A few questions about marketing and feature episodes.

Hello! I was wondering about a few things and wanted to know what the community thought.

First off, when might we see the next feature episode to follow up "interstellar travel"? Any educated guesses?

On that note, since the game is coming out early next year, do you think we'll see proper marketing begin soon?

1 hour ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

First off, when might we see the next feature episode to follow up "interstellar travel"? Any educated guesses?

Given their 4-6 month waits between each feature episode, around October would be when we see the next one, if they stick with their current timing. It's possible that we won't see anything until December if they decide to give us a little Christmas treat or something. 

1 hour ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

On that note, since the game is coming out early next year, do you think we'll see proper marketing begin soon?

I would assume marketing would begin in 2023, but it is getting closer and closer, so who knows. All we can do is wait.

Just now, Domonian said:

Given their 4-6 month waits between each feature episode, around October would be when we see the next one

That is probably correct.
According to my prediction post and some others' in the community, it's around October. I am 100% sure there will be one about Multiplayer, but that will probably come near the release, I'd say 1 month before the release. Assuming they will release the game Late Q1 (March 2023) then we may see another feature video that isn't about Multiplayer. I don't think it will be a follow up to Interstellar, I feel we were given enough information.

What I'd like to see is one about Aerodynamics, or Physics in general. It's a topic that wasn't touched at all by show & tell nor feature videos. KSP's Aerodynamic system is super simplified, I'm certain KSP 2's will have a more complex and more accurate model. It would be worth a visit to see what has changed.

According to Dr. Chive's timeline, the last three gaps between videos have been 144 days between eps. 2 and 3, 168 days between 3 and 4, and 161 days between 4 and 5. I'm not counting the first few videos because COVID presumably wrecked their schedule, so I think they're outliers. Using 144-168 days as the range, that'd predict episode 6 as landing between 8/30 and 9/23. Since the trend has seemingly been to release on Fridays, that narrows possible dates down to 9/2, 9/9, 9/16, and 9/23. To compound some rampant speculation with more rampant speculation, 9/9 is the most aesthetic of those dates, so 9/9 is when the next video drops, and you can take that to the bank

4 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

To compound some rampant speculation with more rampant speculation, 9/9 is the most aesthetic of those dates, so 9/9 is when the next video drops, and you can take that to the bank

Adding even more speculation, 9/9 is 3-6 months before the planned release date, so I would not be surprised if serious marketing started with that feature video and continued up until release, 3-6 months later. 

Personally, I think we'll see a ton of gameplay footage and trailers after the Feature Episode for Multiplayer is out. Being able to show off multiple rockets or planes at one time would be fantastic for trailers and overall hype. 

3 hours ago, Thundy said:

What I'd like to see is one about Aerodynamics, or Physics in general. It's a topic that wasn't touched at all by show & tell nor feature videos. KSP's Aerodynamic system is super simplified, I'm certain KSP 2's will have a more complex and more accurate model. It would be worth a visit to see what has changed.

That would be nice. One of the earliest gameplay footage we got was of a rocket taking off and exploding shortly after. My issue is that it was bendy, like Garry's Mod levels of bendy. Hopefully that isn't in the release build. I'm a big fan of atmospheric flight, so seeing a feature video based around that could set me at ease, or it could have me worried for the game. I'm hopeful overall, but with no information at all (besides a decent bit every half year or so) I'm starting to get weary. 

3 hours ago, Domonian said:

Hopefully that isn't in the release build.

I don't think it will be, it will still be wobbly and bendy, but the developers said that they are adjusting that, finding something that isn't too wobbly and isn't too solid, Solid rockets or wings aren't realistic either, they have to find the sweet spot in terms of realism and good gameplay experience.

12 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Using 144-168 days as the range, that'd predict episode 6 as landing between 8/30 and 9/23.

I've just set both of those dates on my calendar, so keep in mind that I'll be here to let you know if that prediction is correct or not.

Edited by intelliCom

On 7/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Domonian said:

Personally, I think we'll see a ton of gameplay footage and trailers after the Feature Episode for Multiplayer is out. Being able to show off multiple rockets or planes at one time would be fantastic for trailers and overall hype. 

I really hope the next episode is on colonization, but this would be sick as well! really I dont think they could go wrong with really any topic but these two certainly top the list. Lets hope one of us is right!