[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

Bugreport: Type: defective part definition, Severity: Medium

Open Cockpit Mk1 doesn't accept any Kerbals to sit in.

Evidence:

YSJC0Jx.jpg

Edit: --> bugreport obsolete: See posts below. User mistake.... didn't know, that you have to to put a command chair in it. Ignore my question.

Edited by Rakete

Bugreport - Type: Gameplay, Sererity: Medium:

If you use the rotational bomb bays, they get not fully emptied. Some bombs can't be released. Tested in BDA+ 1.5.5.1. If you use two bays, at least one of them can be completely emptied

Example craft here:  Pure Stock + BDA+

https://www.filemail.com/d/eznowqccwrxyhhe

(only available for 7 days, because the file hoster is free of charge)

EDIT

--> obsolete. Must have been a user mistake by loading only 6 bombs on each the rig. Seems to work with 8 or4 bombs

Edited by Rakete

5 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

You’re supposed to put a command chair in there.

Thanks... I thought the command chair in BDA was for turrets like old WW2-style FLAK-cannons, where user sits right next to the big cannon. Aaahhhh it's meant for the open cockpit.... alright. Closed my support ticket above. :D sorry for my stupidity.

Edited by Rakete

@DocNappers @SuicidalInsanity

Do you create/need Git-tickets for the issues? Unfortunately I am not a github user anymore (since github refuses me to reset my lost password somehow :huh: - otherwise i would have filed them as issues on git)... 

• Radar-lock-on for air based and groundbased radar in 1.5.6.0 non functioning (but working in 1.5.5.1) (confirmed by SuidicidalInsanity)
  • IR-Missiles do not lock on without active IRST-pod (tested in 1.5.5.1) (confirmed by SuidicidalInsanity)
  • Stock-Ground-Flags explode upon placing (confirmed w/ 1.5.5.1 and 1.5.6.0) (reported by PyjackMeat and Manul, confirmed by SuidicidalInsanity)
  • IRST-Pod not respecting range+- keyboard inputs (tested in 1.5.5.1) (discussed with SuicidalInsanity. Afterwards bug verified by re-testing)
  • Wet-mode-plume of the Ef200 Typhoon engine does not fit to the part. See picture on previous forum page. (tested in 1.5.5.1). It is also an old plume. Upon repair, it could be replaced with a waterfall plume, to match the style of the nicely waterfallized saturn engine, that comes also with bda+ - just a proposal. (Evidence picture see previous thread page)
  • turning on legacy armor makes all crafts be made of wood and therefore explode above 700K. (see report by Manul below)

No need to hurry, just wanted to bundle up the things to avoid you having to scroll through here to find the latest reports.

All of them are not meant to be complaints. I LOVE your mod. Just trying to help to make things even better / more stable. 

Edited by Rakete

On 12/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

I can confirm that flags overheat and self-destruct. Fairly certain I know what's going on there, so it shouldn't be much of an issue to fix.
I cannot confirm all other parts exploding at 700k. In testing, the only time this occurred was when test parts were made out of wood (Hull Material Type 1 in the part's right-click window). Please confirm your SSTO is not made out of wood.
In testing I can confirm that there is an issue with trying to manually fire heatseekers by eye;  this issue is not present if an IRST is present and active on the launching craft, which will at least get things working until this is resolved.

I found what's wrong. Setting LegacyArmor to true summons the Curse Of The Wooden Leg and everything becomes wooden (while the craft save files say that it's aluminum). But flags aren't the victim of the wooden curse since their MaxTemp is -1K not 700

Edited by Manul

10 minutes ago, Manul said:

I found what's wrong. Setting LegacyArmor to true summons the Curse Of The Wooden Leg and everything becomes wooden (while the craft save files say that it's aluminum). But flags aren't the victim of the wooden curse since their MaxTemp is -1K not 700

Ahh. Thats why I hadn't have that issue - included your report into the bundled reports list above. The linked video is unfortunately not available for me here in central Europe.

Sooo flags need temperatures below the absolute zero, right? :D The kerbal flag scientists open up a whole new branch of physics. 

Reminds me of James Bond's quarter master Q.... He could also have said, we stick a granade into the flag thing. It looks like a normal flag, unless you push thiiiiiiisssss little button over here. Nobody expects the spanish inquisition an exploding flag.

