, breaking the other mod's antennas lol

Easy fix, just need to change the patches in NCAP/Compatibility/RemoteTech/Tianwen-1 to use "NEEDS[RemoteTech]" instead of "FOR[RemoteTech]"

Thank you for your feedback! And we will fix it up.

Hi, I think KCLV has the wrong files in the KIU/Common/Extra folder. It contains KCHS_RealScalePatch, which is also in KCHS (but belongs there).

cCMftm5.png

Side note, it's kind of weird to put files specific to one mod inside a folder called "Common", which suggests it would be common to all of these mods.

EDIT: I guess it's just that there are a few extra files, since KCLV_RealScalePatch.cfg is still there.

Edited by HebaruSan

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, I think KCLV has the wrong files in the KIU/Common/Extra folder. It contains KCHS_RealScalePatch, which is also in KCHS (but belongs there).

cCMftm5.png

Side note, it's kind of weird to put files specific to one mod inside a folder called "Common", which suggests it would be common to all of these mods.

EDIT: I guess it's just that there are a few extra files, since KCLV_RealScalePatch.cfg is still there.

Thank you for your reminding. We will fix this problem as soon as possible

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 9:27 AM, Maverick_Pi said:

The maximum temperature that Shenzhou manned spacecraft can withstand in RSS and RO environment is only 1037K, which makes me unable to successfully re-enter the atmosphere.

We have noticed this problem and will fix it in a later version. Thank you for your feedback!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, when I was using the "Mengtian" working module developed by your team, I found a bug in the RCS spout. When rolling, only one side of the RCS spout worked, resulting in unbalanced operation and affecting the play experience.I hope you can notice this problem and improve it in the future.

18 hours ago, Maverick_Pi said:

Hello, when I was using the "Mengtian" working module developed by your team, I found a bug in the RCS spout. When rolling, only one side of the RCS spout worked, resulting in unbalanced operation and affecting the play experience.I hope you can notice this problem and improve it in the future.

Yes, we have noticed this problem, I think we will fix and update it soon!

Hi - there's an issue with a couple of your laboratory parts. You can see this issue in the VAB. If you open the debug window to the log page, then grab either of the "working compartment" parts, and add it to your craft, and then right click on the lab part, you will see a flood of nullref exceptions. The same will happen in the flight scene.

The issue is with the "containerModuleIndex" property of the ModuleScienceLab nodes. This value must be the index of the module that is of type ModuleScienceContainer. In your files, the ModuleScienceContainer node is the second MODULE node, and therefore the 0 in containerModuleIndex points to the wrong node, and KSP freaks out if you try to show the PAW from a lab that has this error.

I've confirmed that on my system, if you move the ModuleScienceContainer node to be the first MODULE declaration in the file, it works correctly. 

太喜欢你们的mod了,我已经完成了中国空间站的一期建设,太开心了!!!不过现在有一个小问题和一个小建议:

1.为什么我没找到长征七号火箭助推器的分离器,而且好像用别的分离器没办法正确的安装助推器,导致我现在助推器分离不了。。。所以长征七号的助推分离器在游戏里叫什么呢?还是说我助推器安装的方式有问题?

2.很期待你们能出嫦娥系列的月球探测器^_^

[Translation]

I like your mod so much, I have completed the first phase of the construction of the Chinese space station, so happy! ! ! But now there is a small problem and a small suggestion:

1. Why I couldn't find the separator for the booster of the Long March 7 rocket, and it seems that I can't install the booster correctly with other separators, so I can't separate the booster now. . . So what is the boost separator of the Long March 7 called in the game? Or is there something wrong with the way I installed the booster?

2. I am looking forward to your launch of the Chang'e series of lunar probes^_^

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

Oh! I nearly forgot that!  When I assembled the Zhurong rover, I found that the front an rear cantilevers could only be used on the left side of the rover, but the corresponding right cantilevers were not found. I wonder if I didn't find them?

