is there a mod that makes almost all the planets habitable?

tilliepops

41 minutes ago, tilliepops said:

im just wondering if a mod like this exist because i would love to see it.

What do you mean?  It's not like there are colonies, etc. In the stock game?  And other than for aerobraking, flying, etc., atmosphere doesn't affect the game

1 hour ago, tilliepops said:

i just think i would be a cool mod @linuxgurugamer

Cool how?  What would it do for the game?

Also, define "habitable".  there is already at least one mod which adds an atmosphere to all planets, would be easy enough to make that an O2 atmosphere.  Other than allowing an airbreathing plane and aerobraking, it doesn't do much else

Edit:  The mod I was thinking of was Optional Atmospheres, it's not been updated for many years, I've started the process I go through to adopt it.  

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The mod I was thinking of was Optional Atmospheres, it's not been updated for many years, I've started the process I go through to adopt it.  

@linuxgurugamer ok that mod does sound cool but i just want to know if a mod that makes a habitable star syteam or changes the stock syteam  exsists because i think i would be fun for me

Edited by tilliepops

7 hours ago, tilliepops said:

@linuxgurugamer ok that mod does sound cool but i just want to know if a mod that makes a habitable star syteam or changes the stock syteam  exsists because i think i would be fun for me

There are a few, but again, what do you mean by "habitable"?

This one may be of interest for you:

• 2 weeks later...

@tilliepops Habitability can be quite subjective. How generous you can rate a planet depends on how you approach it and with what mods (what tech level your in-game agency is at) and how sensitive you are to the lore of a planet (when its description says it's full of poisonous or explosive gas, or it's a lava world etc). Habitability is far more than just "Can I take helmets off and use the stock jets here?"

(This is basically how it goes @linuxgurugamer so you know.)

It also consists of: Atmosphere pressure; Atmosphere toxicity; Surface gravity; Ambient temperature. Your tech level affects your tolerance for these.

Since you're willing to use mods to make planets habitable I'd like to presume you can be convinced to use nuclear jet engines if you like planes, and the superior cryogenic or atomic rockets for rocketry on the whole. You'll far more easily find good mods for these than a mod for modifying planets.

Spoiler

If you absolutely insist otherwise, then you can try this actual mod for 100+ Kerbin-like worlds. You'll have to abandon the visual mods though, as the configs are very broken due to how far back the mod goes:

On 7/24/2022 at 7:21 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@tilliepops Habitability can be quite subjective. How generous you can rate a planet depends on how you approach it and with what mods (what tech level your in-game agency is at) and how sensitive you are to the lore of a planet (when its description says it's full of poisonous or explosive gas, or it's a lava world etc). Habitability is far more than just "Can I take helmets off and use the stock jets here?"

(This is basically how it goes @linuxgurugamer so you know.)

It also consists of: Atmosphere pressure; Atmosphere toxicity; Surface gravity; Ambient temperature. Your tech level affects your tolerance for these.

Since you're willing to use mods to make planets habitable I'd like to presume you can be convinced to use nuclear jet engines if you like planes, and the superior cryogenic or atomic rockets for rocketry on the whole. You'll far more easily find good mods for these than a mod for modifying planets.

@JadeOfMaar@linuxgurugamer ok so what mean by habital is has liquid water. im just looking for a planet pack makes almost all the planets (and moons) have liquid water.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.