Jump to content

[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.5.5.1 [2022-11-27]


Recommended Posts

macOS12.5//ksp verson:1.12.3//BDA verson:1.5.1.1

你好,今天在制作野战防空系统的时候遇到一个bug。

Hello, I encountered a bug when making a field air defense system today.

    在使用原版转轴“G-12L”和BDA自带的“Ordinance Bay”时发现:

    When using the original hinge "G-12L" and the "Ordinance Bay" that comes with the BDA, it is found that:

            1.在工作车间时“Ordinance Bay”可以跟随“G-12L”进行上下移动。

           1. In the workshop, the "Ordinance Bay" can follow "G-12L" up and down.

XzXfXYo.jpeg

        2.但是在游戏中当更改“G-12L”的角度时“Ordinance Bay”只会留在原地并不会跟随“G-12L”纵向旋转。但是当调整下面那个电机“M-25”时,“Ordinance Bay”就可以跟随“M-25”进行横向旋转。

        2. However, when changing the angle of "G-12L" in the game, "Ordinance Bay" will only stay in place and will not rotate vertically with "G-12L".  

             More, when adjusting the motor "M-25" below, "Ordinance Bay" can rotate horizontally along with "M-25".8HMm5FN.jpeg

    3.在游戏中“Ordinance Bay”里的导弹可以正常发射。

    3. Missiles in the "Ordinance Bay" in the game can be launched normally.

请问作者可以帮我看一下这个bug是怎么回事吗?谢谢。

Can the author help me see what's going on with this bug? Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Aaron11 said:

macOS12.5//ksp verson:1.12.3//BDA verson:1.5.1.1

你好,今天在制作野战防空系统的时候遇到一个bug。

Hello, I encountered a bug when making a field air defense system today.

    在使用原版转轴“G-12L”和BDA自带的“Ordinance Bay”时发现:

    When using the original hinge "G-12L" and the "Ordinance Bay" that comes with the BDA, it is found that:

            1.在工作车间时“Ordinance Bay”可以跟随“G-12L”进行上下移动。

           1. In the workshop, the "Ordinance Bay" can follow "G-12L" up and down.

XzXfXYo.jpeg

        2.但是在游戏中当更改“G-12L”的角度时“Ordinance Bay”只会留在原地并不会跟随“G-12L”纵向旋转。但是当调整下面那个电机“M-25”时,“Ordinance Bay”就可以跟随“M-25”进行横向旋转。

        2. However, when changing the angle of "G-12L" in the game, "Ordinance Bay" will only stay in place and will not rotate vertically with "G-12L".  

             More, when adjusting the motor "M-25" below, "Ordinance Bay" can rotate horizontally along with "M-25".8HMm5FN.jpeg

    3.在游戏中“Ordinance Bay”里的导弹可以正常发射。

    3. Missiles in the "Ordinance Bay" in the game can be launched normally.

请问作者可以帮我看一下这个bug是怎么回事吗?谢谢。

Can the author help me see what's going on with this bug? Thank you.

更换为另一个转轴还是不行,似乎这是一个通病

It still doesn't work to replace it with another hinge. It seems that this is a common problem.

J53e5cp.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Aaron11 said:

It still doesn't work to replace it with another hinge. It seems that this is a common problem.

 

Weird. The same happens with the hydraulic cylinder. However, if you attach them upside down (i.e., to an attachment node), then it works (but isn't very useful...).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. 分析问题:之所以 "Ordinance Bay" 不可以跟原版转轴一起活动,原因应该是因为 "Ordinance Bay" 自带一个活动的导弹挂架,导致它会判定不能跟它连接的第一个部件移动,在这里就是不可以跟原版转轴一起活动。所以只要在“Ordinance Bay”附近的第二个零件安装转轴就可以解决问题。
  2. 解决办法:在“Ordinance Bay”和你想要进行选择的转轴间(这里我用的转轴是G-32W)添加任意零件(这里我用的是BDA自带的装甲板)。这样“Ordinance Bay”就会认为跟它连接的1号零件是“固定的” 而不是 "可移动的"。这样你可以通过改变“Ordinance Bay”附近的第二个零件(我这里是G-32W铰链)的角度来旋转。
  3. 结局:问题解决~

---------------------translate---------------------

1.  Analysis problem: The reason why "Ordinance Bay" cannot move with the original hinge is that "Ordinance Bay" comes with an active missile mount, which causes it to determine that the first part that cannot be connected to it move. Here is You can't move with the original hinge. So as long as you install the hinge in the second part near "Ordinance Bay", you can solve the problem.

2.  Solution: Add any part between the "Ordinance Bay" and the hinge you want to choose (the hinge I use here is G-32W) (here I use the mounting deck that comes with BDA). In this way, "Ordinance Bay" will think that the No. 1 part connected to it is "fixed" rather than "movable". In this way, you can rotate by changing the angle of the second part near the "Ordinance Bay" (I am the G-32W hinge).

