In KSP 1 I thought that the base KSC was lacking. It was small, I didn't like the building placement, etc. I feel that Ksp 2 should have a way to alter the KSC. Not like kerbal Konstructs, that didn't have the greatest UI and a butt load of other problems. I'm thinking of making it something you find out about very early. It would be the exact same system as building a colony, but you would have access to more Ksc alike parts, the ability to move ksc buildings, and the ability to terraform the ground around the Ksc. We have seen the ground around the ksc in trailers is dug out into artificial islands, so terraforming the ground around the KSC doesn't seem improbable.

I believe terrain deformation (while awesome) is not currently being slated for initial release. I love the idea of being able to customize KSC, and I still think it would be cool if it operated much like a colony with built-in fuel and materials farms, but progression-wise it might be simplest to use the KSC as a kind of simplified intro to resource production and storage capacity and slowly increasing VAB size and mass constraints and other fun things like runways, docks, etc. If KSC taught players the basics without demanding too much design time players might be much more ready to contemplate replicating resource production and vessel manufacturing in colonies as they got deeper into the game. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

7 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I still think it would be cool if it operated much like a colony with built-in fuel and materials farms, but progression-wise it might be simplest to use the KSC as a kind of simplified intro to resource production and storage capacity and slowly increasing VAB size and mass constraints and other fun things like runways, docks, etc. If KSC taught players the basics without demanding too much design time players might be much more ready to contemplate replication resource production and vessel manufacturing in colonies as they got deeper into the game. 

This is what I was thinking! Teaching people how to do colonies without directly giving a tutorial, even if they do have a colony tutorial it would still be great practice.