9 hours ago, Z.MuRong said:

太喜欢你们的mod了,我已经完成了中国空间站的一期建设,太开心了!!!不过现在有一个小问题和一个小建议:

1.为什么我没找到长征七号火箭助推器的分离器,而且好像用别的分离器没办法正确的安装助推器,导致我现在助推器分离不了。。。所以长征七号的助推分离器在游戏里叫什么呢?还是说我助推器安装的方式有问题?

2.很期待你们能出嫦娥系列的月球探测器^_^

[Translation]

I like your mod so much, I have completed the first phase of the construction of the Chinese space station, so happy! !! But now there is a small problem and a small suggestion:

1. Why I couldn't find the separator for the booster of the Long March 7 rocket, and it seems that I can't install the booster correctly with other separators, so I can't separate the booster now. . . So what is the boost separator of the Long March 7 called in the game? Or is there something wrong with the way I installed the booster?

2. I am looking forward to your launch of the Change series of lunar probes^_^

First, the separator of cz7 does not exist in this mod yet, we will soon update our new model of cz7, and the separator will be updated. You can use the separator of the game.

Second, You can switch between different themes of Zhurong’s cantilever.

Third, we will update Chang’e in the future, please stay informed with us!

12 hours ago, OldCopper said:

First, the separator of cz7 does not exist in this mod yet, we will soon update our new model of cz7, and the separator will be updated. You can use the separator of the game.

Second, You can switch between different themes of Zhurong’s cantilever.

Third, we will update Chang’e in the future, please stay informed with us!

OK. I got it!

On 12/2/2022 at 11:32 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hi - there's an issue with a couple of your laboratory parts. You can see this issue in the VAB. If you open the debug window to the log page, then grab either of the "working compartment" parts, and add it to your craft, and then right click on the lab part, you will see a flood of nullref exceptions. The same will happen in the flight scene.

The issue is with the "containerModuleIndex" property of the ModuleScienceLab nodes. This value must be the index of the module that is of type ModuleScienceContainer. In your files, the ModuleScienceContainer node is the second MODULE node, and therefore the 0 in containerModuleIndex points to the wrong node, and KSP freaks out if you try to show the PAW from a lab that has this error.

I've confirmed that on my system, if you move the ModuleScienceContainer node to be the first MODULE declaration in the file, it works correctly. 

I have confirmed on my system as well, it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the feedback!

你好,神舟飞船和祝融号的隔热底是在rss+ro里不能用吗?我用deadly reentry自带的的隔热底就没问题。我看deadly reentry烧蚀剂在燃烧时变成了其他东西,KIU模组自带的隔热底里面没有那个进度条。

Hello, can't heatshield of Shenzhou Spacecraft and Zhurong be used inRSS+RO? I have no problem using the heatshield that comes with the Deadly Reentry. I saw that the ablation of Deadly Reentry became something else when burning, and there was no progress bar in the heatshield of KIU mod.

Edited by Tian Wen
附上英文翻译

7 minutes ago, Tian Wen said:

你好,神舟飞船和祝融号的隔热底是在rss+ro里不能用吗?我用deadly reentry自带的的隔热底就没问题。我看deadly reentry烧蚀剂在燃烧时变成了其他东西,KIU模组自带的隔热底里面没有那个进度条。

Spoiler

Hello, is the insulation bottom of Shenzhou spacecraft and Zhu Rong not available in rss+ro?  I have no problem with the insulated bottom that comes with deadly reentry.  I see that the deadly reentry ablator turns into something else when it burns, and there is no progress bar in the insulation bottom of the KIU module.

Welcome to the forums @Tian Wen!   Please include an English translation to any posts outside the International Sub forum.  Thanks!   

欢迎来到论坛@田文! 请在国际分论坛之外的任何帖子中附上英文翻译。 谢谢!

