Interest in planet packs?

WolfyDoo

Hello there. After around 5 or 6 years I am back into Kerbal Space Program. Now after some very short research, and please please correct me if I'm wrong, I only found OPM to be the only main big planet pack for KSP 1.12, still? I wonder if there is any interest in new planet packs since I'm working on something nice right now. My only previous work is Kerbiting System with around 10k+ downloads but I have high goals for this new planet pack and that is all I'm saying right now. Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, ApertureGaming said:

Hello there. After around 5 or 6 years I am back into Kerbal Space Program. Now after some very short research, and please please correct me if I'm wrong, I only found OPM to be the only main big planet pack for KSP 1.12, still? I wonder if there is any interest in new planet packs since I'm working on something nice right now. My only previous work is Kerbiting System with around 10k+ downloads but I have high goals for this new planet pack and that is all I'm saying right now. Thank you in advance.

Ummm, JNSQ, New Horizons both work well, and I believe that GPP is being worked on

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, JNSQ, New Horizons both work well, and I believe that GPP is being worked on

I didn't know about JSNQ, looks very very cool! For New Horizons I can only find a 1.3 version, does that work then? 

4 hours ago, WolfyDoo said:

Have you found the fork yet? I would love to check New Horizons out but can't find it.

Here:

Let me know if you need help downloading it, it's only a github repo for now

Here is an unofficial release based off of @coyotesfrontier' & @Lisias's  work 

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/New_Horizons/releases/download/2.0.1.1/New_Horizons-1.12.0-2.0.1.1.zip

Edited by linuxgurugamer

There are quite a few large planet packs out there. If you tell CKAN to consider everything from KSP 1.10 and later as compatible, then search for "tag:planet-pack", then sort by the Installed column and shift-click to secondary sort by the Download column, there are a few dozen such mods larger than the arbitrary cutoff of 25 MiB (more if you go smaller or include mods for pre-1.10 versions which may still work, obviously):

Spoiler

aNxIgLB.png

2phuU9E.png

35 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

There are quite a few large planet packs out there. If you tell CKAN to consider everything from KSP 1.10 and later as compatible, then search for "tag:planet-pack", then sort by the Installed column and shift-click to secondary sort by the Download column, there are a few dozen such mods larger than the arbitrary cutoff of 25 MiB (more if you go smaller or include mods for pre-1.10 versions which may still work, obviously):

Reveal hidden contents

aNxIgLB.png

2phuU9E.png

I have decided to start a playthrough with JNSQ, however when installing Scatterer Eve, Jool and more planets/moons are completely dark on the bright side where the sun shines on. This seems like a bug and I don't know what it is. Can't find anything on the forum either. Anybody familiar with this?

17 minutes ago, WolfyDoo said:

I have decided to start a playthrough with JNSQ, however when installing Scatterer Eve, Jool and more planets/moons are completely dark on the bright side where the sun shines on. This seems like a bug and I don't know what it is. Can't find anything on the forum either. Anybody familiar with this?

Yup, the v0.08* releases of Scatterer are not compatible with older releases, so they don't work with the planet packs that already had Scatterer configs. Try downgrading to Scatterer v0.0772.

(The JNSQ authors would need to update JNSQ's metanetkan for CKAN to reflect this.)

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Yup, the v0.08* releases of Scatterer are not compatible with older releases, so they don't work with the planet packs that already had Scatterer configs. Try downgrading to Scatterer v0.0772.

(The JNSQ authors would need to update JNSQ's metanetkan for CKAN to reflect this.)

Thank you for the information. I'm trying to find specific mods that work well with JNSQ. Are there any recommendations besides the forum thread of JNSQ? Do mods like TAC Life Support make JNSQ extra fun or are they even compatible?

Edited by WolfyDoo

On 6/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, WolfyDoo said:

I'm trying to find specific mods that work well with JNSQ.

I have personally found that Grannus Expansion Pack and Explodium Breathing Engines both work really well with JNSQ, and fit right into JNSQ's theme of preserving realism without disrupting the gameplay.

(If you use both, they won't interfere with each other, but they won't interact either. However, adding support between them isn't particularly difficult.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.