Earth orbit mission ideas?

I need I need mission ideas or as I call them "Commercial contracts" for my ksrss save and would like ideas! These could be commercial, or military. It'll be featured in later parts of The polaris program as I begin regular LEO missions.

Edited by Rutabaga22

On 7/13/2022 at 2:44 AM, Watermel00n said:

Orbital Deterrent: Launch a BD armoury nuke into orbit in an orbit so that it can hit any location.

I have deleted that save, but I will build your Idea on my new save when I get the chance.

Maybe something like a (commercial) space station, with a contract objective to launch a new ship (station) into orbit, in two or more launches and have 5 tourists visit it? I don't really understand if you're looking for contracts, ideas for sandbox, or something else entirely

On 7/18/2022 at 8:27 AM, Thundrevv said:

Maybe something like a (commercial) space station, with a contract objective to launch a new ship (station) into orbit, in two or more launches and have 5 tourists visit it? I don't really understand if you're looking for contracts, ideas for sandbox, or something else entirely

I'm looking for mission suggestions for my ksrss series. I am calling them commercial contracts.

Good evening! (At least, it's evening at the time of writing)

After careful consideration, the Board of Directors of the Acorn Aeronautics space and aircraft group would like you to complete a commercial contract on behalf of our company.

We would like you to build a large space station in mid Earth orbit capable of deploying smaller asteroid mining craft to fuel both of our companies' endeavors. It has to be able to carry a minimum of 5 10t asteroid mining craft, each with enough Delta V to escape Earth orbit and have plenty to spare to perform course corrections to intercept light to medium asteroids. The design of the craft that it is equipped with is down to you. For a bonus in your paycheck, you can choose to build this station in a position where it can easily get a Moon intercept, as this would serve in our best interests. Another bonus would be getting the space station to be capable of housing at least 5 tourists for extra income!

We will pay for 20% of all costs relative to the mission.

We will pay you 6 million credits for the space station meeting minimum requirements, an extra 1 million for each bonus. If the contract is not finished 15 years from now, 1 million credits will be subtracted for every 6 months delay. We will use the asteroid mining craft ourselves, but you will receive 25% of all profits generated.

We very much hope you shall be interested and hope to hear your reply soon.

Yours,

Chairman of Acorn Aeronautics, Second Hand Rocket Science