A New Kerbal Death Animation

I was wondering if it was possible to add a animation of either the kerbal hitting the ground and splatting (if a kerbal is a gooey substance)or something like a plant growing in the place of were the kerbal impacted the planet(if kerbals are made of plants) and then being affected by the planet's properties.

I wouldn't want to see corpses lying there, but in saves where kerbals don't respawn, it could be nice to have a marker where kerbals died, and a little tree would be a great memorial to the fallen astronaut. 

I like the idea of better animations for kerbal death, but I just don’t think they should be like green parts splattering everywhere, but instead something comical like jimmy mentioned.

Edited by Zozaf Kerman
teepo

44 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

I like the idea of better animations for kerbal death, but I just don’t think they should be like green parts splattering everywhere, but instead something comical like jimmy mentioned.

after thinking about it I think that the green goo idea doesn't really fit in with the game's style

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

What's wrong with the current animation?

Kind of a false dichotomy; I don't find anything wrong with the current animation, but I'd be happy to see a new one and the addition of a (not gory) marker

11 minutes ago, t_v said:
15 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

What's wrong with the current animation?

Kind of a false dichotomy; I don't find anything wrong with the current animation, but I'd be happy to see a new one and the addition of a (not gory) marker

Why does there need to be a new animation? I don't mind having a marker, I never said that is a bad thing. I'm saying the current poof works. It's not gory but the other ideas lack the graphicness of seeing the gray innards of your Kerbal exploding and briefly floating in the air from the impact, which should be perfect in establishing that they're now dead and won't come back. Goop sounds a bit too silly, especially the looney tunes idea which doesn't do much to establish that they're gone now.

I'm just saying that the current death animation is really good, and as the saying goes, don't fix it if it isn't broken.

Edited by Bej Kerman

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

Why does there need to be a new animation? I don't mind having a marker, I never said that is a bad thing. I'm saying the current poof works. It's not gory but it the other ideas lack the graphicness of seeing the gray innards of your Kerbal exploding and briefly floating in the air from the impact, which should be perfect in establishing that they're now dead and won't come back. Goop sounds a bit too silly, especially the looney tunes idea which doesn't do much to establish that they're gone now.

I agree that the ideas presented thus far can detract from the experience, and that the current poof is a pretty good animation to convey the death of a kerbal. That being said, I would still be happy to see an animation of a little flash of flame instead of a poof when a kerbal dies in reentry, or have a non-spherical poof animation that better conveys the immense forces when impacting a surface at hundreds of meters per second, or even a little scorch mark that fades after a moment, to give people time to realize what has happened before the effect fades away. Those kinds of things would be great, although I'd be just as happy with keeping the current animation. 

5 hours ago, t_v said:

I wouldn't want to see corpses lying there, but in saves where kerbals don't respawn, it could be nice to have a marker where kerbals died, and a little tree would be a great memorial to the fallen astronaut. 

In that case the games name should be kerbal terraform program.

10 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

In that case the games name should be kerbal terraform program.

To expand a bit on this idea (which, let's be honest, is not going to be in the game), I would also take this with the other part of this suggestion, 

15 hours ago, tizme0810 said:

and then being affected by the planet's properties.

So, if you imagine that kerbals are a mass of plant-like material, and when they die the rest of their biomass and energy gets used up to form a tree (doesn't have to make too much sense biologically)that tree won't be like the green Kerbin trees everywhere. If I had any art skills I'd illustrate this, but imagine a sort of chalk-white sinuous tree  with very long and slender branches with no leaves that end in large green buds. That would be the tree that I'd envision for the Mun, and I'm not sure if it would be better to do it by category of body or one for each body, but the trees would fit the body.