Truncated service bays & taller truncated fuel tanks

I think a fairly large gap in KSP's parts is the lack of truncated (meaning they get thinner along their length) service bays.  They would open up a lot of new possibilities for spacecraft that have to ascend through an atmosphere.  I would also love taller truncated fuel tanks, although this is mainly so I could build rockets shaped like the N1.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:14 PM, Ember12 said:

I think a fairly large gap in KSP's parts is the lack of truncated (meaning they get thinner along their length) service bays.  They would open up a lot of new possibilities for spacecraft that have to ascend through an atmosphere.  I would also love taller truncated fuel tanks, although this is mainly so I could build rockets shaped like the N1.

Do you mean truncated cone shaped? Total agreement.  If every structural adapter had a "service bay" variant I'd be fairly happy with just that.  The big wish is animated procedural service bays

Edited by darthgently

I tend to make all sorts of shapes with fairings, then clipping whatever could reasonably fit inside them - fuel tanks or service bay. You pretty much have whatever shape part you want that way! It would be nice to see more parts like that though