[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

uMp5sIq.jpg您好,我现在使用的是KSP1.12.3, BDA1.5.0版本。我在使用bda自带的导弹发射箱时发现这个液压杆的模型出现了问题,请问这个是怎么回事啊?

Hello, I am using KSP1.12.3 and BDA1.5.0 now. When I used the missile launch box that from  BDA own, I found something wrong with the model of this hydraulic rod. Do you now what's going on?

On 8/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, Plutron said:

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately it still doesn't work. It teleports my camera to the canyon and says it is spawning a craft at 1000m but it always ends with "failed to spawn [craft name]". I'm gonna experiment some more and see if I can get it working

Is your WM and AI attached to the root part?

Ah, never mind. Seems you fixed it.

I'm very honored that "Kerbal Field" can be mentioned by you. Even though our mod has not been updated for a long time, it can not fully adapt to the current BDA Plus.

I'm looking at the changes and gradually improving  "Kerbal Field"  so that it can run better on this perfect environment provided by you. Thank you.

vnfthR.md.png

On 8/2/2022 at 11:03 AM, Grenartia said:

Has this edition of BDA fixed this behavior?

This is partially fixed. I fixed it for slow rate of fire guns (e.g., the m1Abrams) some time back, but now notice that high rate of fire guns are having their later bullets per frame offset incorrectly at orbital speeds. - I'll add it to the list of things to fix for a later release.

You will also want to enable "Vessel Relative Bullet Checks" in the "Gameplay Settings" section so that the bullets collide properly with the target. This causes the bullet collision checks to happen in the local velocity frame of each vessel within range, which may cause a significant increase in CPU usage if you have a lot of vessels nearby. It's generally not needed at the lower velocities of in-atmosphere fights (though it would have a small effect), but is definitely needed once the vessels are moving at orbital velocities.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, Aaron11 said:

Hello, I am using KSP1.12.3 and BDA1.5.0 now. When I used the missile launch box that from  BDA own, I found something wrong with the model of this hydraulic rod. Do you now what's going on?

Apparently, the FXLookAtConstraint modules weren't implemented properly on that turret and some others. This is now fixed in dev and will be in the next update.

Are there any plans to tweak lasers? Currently they are excessively accurate when targeting missiles and basically devalue their use in combat. I know squat about game dev but introducing a cool-down period before they can switch to targeting the next missile seems like it could be a straightforward fix. Currently the transition often takes under half a second.

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Are there any plans to tweak lasers? Currently they are excessively accurate when targeting missiles and basically devalue their use in combat. I know squat about game dev but introducing a cool-down period before they can switch to targeting the next missile seems like it could be a straightforward fix. Currently the transition often takes under half a second.

Not really. Lasers are super accurate (due to their beam traveling at the speed of light and not having to account for the target's motion while the beam is traveling as opposed to standard projectiles). However, they also overheat more easily and drain a significant amount of electric charge. If you don't want them in your tournaments, simply don't let your participants use them or modify them with a MM patch.

Edited by DocNappers

8 hours ago, DocNappers said:

Not really.

Can't say I agree entirely with your points, considering they target so fast that they hardly get the chance to overheat, and can run for a long, long time on just two large batteries, but you da boss.

Plane-ship combat is admittedly a bit better due to the lasers having to focus on dismantling everything in the sky in systematic fashion.

Haven't a clue how one does module manager patches. I'll check that out though.

9 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Can't say I agree entirely with your points, considering they target so fast that they hardly get the chance to overheat, and can run for a long, long time on just two large batteries, but you da boss.

Plane-ship combat is admittedly a bit better due to the lasers having to focus on dismantling everything in the sky in systematic fashion.

Haven't a clue how one does module manager patches. I'll check that out though.

More to do with how weak missiles are to everything than anything else. They really should be able to take another hit or so, and the laser probably shouldn’t be able to melt things as well as it does, but the easiest solution is to just not use the lasers 

that or add some error to AI targeting solution

Lasers do have some randomness added to their shots (maxDeviation = 0.0125 in the config), but that's about 1/10 of that of the hidden vulcan, so they're more accurate out to longer ranges.

And yes, missiles have very little HP, which may be more to do with the problem than lasers being super accurate, but I think that's so that point defence turrets only need to get a single hit on them to destroy them. @josuenosand @SuicidalInsanity know more about missiles and weapon systems than I do, so maybe they can chime in with their opinions?

The stock ABL is designed to (or at least modeled after the IRL airborne laser designed to) shoot down ICBMs. Which means against standard missiles it's massively overkill, yes. For the laser being able to immediately able to lock and destroy the target, that's due to the high turret traverse speed of the ABL allowing it to immediately come on target. At least it no longer aimbots like it used to in BADc.
The laser exists mainly to demonstrate laser weapons, rather than something balanced for use in a competition or similar (indeed, in every one I've been in, it's been banned)
if you want to tweak it to become a pure point defense weapon, either modify (via MM or .cfg tweaking) the pitchSpeedDPS /yawSpeedDPS, or the laserdamage fields, e.g:

@PART[bahaABL]
{
  %MODULE[ModuleTurretModuleWeapon]    { 
        %pitchSpeedDPS = 90 //degrees per second, if 220 is too fast, else delete/comment out this line
        %yawSpeedDPS = 90 //ditto   
}
    %MODULE[ModuleWeapon]
    {
        %maxEffectiveDistance = 2500 //if 5000 is too long
        %requestResourceAmount = 500 //if not powerhungry enough
        %laserDamage = 400 // if it burns through things too fast
        %heatPerShot = 80 //if it doesn't overheat fast enough
    }
}

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

7 minutes ago, Jamma368 said:

The goalkeeper doesn't make any sound for me when firing 

This is a known issue with the last couple of releases. It's due to Visual Studio messing with the capitalisation of various "sounds" folders on one of the dev's computers. It'll be fixed in the next release.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

and the laser probably shouldn’t be able to melt things as well as it does

IRL lasers have a near-zero penetration ability because evaporating target material blocks the laser beam and lazer has to stay pointing at the same spot of the target for some time to deal any significant damage to a missile not speaking of airplanes or tanks (it should take hours to pierce a solid steel armor)

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

The targeting pods are broken. It has some sort of ghosting effect which prevents you from zooming in correctly.

It zooms in on the fog instead of the actual image.

The ghosting effect is due to some weird interaction with Scatterer. Reportedly, setting scatterer settings to "integrated" fixes that (I don't use Scatterer though, so that's second-hand info).

On 8/6/2022 at 5:50 AM, DocNappers said:

Apparently, the FXLookAtConstraint modules weren't implemented properly on that turret and some others. This is now fixed in dev and will be in the next update.

谢谢,期待下一个版本!

Thank you. Looking forward to the next version!

any chance your still adding parts, and if so, suggestions by people? if yes, can you please add a mk3 size nose with torpedo tubes for submarines, and a mk3 size VLS for SLBMs? if no, please tell me if there's a mod with these parts

1 hour ago, Kerbal410 said:

any chance your still adding parts, and if so, suggestions by people? if yes, can you please add a mk3 size nose with torpedo tubes for submarines, and a mk3 size VLS for SLBMs? if no, please tell me if there's a mod with these parts

That sounds more like something for the guys working on AP+ or BDA-Extended (still to be officially released) rather than base BDA+. I'll pass on the request to those guys.