Cost of ksp2

40 minutes ago, DefinitelyAstophisicist said:

Does anyone know how much ksp2 will cost cause I need to know whether or not I will be in extreme debt after I get it.

$60 dollars for the base game. I think we have confirmation that there will be no micro transactions, but DLC has been intentionally left on the table, so expect to pay for DLC as part of your costs

the amount of debt will likely more depend on the hardware required. Given the looming crypto crash and the direction the chip market is moving a 2023 launch looks better and better with the day.

Hardware prices are indeed coming down (most GPUs are back to MSRP or very close to it, and the used ones are below MSRP where they belong), and yeah the main game is gonna be $60 USD.

EDIT: Now I don't know your financial situation, but for myself personally, $60 is not a large outlay considering that most games with all DLC included cost around double that or more, and that's before micro-transactions.

Myself I already have a computer that should be able to handle KSP 2 quite well (built most of it in 2019 right before the Covid thing happened, so prices were mostly sane back then too).
The GPU I did have to get during the pandemic, and I payed far too much for it, probably from a scalper or someone who was opportunistically pricing their existing inventory (but at least I didn't have to jump thru the flaming hoops of the "newegg shuffle" or some other lottery system to get it, so if I did buy it from a scalper that's fine by me, I'll gladly pay quite a lot more to not have to deal with that bull excrement).

Edited by SciMan