Edited by Rakete

11 hours ago, Rakete said:

@DocNappers @SuicidalInsanity

Do you create/need Git-tickets for the issues? Unfortunately I am not a github user anymore (since github refuses me to reset my lost password somehow :huh: - otherwise i would have filed them as issues on git)... 

• Radar-lock-on for air based and groundbased radar in 1.5.6.0 non functioning (but working in 1.5.5.1) (confirmed by SuidicidalInsanity)
  • IR-Missiles do not lock on without active IRST-pod (tested in 1.5.5.1) (confirmed by SuidicidalInsanity)
  • Stock-Ground-Flags explode upon placing (confirmed w/ 1.5.5.1 and 1.5.6.0) (reported by PyjackMeat and Manul, confirmed by SuidicidalInsanity)
  • IRST-Pod not respecting range+- keyboard inputs (tested in 1.5.5.1) (discussed with SuicidalInsanity. Afterwards bug verified by re-testing)
  • Wet-mode-plume of the Ef200 Typhoon engine does not fit to the part. See picture on last forum page. (tested in 1.5.5.1). It is also an old plume. Upon repair, it could be replaced with a waterfall plume, to match the style of the nicely waterfallized saturn engine, that comes also with bda+ - just a proposal. (Evidence picture see previous thread page)
  • turning on legacy armor makes all crafts be made of wood and therefore explode above 700K. (see report by Manul below)

No need to hurry, just wanted to bundle up the things to avoid you having to scroll through here to find the latest reports.

All of them are not meant to be complaints. I LOVE your mod. Just trying to help to make things even better / more stable. 

Hi,

CKAN has a 1.5.6.1 version of BDA+ featuring a fix for the broken radar system.

Not sure why it's not in the changelogs here.

23 minutes ago, a999999999999999999 said:

Hi,

CKAN has a 1.5.6.1 version of BDA+ featuring a fix for the broken radar system.

Not sure why it's not in the changelogs here.

I don't use CKAN. There is no new release on github, but on spacedock. Guess I should always check both sources for updates. Are new versions anounced in this thread (to which I subscribed), or should I check regularly?

Edited by Rakete

An interesting addition to the mod could be adding a capability for cruise/ballistic missiles to attempt to evade incoming anti-air missiles, as well as flare/chaff/ECM jammer capacity. While you can install a ModuleECMJammer on a missile, I don't believe it actually behaves as it would on a craft and does not break radar locks.

Currently, air defense just catches too many cruise/ballistic missiles.

BDA v 1.5.6.2. is released, grab from SpaceDock or GitHub.
Changelog:

Spoiler

v1.5.6.2
IMPROVEMENTS / FIXES
- General:
    - Fix kerbal flags exploding from overheat when placed.
    - Add some missing parts to HPFixes patch.
    - Added some checks to the LEGACY_ARMOR toggle to catch material transitions where there shouldn't be any.
- UI:
    - Fix IRSTs not responding to Radar Display hotkeys.
    - Fix Radar Analysis Window Radar select UX.
- AI/WM:
    - Add 'Random Part' subsystem targeting option.
- Weapons:
    - Nukes now work in space again.
    - Fix IR missiles not locking on when manually firing.
    - Fix Lasers not hitting missiles.
    - Tweaks Oerlikon Millennium turret to improve missile interception ability, reduce lag.
    - Add frontAspectHeatModifier variable to missile definitions, explained further in sidewinder.cfg. Allows you to create IR missiles that behave more like early IR rear-aspect/tail-chase missiles.
    - Remove the clamp on heat signature drop-off with range above 6 km. Prior to this change, any heat signatures more than 6 km away were capped at their 6 km value.
- RWP
    - Add option for setting NPCs to a single team to Settings.cfg - REMOTE_ORC_NPCS_TEAM = [Teamname]. Leave blank for FFA NPCs.

v1.5.6.1
IMPROVEMENTS / FIXES
- Fix issue causing radars to return a cross-section of 0.0 for all craft.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Not sure, if this is a bug, but as soon as you load vessels from a time before you installed BDA+ they become almost as twice as expensive. They are made of aluminum (which should be the default with the same properties as if BDA was not installed, alright), but why do the price of the parts explode? Is it intentional, that the vessels become more expensive? If I save a vessel with bda+ installed and then uninstall BDA+ the vessel becomes only half as expensive.

