[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

On 11/19/2022 at 8:30 AM, Kerbal410 said:

minus APKWS rockets

Look at weapon mods, like this one and this. Of course, I would like to recommend you a line of mods from SpannerMonkey (which, in fact, I do). But he removed them from public access for reasons unknown to me and it is unlikely that you will find them (fortunately, I still have them)

And the "Hydra-70" is an unguided rocket. From the point of view of implementation in the code, they are closer to guns than to classic missiles

By the way, another suggestion:
How do you like the idea of adding the ability to fire a specific weapon on any convenient button (the player himself makes the setting)?
For example, on your device there are 2 types of guns, primary and secondary (especially for fighters) It would be convenient to shoot from the right type of guns (main and hundredfold), simply by pressing the button on the mouse (or joystick), rather than selecting it through the menu
This will be especially appreciated by users of gaming mice and joysticks, where there are enough buttons

Now there is something similar, but I can assign only one button for firing. Obviously, this menu item can be expanded. You can also add missile firing here

10 minutes ago, Ilya_G said:

How do you like the idea of adding the ability to fire a specific weapon on any convenient button (the player himself makes the setting)?

If you can bind action groups to your buttons, then you can do this already. Enable the weapon with the "Toggle Weapon" action group, then fire it with the "Fire (Hold)" action group.

11 hours ago, DocNappers said:

If you can bind action groups to your buttons, then you can do this already. Enable the weapon with the "Toggle Weapon" action group, then fire it with the "Fire (Hold)" action group.

I meant to assign shooting from the selected weapon to ANY button that is on the keyboard/computer mouse/gamepad

The possibility of such a setting is in BDArmory, but for all types of weapons at once

12 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

I meant to assign shooting from the selected weapon to ANY button that is on the keyboard/computer mouse/gamepad

The possibility of such a setting is in BDArmory, but for all types of weapons at once

It looks like this should be possible, yes. I'll try to get it added for the next release.

11 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

oh, and one last thing, please add a katyusha rocket launcher if it isn't already in another mod

Do you mean the launcher itself?

1280px-%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%83%D0%BC%D0

Or an unguided M-13 missile?

320px-KatyushaMusee.jpg

If the latter, then these missiles do not differ much in behavior from the "Hydra-70" and "S-8" missiles

In addition, as I know, such missiles are guided by direct fire (like conventional cannon shells) and fly straight without taking into account the influence of gravity until they self-destruct or collide with something.
And even if it is not, then in the current BDArmory there is no sight that allows you to calculate firing from cannons or rocket launchers along mounted trajectories

18 hours ago, DocNappers said:

It looks like this should be possible, yes. I'll try to get it added for the next release.

If anything, I meant this menu

tnk7sClVKrs.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

In addition, it would be desirable to display the "next/prev. weapon" and "fire missile" buttons there

1 hour ago, Ilya_G said:

In addition, it would be desirable to display the "next/prev. weapon" and "fire missile" buttons there

Yessssss! That's a good idea because with BD Armory you run out of ActionGroups pretty quick.

8 minutes ago, Manul said:

out of ActionGroups pretty quick

Looks like...I do not know the whole BDArmory, since I use only 3 groups of actions...

By the way, it would be good for launchers of unguided missiles (for example, the second one on the left, taken from here), to add the "jettison" action at least to the action groups.
At the moment, they can be reset only through the details menu, which is called in flight by clicking the PCM on the part.

hU6Qo4y.png

43 minutes ago, Ilya_G said:

Looks like...I do not know the whole BDArmory, since I use only 3 groups of actions...

I use 4 WeaponManager actions : WM.nextWeapon, WM.nextTarget, WM.FireGuns, WM.FireMissile, and lots of part-related actions, such as Fire countermeasure X, activate weapon Y, toggle radar Z, toggle targeting camera Z1.

22 minutes ago, Ilya_G said:

Like a click of LMB should be enough for firing guns

I have reasons to do  this due to my HOTAS setup:

1. LMB fires missiles too and I want to be selective as I have 2 triggers on my stick: the outer one  is used to fire guns until I hear a sidewinder lock sound and then I pull the trigger till the very end and launch a missile withe the inner trigger.
2. I don't have a spare hand to have hands on throttle, stick and mouse. Having only 2 hands might be quiet annoying both for virtual pilots and real ones but let's deal with it.

