Lego Thread!

Kerb24

I have recently put my lego, with the exception of some organized stuff in drawers, and a custom space layout, and a Saturn V, into a drawer, since I have been starting to focus my efforts on building things that can't be easily accomplished with lego, like electrolyser... This just gave me a very, very dumb idea. :D Fortunately I like dumb ideas.

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
Forgot the layout.

I will post some pictures of the Lego cranes I have been working on very soon, but for now I guess I will just post these, if that's alright (The material handler in one of the videos has been dismantled and reassembled into a crawler crane I am building now) Sorry I don't have anything space-related to show you.

Just now, StrandedonEarth said:

As long as the kids can't get to them. Such a pain getting them back together again from crates of mixed parts. Speaking from experience...

In my case, the kid's not the problem.  She has her own Legos (including a Saturn V that's in.... not great shape at the moment)

It's the cats.  The HST has already been deorbited once.

3 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I hope you managed to get it without getting scalped on ebay. (Saw listings for $1400 USD+ on launch day)

I thankfully was able to get it directly from Lego.

I don't have pictures at the moment, but on and off over the past 4 years I've been working on this RC lego car MOC with a 4 speed transmission. Trying, failing, trying again, it's been over 300 dollars spent and over 15 failed attempts. I guess it was this incredibly persistent spirit I had that made me enjoy KSP so much - with the same trying and trying again to get to a glorious success. It's taken me way too long, my parents say I should move on from lego, but I'm just gonna keep on trying again and again.

In terms of space related sets, I have some SLS-like thing, an old space shuttle, the big Saturn V, and a few old star wars sets.

Edited by SkyFall2489

Ive used lego since i was a child back in the 80’s. But to name a few sets I have: Saturn V, 2 Apollo Lunar Landers (one I lost parts to after finishing the landing descent stage that gets left on the Lunar surface. Long story on the loss of parts) and a complete still in box one, Shuttle Discovery, ISS. I have more sets, tons of UCS Star Wars sets but wanted to just name my NASA sets :D 

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably the best thing I've built- Very proud of how compact it is, and the fact that it's fully RC with an onboard compressor and everything

I haven't been building as much because I use the floor to build, but I have to clear it out to practice my cello... maybe I should try sweeping the stuff aside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...