Judging Interest - Scrub Mission Reporting

MSteele

Since I'm new around here and haven't fully 'read the room' yet as far as the forums go, I figured this place would be okay to ask if anyone would have interest in reading/watching Mission Reports I'd like to start doing for an RP1 career. I'll post them up in the Mission Reports area of course, if I get positive feedback here. Or maybe I'm just more excited than the average player and want to share more than you'd like to have me share LOL!

I've been dabbling with KSP on and off for a few years, but never anything serious or for more than a day or two, then it's off to other things. This time, however, I figured I'd give it one more go - but stick with it for a little longer. I'm relatively familiar with the basics of the game and have installed a few mods, particularly RO/RP1, as I find it more satisfying than a base install.

I've started and re-started a career several times over the last few weeks, sometimes because I need to do IRL stuff and by the time I get back to the game, I've re-thought how I could approach things - like settings, mods, design, research decisions, etc., and other times because I did not like how I was progressing, or some minor detail like the pointiness of that last rocket was irritating. :/

I also tend to do a LOT of reading on tech specs of historical rocket body design concepts.  It usually goes something like, Oh, let me put this fin here... wait... let me look that up... 6 hours goes by and the browser tabs are 50 deep. Those rabbit holes are interesting, but my game stalls.

Regardless, my game has not progressed past sounding rockets in any meaningful way. I know, I know. I can hear the collective groans and tongue clucking. I am enjoying this phase of the game, though! I've made literally 20 iterations of an idea, trying to squeeze every ounce of delta-v and performance from my rockets. Then I start over and do 10-20 more. Again.

Anyway, I'm having a blast and wanted to share a few screenshots and or videos of my latest foray into an RO/RP1 career, and maybe pick up a few tips along the way.

So - would a complete scrub posting in Mission Reports be wasting time, or should I wait?

3 hours ago, MSteele said:

So - would a complete scrub posting in Mission Reports be wasting time, or should I wait?

I think it would be an amazing idea - even if nobody reads it (which is quite unlikely), you'll at least have a place where you have documented your own designs and thought process, like a snapshot in time for you to look back on. I think a really in-depth and detailed report would be very interesting to read, especially how you designed your rockets based off of historical rocket designs. Personally, I think there's a lack of (in-depth) mission reports, so this would be great. If you end up posting it, I'll be looking forward to reading it.

15 minutes ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

I think it would be an amazing idea - even if nobody reads it (which is quite unlikely), you'll at least have a place where you have documented your own designs and thought process, like a snapshot in time for you to look back on. I think a really in-depth and detailed report would be very interesting to read, especially how you designed your rockets based off of historical rocket designs. Personally, I think there's a lack of (in-depth) mission reports, so this would be great. If you end up posting it, I'll be looking forward to reading it.

Oh man... I so excite!
I made (re-purposed) a YouTube channel I found in my bookmarks from long ago, got my screenshot taker in order (I use ShareX btw - beautiful app), and am currently coming up with a mission template I'd like to follow for presenting on the forum.