Jump to content

[1.11+] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit Repainted [v1.2]


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

KSP-1.12.3-green
Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit REPAINTED

screenshot511.png
screenshot514.png
unknown.png

 

DOWNLOADS:
SPACEDOCK
GITHUB | GITHUB DEV

 

What does this mod do?
SOCKrepainted adds more texture switches to benjee10's Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit. Textures such as:

  • Tiled cockpit, payload bay, elevons, and rudder (Columbia & Challenger)
  • Toasted texture to match Discovery's STS-133 appearance (by lemon cup)
  • Aft fuselage with no black tile blobs (Early Columbia & Challenger)

Do I need any other mods?
The dependencies of this mod are:

What version of KSP is this mod for?
This mod was created for KSP 1.12.3 but it should have the same compatibility as SOCKrecolored.

Recommended Mods:
Here are some mods I recommend for playing KSP in general:

Special Thanks to:

Edited by Arthurism
Update to v1.2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

42 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Rather nice!

rather splendid bloody mod if do say so myself lads... *sips tea cup*

Edited by TheLoneOne
removed the evil R that tried to ruin this comment
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

SOCKrepainted v1.1 is now released!
https://github.com/Arthurism/SOCKrepainted/releases/tag/v1.1-release
https://spacedock.info/mod/3053/SOCKrepainted

Changes:

  • Added "Toasted Discovery" texture by @lemon cup (Thank you so much!).
  • Added Challenger-style rudders.
  • Re-textured SOCKrecolored's Columbia and SILTS rudder variant.

Here are some photos (Discovery ones taken by @AmateurAstronaut1969)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Arthurism
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks great! Would you eventually consider adding more minute changes that the orbiters had? Examples would be Challenger's unique hatch pattern, Discovery's teardrop, or the tile patterns early orbiters had on their OMS pods and elevons:

https://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Space-Shuttle-External-Markings.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Looks great! Would you eventually consider adding more minute changes that the orbiters had? Examples would be Challenger's unique hatch pattern, Discovery's teardrop, or the tile patterns early orbiters had on their OMS pods and elevons:

https://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Space-Shuttle-External-Markings.pdf

I'm currently working on the elevons and is planning to do the OMS pods. I could probably also do Challenger's hatch later on. But I haven't figured out how to make DIscovery's teardrop since the left/right texture of the part is the same (with one mirrored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Arthurism said:

I'm currently working on the elevons and is planning to do the OMS pods. I could probably also do Challenger's hatch later on. But I haven't figured out how to make DIscovery's teardrop since the left/right texture of the part is the same (with one mirrored.

Not the best solution but you could make a flag and we can put that over the right area

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 1:12 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

Looks great! Would you eventually consider adding more minute changes that the orbiters had? Examples would be Challenger's unique hatch pattern, Discovery's teardrop, or the tile patterns early orbiters had on their OMS pods and elevons:

https://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Space-Shuttle-External-Markings.pdf

Heheheh it's done (the elevons and OMS pods)

You can download them in the main branch https://github.com/Arthurism/SOCKrepainted
unknown.png

unknown.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MATVEICH_YT said:

Very great! And together with the mod that I'm currently developing it will look even better : )

KSP_x64_iN026I87Zd.png

pogchamp-twitch-own3d.pngpog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MATVEICH_YT said:

Very great! And together with the mod that I'm currently developing it will look even better : )

KSP_x64_iN026I87Zd.png

IUS ADAPTER IUS ADAPTER

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How will this work? do you dock to it, load it in the VAB, what do the animations and spinning look like? is it a action group or a stage? looks AWESOME 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Lucky21 said:

How will this work? do you dock to it, load it in the VAB, what do the animations and spinning look like? is it a action group or a stage? looks AWESOME 

I was just thinking about that, particularly the spinning bit, so I looked it up and I hate to correct but (I'm pretty sure) due to the IUS already having an attitude control system, the stage was not spun up before deployment, unlike the Payload Assist Motor (PAM).

1:32 in the video below:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MATVEICH_YT said:

Very great! And together with the mod that I'm currently developing it will look even better : )

KSP_x64_iN026I87Zd.png

I, for one, am totally enjoying this renaissance of SOCK submods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...