3. Ending: Problem Solving~

vZqgA2k.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DocNappers said:

Weird. The same happens with the hydraulic cylinder. However, if you attach them upside down (i.e., to an attachment node), then it works (but isn't very useful...).

haha真巧正好我写了个教程,也是用的你说的方法。现在问题解决了~

我认为这应该是因为原版转轴而导致的bug。

1.  分析:因为“Ordinance Bay”是可移动挂架,而挂架作为“an attachment node”又可以连接另一个零件。这使得游戏无法正确分辨到底是“谁移动谁”。而如果一个部件只有展开而没有“attachment node”功能的话就没有这个问题。因为我知道其它mod有类似功能的零件也有这个问题。

2.  结论:我认为问题出在KSP原版转轴的代码上。

可能这需要ksp官方来修改吧(笑)

---------------translate-----------------

Haha Lucky  we write at the same time, I write a Tutorials  which was also the method you mentioned. Now the problem has been solved~

I think this should be a bug caused by the KSP original hinge.

  1. Analysis: Because "Ordinance Bay" is a removable hanger, and the hanger, as an attachment node, can connect another part. This makes it impossible for the game to correctly distinguish who moves whom. If a part only expands without the "attachment node" function, there is no problem. Because I know that other mods with similar functions also have this problem.
  2. Conclusion: I think the problem lies with the code of the original KSP hinge.

Maybe this needs to be officially modified by ksp team in next version  (laughs~)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aaron11 said:

Haha Lucky  we write at the same time, I write a Tutorials  which was also the method you mentioned. Now the problem has been solved~

I think this should be a bug caused by the KSP original hinge.

  1. Analysis: Because "Ordinance Bay" is a removable hanger, and the hanger, as an attachment node, can connect another part. This makes it impossible for the game to correctly distinguish who moves whom. If a part only expands without the "attachment node" function, there is no problem. Because I know that other mods with similar functions also have this problem.
  2. Conclusion: I think the problem lies with the code of the original KSP hinge.

Maybe this needs to be officially modified by ksp team in next version  (laughs~)

I think it's more the way the ordinance bay attaches to the other part since it only seems to have surface attachment on the underside instead of an attachment node (like the missile attachment nodes on the upper side). One of the other devs who's better at modelling is going to experiment with adding an attachment node to the underside to see if that fixes it without the need for a part in between.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DocNappers said:

That sounds more like something for the guys working on AP+ or BDA-Extended (still to be officially released) rather than base BDA+. I'll pass on the request to those guys.

Thanks.

how small would the SLBMs be, is my only question. are they actually going to make a missile for the mk3 formfactor, or add a bulge to the VLS like on the Ohio or Delta class (or any ballistic missile sub, for that matter) and make a taller missile that normally wouldn't fit vertically in mk3 parts.

I know this isn't the right place to be asking this, so if you would, please direct me to the appropriate place.

Edited by Kerbal410
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

Thanks.

how small would the SLBMs be, is my only question. are they actually going to make a missile for the mk3 formfactor, or add a bulge to the VLS like on the Ohio or Delta class (or any ballistic missile sub, for that matter) and make a taller missile that normally wouldn't fit vertically in mk3 parts.

I know this isn't the right place to be asking this, so if you would, please direct me to the appropriate place.

@Drag0nD3str0yer (who is helping with updating/improving AP+) was discussing it with some others on the "Project Münway" discord server for a bit last night (I can DM the discord link if you don't already have it - to avoid bots). The consensus was that BDA-Extended (BDA-E) would be the appropriate mod for such a part. I don't think BDA-E has a forum page currently, so the discord is probably the place to ask about it.

Edited by DocNappers
hide the discord link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 2:07 AM, DocNappers said:

the discord is probably the place to ask about it.

I don't have discord, and I don't think my parents are going to let me get it because I've asked them before and they said no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I am the developer of SWE (a mod that adds waterfall configs to SRB's) and I was working on adding them to BDArmory's missiles, however I can't get them to show the plume because the missiles do not have a module engines in their configs. Do you know of anything I can do to get them working properly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, marksh16 said:

Will this mod work with Lunar Multiplayer?

I haven't tried, but I doubt it. Aerial combat can be quite frenetic and I suspect it wouldn't handle craft being torn apart by weapons too well due to network lag. Maybe others would know for sure though.

8 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

I don't have discord, and I don't think my parents are going to let me get it because I've asked them before and they said no.

Fair enough. In any case Drag0n and the others are aware of your request, so maybe they'll come up with something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Adiri said:

Hi, I am the developer of SWE (a mod that adds waterfall configs to SRB's) and I was working on adding them to BDArmory's missiles, however I can't get them to show the plume because the missiles do not have a module engines in their configs. Do you know of anything I can do to get them working properly?

