[1.12.x] [Breaking Ground] Shuttle Payload Delivery Systems [3.0]

MATVEICH_YT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Centaur G/II/III adapter only allows me to rotate it fully after I decouple the Centaur from it, and this just ends up flinging the Centaur. Is this supposed to be happening, or is there a way to get the adapter to rotate before separating?

37 minutes ago, SynFuZe said:

The Centaur G/II/III adapter only allows me to rotate it fully after I decouple the Centaur from it, and this just ends up flinging the Centaur. Is this supposed to be happening, or is there a way to get the adapter to rotate before separating?

Welcome to the forums. It rotates for me while the centaur is still on it (I have other issues but not that one). Afaik, the Autostrut setting on robotic parts can cause them to appear frozen. If you're using autostrut, try just changing whatever the value is when you're in flight before you try to use it, and see if that frees up the movement.  

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Welcome to the forums. It rotates for me while the centaur is still on it (I have other issues but not that one). Afaik, the Autostrut setting on robotic parts can cause them to appear frozen. If you're using autostrut, try just changing whatever the value is when you're in flight before you try to use it, and see if that frees up the movement.  

It's not that, I've fiddled with the Auto Strut features and rigid attachment options and that doesn't seem to change anything. When I start to move the target to 90 and slowly move the motor torque slider from 0 to higher values the adapter rotates up by like a half a degree and then slows down and doesn't move any more. it's really strange.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 7:51 AM, SynFuZe said:

This mod adds payload deployment systems for the BDB Centaurs and IUS'

My point is, one could theoretically use it for anything that fits, rather than having the limitation of CKAN automatically installing BDB when this was installed. BDB should probably be a recommended mod rather than a dependency.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, SynFuZe said:

Same issue here myself no autostruting either.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:09 PM, Kurld said:

What's the scoop on  BDB being a dependency?   I love me some BDB but installing that entire thing is just too much for casual play.

A little bit late but...

Centaure and IUS are from BDB so without BDB the mod makes little sense.
If you don`t need everything of BDB, you can delete some part-folders.

LOL, yeah after I installed this I realized what was meant.   I did use the pallet from this for my mission to install PMA-2 and the Z1 truss.  I think there might be a version of them in SOCK now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too have the problem that the rotating adapters don't work. From what I can tell, the robotic part wants to rotate but anything attached to it stays stationary.

Could Kerbal Joint Reinforcement cause this? Since someone said, that Autostrut prevents the structure from moving.

• 7 months later...