Odd graphical glitch from Kerbin orbit. (Version 1.12.3 + Scatterer.)

It runs North/South on the opposite side of Kerbin from the KSP, and it disappears when I get close enough. I have tried '-force-d3d11' and '-force-openg', with no effect. Anyone else have this, or is it unique to my installation?

screenshot521-Medium.png

screenshot525-Medium.png

The first image is from V1.12.2 and the second image is from a complete install of V1.12.3. (GOG)

When I deleted *.2, I selected the option to keep my saved games. It also retained my mods (Scatterer 'n such). Would that also retain my broken Kerbin Texture?

If so, how do I extract the required file(s) only,  from the GOG installer? If I do a parallel install, in a different folder, would that reset all the registry entries to the new install and break my 'saved game' install?

Is there a way to manually back-up my progress, then do a clean install, then manually restore my progress, so I don't have to select 'keep saved games'?

Been away for a while.

It turns out that it is indeed a setting in scatterer.  Go into steam->steamapps->common->Kerbal Space Program->GameData->Scatterer->config->Planets->Kerbin.   There you will find atmo.cfg.  Open it and look for "adjustScaledTexture".  Change it from "True" to "False" and save.  This fixed it for me. 

LMxW4FS.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.