Hi. I guess that depends a bit on how SWE/Waterfall does the actual replacement of the plumes. BDArmory's missiles use a pair of models that get added to the missile when they're loaded in flight mode during OnStart (see MissileLauncher.cs#L2443 and where it's called from MissileLauncher.cs#L426) and removed again when the missile gets destroyed. It's done this way to avoid leaking KSPParticleEmitters since KSP is so bad at letting go of part references.

 E.g., the AIM-9 uses the following in its config:

exhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/smallExhaust
boostExhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/mediumExhaust

If SWE/Waterfall can simply replace those models on the fly (e.g., with simple models containing an appropriate ModuleEngine via a MM patch or similar), then that might be enough to make it work.

Edited by DocNappers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DocNappers said:

Hi. I guess that depends a bit on how SWE/Waterfall does the actual replacement of the plumes. BDArmory's missiles use a pair of models that get added to the missile when they're loaded in flight mode during OnStart (see MissileLauncher.cs#L2443 and where it's called from MissileLauncher.cs#L426) and removed again when the missile gets destroyed. It's done this way to avoid leaking KSPParticleEmitters since KSP is so bad at letting go of part references.

 E.g., the AIM-9 uses the following in its config:

exhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/smallExhaust
boostExhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/mediumExhaust

If SWE/Waterfall can simply replace those models on the fly (e.g., with simple models containing an appropriate ModuleEngine via a MM patch or similar), then that might be enough to make it work.

Alright thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

Does this redux mod make orbital combat viable? It has been broken in BDA for a while, just wondering if that has been fixed recently or not.

The next release (coming soon) has a number of fixes for ballistic weapons in orbit. In the meantime, check these out: 

 and 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

@DocNappers does it allow for autocannon firing between multiple ships in orbit, a-la Children of a Dead Earth or the Expanse-style?

Pretty much, though you'll need to increase the default range of PRE (the max visual range of the WM in BDArmory is 200km) and KSP can sometimes have some issues with vessels entering/leaving the PRE range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The latest version of BDA+ (v1.5.2.0) is now available from https://github.com/BrettRyland/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.5.2.0. SpaceDock is currently having some issues, so it'll be uploaded there once those are resolved.

Edit: SpaceDock is working again! https://spacedock.info/mod/2487/BDArmory Plus#changelog

Edited by DocNappers
SpaceDock is working again
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, I am pulling data from the RWR system for a plugin I'm working on and I have a few questions. What property should I pull from to get/calculate the relative bearing of a spike on the RWR? From what I can tell TargetSignatureData.position returns an (x,y) of TargetSignatureData.geoPos (x,y,z). I also notice that there is a pingPosition and a  predictedPosition property there as well, but from testing I can't tell how I can use what it returns to calculate relative bearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Skyclo said:

Hey, I am pulling data from the RWR system for a plugin I'm working on and I have a few questions. What property should I pull from to get/calculate the relative bearing of a spike on the RWR? From what I can tell TargetSignatureData.position returns an (x,y) of TargetSignatureData.geoPos (x,y,z). I also notice that there is a pingPosition and a  predictedPosition property there as well, but from testing I can't tell how I can use what it returns to calculate relative bearing.

For relative bearing between two latitude/longitude coords, you need to use the Haversine formulation, see http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html.

From what it sounds like you're doing, you want to use the latitude/longitude components of TargetSignatureData.geoPos and that of the current vessel (from FlightGlobals.currentMainBody.GetLatitudeAndLongitude(FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.transform.position)) in the formula for the bearing on that site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DocNappers said:

For relative bearing between two latitude/longitude coords, you need to use the Haversine formulation, see http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html.

From what it sounds like you're doing, you want to use the latitude/longitude components of TargetSignatureData.geoPos and that of the current vessel (from FlightGlobals.currentMainBody.GetLatitudeAndLongitude(FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.transform.position)) in the formula for the bearing on that site.

Ah okay I see now... I was using the wrong coordinates. Thank you so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

does the AN/ALQ-131 jam radars? I'm wanting to build a EA-18G or even a EA-6B or EF-111A, but the AN/ALQ-99 they have jams radar.

Yes, but I don't have much experience with it. @josuenos would be the one to ask about configuring it if the comments in the ecmj131.cfg aren't sufficient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 6:10 PM, Kerbal410 said:

does the AN/ALQ-131 jam radars? I'm wanting to build a EA-18G or even a EA-6B or EF-111A, but the AN/ALQ-99 they have jams radar.

Yes, the Github Wiki explains how. There have been some changes, but everything in the wiki is mostly accurate. For changes, check out the 1.5.2.0 changelog and let us know if you have more specific questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...