Edited by Manul

2 minutes ago, Manul said:

LMB fires missiles

For the first time I hear that in the current BDArmory with the help of LMB it was possible to shoot guided missiles

5 minutes ago, Manul said:

I don't have a spare hand to have hands on throttle, stick

Do you also use a joystick to control an airplane?

In any case, DocNappers should start working on our request

1 hour ago, Ilya_G said:

For the first time I hear that in the current BDArmory with the help of LMB it was possible to shoot guided missiles

The LMB (default fire key) will fire a missile if it's selected and armed.

6 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

In addition, as I know, such missiles are guided by direct fire (like conventional cannon shells) and fly straight without taking into account the influence of gravity until they self-destruct or collide with something.

Unguided rockets (e.g., hydra 70) in BDA+ are affected by gravity. Also, while thrusting there is an amount of Gaussian noise in their thrusting direction, after which they become ballistic.

2 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

In any case, DocNappers should start working on our request

Should, eh? :-P 

5 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

By the way, it would be good for launchers of unguided missiles (for example, the second one on the left, taken from here), to add the "jettison" action at least to the action groups.

I think they just need to be configured as a rocket pod to be jettisonable. Rocket turrets aren't jettisonable.

7 hours ago, DocNappers said:

I think they just need to be configured as a rocket pod to be jettisonable.

12 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

See for yourself

Spoiler

The "jettison" action is only available in the part menu

FoEvcXTu1W0.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

Bt_oSm0kQ3o.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

7 hours ago, DocNappers said:

Unguided rockets (e.g., hydra 70) in BDA+ are affected by gravity. Also, while thrusting there is an amount of Gaussian noise in their thrusting direction, after which they become ballistic.

Spoiler

It looks like it is, but gravity affects the rocket slightly

pXGRGY7fsaM.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

14 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

And even if it is not, then in the current BDArmory there is no sight that allows you to calculate firing from cannons or rocket launchers along mounted trajectories

It seems to be partly as I said

TyT5kYIWNDY.jpg?size=1280x1024&quality=9

1 hour ago, Ilya_G said:

The "jettison" action is only available in the part menu

Ah, I see, yeah, I should be able to add an action group entry for that.

1 hour ago, Ilya_G said:

It seems to be partly as I said

If you enable Debug Lines in the debugging options, you'll see the path the rocket would be expected to take if there was no noise in it's thrusting direction.

Me Again! If possible, please add an M-SHORAD turret (or a similar turret like ADATS) to the mod. I've been waiting for a turret that combines missiles and guns for a long time, and while it has happened with NKD/NKDR, with the LAV-25/LAV-AD turrets, those don't come close to the M-SHORAD, with space for both hellfire and stinger missiles, as well as, of course, a gun.

Army Inks $1.2 Billion Deal to Equip Strykers with Short-Range Air Defense  Weapons | Military.comADATS Dual Purpose Missile System | Military-Today.com

if neither of these is possible, at least add a HAAWC for higher torpedo launches.
Green Light for Boeing's High Altitude Anti-Submarine Warfare Weapon  CapabilityAcquisition headlines (8/15 - 8/21/2022) | Acquisition Talk

in other words, multi-stage torpedos. it has been done with other weapons from other mods (missiles, mostly), not with torpedos from my memory.

Edited by Kerbal410

24 minutes ago, Ilya_G said:

This has already been done a long time ago by user SpannerMonkey

He deleted his mods, but I still have the zip archives. If you want, I can upload them to a file sharing site and send you a link

I'll leave that decision up to you. I'm perfectly fine with whatever works. I'm trying to find unique things to suggest for this mod, but a lot of them have already been added in other mods, it seems. say, did any of his mods have an M-SHORAD or MMEV turret? if not, that's ok. again, just hoping there's a turret that combines ATGMs, short-range SAMs, guns, and, in the MMEVs case, rockets. 

Edited by Kerbal410

1 hour ago, NotUrGenre said:

Toggle Ordinance bay deployment with action group key?

You can click on it in flight and toggle it, how can I edit this part so that it can work with ag1-ag# and deploy missiles with BDarmory and/or set an action key. 

It should automatically deploy when the missiles it contains are selected and retract otherwise. I see there is an event for doing so (the toggle button in the PAW), but not an action group. I can add an action group hook for it.

BDArmory Plus v1.5.5.0 is now available on SpaceDock, GitHub and CKAN.

It includes a bunch of fixes for various things and many of the above requests, except for the part requests by @Kerbal410 since (as mentioned previously) BDA+ is a framework for other mods to provide parts. I'd suggest making those part requests to the BDArmory-Extended mod instead.