Reproduceable with every craft so far.

Example for this craft: (uses Far Future Tech Mod) without any BDA+ parts:

https://www.filemail.com/d/onravjguopdolel

With BDA+ installed (no bda-parts used) over 142.219 funds

without BDA installed: 73.599 Funds (same if the vehicle is loaded from installation without bda or converted from an expensive variant with bda upon uninstallment of bda and reloading the with bda saved craft)

Some other vessels just have an price increase by 150%... so there is no pattern visible for me.

This could be relevant especially for career mode play throughs.

Edited by Rakete

On 1/2/2023 at 3:16 AM, coyotepunk05 said:

When I use the BDA+ build instead of the BDAc build of BDArmory, I get about 10-12 fps instead of around 80. Does this mod have any conflicts that the original version doesn't?

Can confirm: With BDA+ 1.5.6.2 extreme FPS-drop  that renders KSP unplayable. Sorry to say so. It stutters even in the main menue with no savegame loaded - in fact i didn't even try, as KSPs main menue was slide show. (Clean BDA+ install, without keeping old folder contents)

Reverting back to 1.5.5.1. (that runs smoothly, but has some bugs ;-) ) - sorry, that I can not re-test the fixes, provided in 1.5.6.2. cause of extreme game-stuttering

@SuicidalInsanity

@DocNappers

PC spec reference: i7 9700K, GTX 1060 6 GB, 32 GB RAM. Win 10 21H2

Logfile: https://www.filemail.com/d/ndxtdlgvdxhoccv

(Available for 7 days)

Edited by Rakete

On 12/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, Rakete said:

I don't use CKAN. There is no new release on github, but on spacedock. Guess I should always check both sources for updates. Are new versions anounced in this thread (to which I subscribed), or should I check regularly?

Ifyou do a mainly manual install, & NOT CKAN, I suggest installing KSP-AVC mod, to help eep you notified of installed mod updates:

(I know it says 1.8.1 & later, but it *does* work up to 1.12.3 or .4)

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Ifyou do a mainly manual install, & NOT CKAN, I suggest installing KSP-AVC mod, to help eep you notified of installed mod updates:

(I know it says 1.8.1 & later, but it *does* work up to 1.12.3 or .4)

Ah no, i am not an AVC-user. I just check every now and then the forum for updates on the mods i use. Therefore i have subscriptions on the respective threads. But thanks for the infos about the AVC-thing. 

I am a little security paranoid and am not a fan of additional stuff talking to the internet. That's also why all my downloaded mod packages get a run on virustotal. :D

6 hours ago, Rakete said:

Can confirm: With BDA+ 1.5.6.2 extreme FPS-drop  that renders KSP unplayable. Sorry to say so. It stutters even in the main menue with no savegame loaded - in fact i didn't even try, as KSPs main menue was slide show. (Clean BDA+ install, without keeping old folder contents)

Reverting back to 1.5.5.1. (that runs smoothly, but has some bugs ;-) ) - sorry, that I can not re-test the fixes, provided in 1.5.6.2. cause of extreme game-stuttering

@SuicidalInsanity

PC spec reference: i7 9700K, GTX 1060 6 GB, 32 GB RAM. Win 10 21H2

Logfile: https://www.filemail.com/d/ndxtdlgvdxhoccv

Darn, that sucks to hear. I guess I'll revert to an older build as well. 

5 minutes ago, coyotepunk05 said:

Darn, that sucks to hear. I guess I'll revert to an older build as well. 

Before you do that, please also upload your logfiles, as they might help the devs to track the issue. More info is always good

On 12/31/2022 at 3:52 AM, Rakete said:

I thought, they use the atmospheric pressure? So i can now nuke an asteroid or dismissed spacestation?

Nukes are... not effective in space. They work, but are mainly going to be a bright flash and some heating to close enough parts within line of sight. Nukes really need that atmospheric medium to do reasonable damage. You're going to need something a bit bigger than a Genie if you want to do more than scratch the paint of something in vacuum.

