Jeb got stuck on the moon, how do I save him? This is my first Mun mission.

RandomGrape

So I tried 20 times and I finally landed on the Mun. Jeb got out and planted a flag, but I switched craft to change something, accidentally pressed the button, and accidentally switched back, and the other 2 (employed staff not veteran Kerbals) flew away and crashed. How do I rescue him? Image:https://imgur.com/a/utlHqQP

First of all: CONGRATULATIONS!!

Now it seems you have your first Munar Rescue Mission to look forward to.  Exactly the same except you'll need to make a pinpoint landing this next time (within walking distance, any way).  Unless...

Unless you have a quicksave that predates the mishap.  Even if it's in orbit before the landing: practice makes perfect.

Finally, some good news.  leave Jebediah (oh no) there as long you like until you're ready to come back for him.  He'll wait patiently.

Well done!!

Just now, Hotel26 said:

First of all: CONGRATULATIONS!!

Now it seems you have your first Munar Rescue Mission to look forward to.  Exactly the same except you'll need to make a pinpoint landing this next time (within walking distance, any way).  Unless...

Unless you have a quicksave that predates the mishap.  Even if it's in orbit before the landing: practice makes perfect.

Finally, some good news.  leave Jebediah (oh no) there as long you like until you're ready to come back for him.  He'll wait patiently.

Well done!!

Yes, I am know colonising the Mun, I can only figure out how to make a landing... I am bad at getting back.

• 3 weeks later...

Send a rocket with a probe and an empty crew cabin and try to land as close as possible to jeb (but don't crash into him) and let jeb walk towards the vessel. you can hold left shift to run, or use RCS jetpack. These things can help you go faster.

Hello!,

As mentioned before, a good way would be to build an automated rescue vehicle, that's basically a rocket, capable of landing on the Mun, with an empty cabin and a core probe...

For an easy and safe landing on the Mun, I would recommend to get in low orbit (10k above moon sea level) with the proper inclination so that your orbit pass just above the landing spot... When close to your target landing spot, plan to kill all the horizontal (orbital) velocity when flying above the stranded Kerbal... That way your automated rescue vehicle will fall almost vertically near your stranded Kerbal... And you can easily control the slowing down for the landing :) ... I would recommend to have about 700m/s of DV for the landing and another 700m/s for the take off to low orbit...

Hope you find this useful, and have fun rescuing Kerbals!