32 minutes ago, Tian Wen said:

Hello, can't heatshield of Shenzhou Spacecraft and Zhurong be used inRSS+RO? I have no problem using the heatshield that comes with the Deadly Reentry. I saw that the ablation of Deadly Reentry became something else when burning, and there was no progress bar in the heatshield of KIU mod.

在看了在看了,我自己不用RO,所以可能要花点时间定位解决

We are looking into that problem. Personally I do not use RO so it might take a while to fix.

17 minutes ago, DDG175 said:

What an epic work. don't know if ur team still need any volunteers. I'm a software engr and I can do some modeling using Blender, as well as scripting and texturing(not good at).

Surely we could use some help~However, our team are all Chinese and are communicating on Chinese SNS. If you are interested in this project, please DM me and we can discuss how we can collaborate on this!

I've encountered an issue, none of the parts appear in the VAB. I'm not sure if I installed it incorrectly, as I only installed the launch vehicles and human spaceflight packs. I will reinstall it to see if I made a mistake somewhere along the way. The only 2 parts that appear are the parachutes, but they are completely broken. 

2 hours ago, LoltheVI said:

I've encountered an issue, none of the parts appear in the VAB. I'm not sure if I installed it incorrectly, as I only installed the launch vehicles and human spaceflight packs. I will reinstall it to see if I made a mistake somewhere along the way. The only 2 parts that appear are the parachutes, but they are completely broken. 

Got it fixed, reinstalled it all and it works fine now, I installed it wrong it seems

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if there is anyone else experiencing an issue with the Shenzhou Descent Module flipping to prograde during reentry? It happens every reentry and im not sure why, this issue did not exist when it was still ICSP/NCAP and im not sure what was changed to cause this

• 2 weeks later...

我发现了一点问题。神舟轨道舱、神舟用的热盾、长征2F的载荷支架(我不确定是否还有其他部件)这几个部件的“禁用/启用分级控制”有点bug。我将这个选项改为禁用之后,他们仍然显示在分级中,但在实际操作中禁用是起效的,拍空格不会让它们分离

I found some small problems on the orbital module and the heatshield of Shenzhou spacecraft, and the load support of CZ-2F (I'm not sure if other parts are included). A option of these parts "Enable/Disable control in stages" doesn't work well, when I turn it into "Disable", these parts still show in stages. But it actually works in missions, press the space bar won't make them separate.

(Sorry for my poor English. I don't know some English words in game, so I looked them up on the Internet and translators.)

On 1/1/2023 at 1:59 AM, LoltheVI said:

Just wondering if there is anyone else experiencing an issue with the Shenzhou Descent Module flipping to prograde during reentry? It happens every reentry and im not sure why, this issue did not exist when it was still ICSP/NCAP and im not sure what was changed to cause this

Our team is unable to replicate the issue you have mentioned. Could you please give a detailed step-by-step description of how you encountered this problem?

On 1/16/2023 at 12:25 AM, Ahaha233 said:

我发现了一点问题。神舟轨道舱、神舟用的热盾、长征2F的载荷支架(我不确定是否还有其他部件)这几个部件的“禁用/启用分级控制”有点bug。我将这个选项改为禁用之后,他们仍然显示在分级中,但在实际操作中禁用是起效的,拍空格不会让它们分离

I found some small problems on the orbital module and the heatshield of Shenzhou spacecraft, and the load support of CZ-2F (I'm not sure if other parts are included). A option of these parts "Enable/Disable control in stages" doesn't work well, when I turn it into "Disable", these parts still show in stages. But it actually works in missions, press the space bar won't make them separate.

(Sorry for my poor English. I don't know some English words in game, so I looked them up on the Internet and translators.)

这个问题我们确实也遇到了,不过我们也不知道怎么解决,考虑到暂时不影响游戏,就只能先这么放着了。

We can confirm this problem. However, attemps of fixing it proves to be unsuccessful. Considering the fact that it did not affect the gameplay too much, we are going to leave it as what it is.