On 1/1/2023 at 6:16 PM, coyotepunk05 said:

When I use the BDA+ build instead of the BDAc build of BDArmory, I get about 10-12 fps instead of around 80. Does this mod have any conflicts that the original version doesn't?

Not that I know of, but without logs I can't know what's going on. I haven't noticed any noticeable decrease in performance (there's been a number of optimizations made since BDAc 1.3.4/5, so performance on the whole should be better, not worse). Is this a heavily modded game? Please either post logs, and/or re-test in a clean install of KSP (or, at bare minimum, flush your MM cache).
No one else has noticed or posted about performance decreases between 1.5.5.1 and 1.5.6.2 in the BDA dev discord, nor in any of the various BDA competition discords I keep an eye on for bug reports, and none of the changes in the latest versions were anything that would result in a sudden massive spike in performance overhead or introduce mod incompatibilities, so I'm inclined to doubt it being a BDA issue. (or if it is, it's going to be be something incredibly niche, like the time we found a suite of bugs that only affected users with Apple M1 macs).
Please confirm you haven't set the Time Override in the BDA settings to something < 1.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:08 AM, Rakete said:

Can confirm: With BDA+ 1.5.6.2 extreme FPS-drop  that renders KSP unplayable. Sorry to say so. It stutters even in the main menu with no savegame loaded - in fact i didn't even try, as KSPs main menu was slide show. (Clean BDA+ install, without keeping old folder contents)Logfile: https://www.filemail.com/d/ndxtdlgvdxhoccv

This log tells me nothing. Please post the KSP.log, not the player-prev.log.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:49 AM, Rakete said:

Not sure, if this is a bug, but as soon as you load vessels from a time before you installed BDA+ they become almost as twice as expensive.

This was fixed a few versions ago. I cannot replicate what you're seeing in the latest version of BDA.

On 1/2/2023 at 3:13 PM, Rakete said:

Before you do that, please also upload your logfiles, as they might help the devs to track the issue. More info is always good

Tried to launch it up to get a log with the lag in it, but unfortunately it is now no longer even launching, getting stuck on some outdated BDArmory addons that I have. I just installed the earlier version that you recommended and it seems to be working in the sense of launching the game, but I am still definitely getting the lag. 

This is the log that wouldn't allow me to launch the game (1.5.6.2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10XypKnrb0QMwnjSFgTCKdCbArT5Cjx3M/view?usp=sharing

This is the log that is running the older version of BDA+ (1.5.5.1): https://drive.google.com/file/d/16gNSIEzjZYS5L3hbvVrwIGtjiD8c5iX8/view?usp=sharing

6 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

This log tells me nothing. Please post the KSP.log, not the player-prev.log.

Strangely a new download of 1.5.6.2 did the trick. I don't know why... This time i loaded it using github and not from spacedock like last time. Maybe those two archives aren't binary identical?

Here some Infos on the fixes:

-Plume of the TFJ-EJ200 Turbojet in wet mode still not fitting (wasn't expecting a fix, cause it was not on the fixes list - just for completness' sake).

+Radar locking works

+IR-Locking without an IRST-Pod on board works

+Flags do not explode anymore:

As for the doubling part prices upon bda+ Install for old vessels:

It seems to be fixed in 1.5.6.2 - but was definetly present in 1.5.5.1. Maybe it was an issue upon code merging / compiling on github?

There is still a mininal deviation:

Before BDA+-install:

65acOGI.png

After BDA+-Install

rYb3gok.png

I mean, 70 Kerbal dollars is nothing and not worth mentioning, but there is still a little deviation, which i would not have expected. Same Craft-File, pure stock. If you want to reproduce it, find it here - in case there is still something odd about it.

https://www.filemail.com/d/fborwbeixaovjdu

Edited by Rakete

16 hours ago, coyotepunk05 said:

This is the log that wouldn't allow me to launch the game (1.5.6.2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10XypKnrb0QMwnjSFgTCKdCbArT5Cjx3M/view?usp=sharing

You have a depreciated BDArmory.Core.dll in your install. This is almost certainly causing you problems.  Check that you have the latest version of AviatorsArsenal, this was what was throwing an error during loading, but I can't tell if you have an older version, or if it's the aformentioned BDArmory.Core.dll causing the issue.
NKDR is not compatible with BDA+.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity