New Senior Concept Artist wanted by Intercept Games. Whats in development after KSP2 I wonder?

Anth

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Datau03 said:

I'd hope  continuos updates for KSP2 like minecraft is doing

Minecraft is still selling millions of copies per year and they have a subscription system that costs money per month for realms which is a server system of some sort.

Private Division/Intercept Games aren't going to make that sort of money off KSP2. Its a completely different situation.

The only way we should get continuous updates for KSP2 is if Private Division/Intercept Games keeps making enough money for it to be worth it.

3 hours ago, Anth12 said:

KSP1 did make contnuous updates for a fair bit of time after 1.0 and hopefully there will be a lot of people buying the game continuously. It would be very nice to have these updates because it's always fun to get more content and improvements with updates :) 

We'll definitely get some patches. I don't know how serious the content will be, but getting some updates is pretty standard. Plus, I'm sure there are at least a few DLC in the pipeline. The interstellar mechanic opens up possibility of DLC-only star systems, which will be a considerable amount of art work. So there's definitely still going to be things to do even after the full release.

But Intercept was also looking at spinning up a team for another game about a year ago. I imagine that got delayed a bit with the delays to KSP2, but if that plan is still alive, right around now would be the time to kick that into proper pre-production. Usually, if you want your studio to run smoothly, once the main production on one project is finished, you want to roll people over to another production. In this case, it would be right around the time of the KSP2 full release. And you generally have a lot of pre-production work that needs to be done by another, smaller team to create a foundation.

Concept art can be needed for either of these two directions, so I don't know if we can make any specific conclusions.

5 hours ago, Datau03 said:

KSP1 did make contnuous updates for a fair bit of time after 1.0 and hopefully there will be a lot of people buying the game continuously. It would be very nice to have these updates because it's always fun to get more content and improvements with updates

I fear that some of the quality problems with some of those updates was related to how little money that Squad might have been getting on return. They still need to be making money to produce updates.

3 hours ago, K^2 said:

We'll definitely get some patches. I don't know how serious the content will be, but getting some updates is pretty standard. Plus, I'm sure there are at least a few DLC in the pipeline. The interstellar mechanic opens up possibility of DLC-only star systems, which will be a considerable amount of art work. So there's definitely still going to be things to do even after the full release.

But Intercept was also looking at spinning up a team for another game about a year ago. I imagine that got delayed a bit with the delays to KSP2, but if that plan is still alive, right around now would be the time to kick that into proper pre-production. Usually, if you want your studio to run smoothly, once the main production on one project is finished, you want to roll people over to another production. In this case, it would be right around the time of the KSP2 full release. And you generally have a lot of pre-production work that needs to be done by another, smaller team to create a foundation.

Concept art can be needed for either of these two directions, so I don't know if we can make any specific conclusions.

I hope to see more DLCs from KSP2 than we saw from KSP1 and the new game they are planning will hopefully keep Intercept Games working on KSP2 as well for a long time even if its more of a sideline thing.