Degrading probe images as connection to the communication network decreases.

Should degrading probe images be added to the game.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should probe images degrade with less connection

• Yes
    • No
    • I have a different idea for how it would work

My idea is for your screen(but not the UI) when using probes will gradually have less fps and less restitution as you get less signal from your communication network and at 15% or so it would switch to grayscale. I think it would add another level of realism. *Of course this would be enabled in difficulty settings*

Edited by Ryaja

This, like signal delay, makes no sense as long as we have a third person view of the probe. You are the probe programming when you're piloting a probe.

We could add different cameras as experiments and limit them with the signal bandwidth and onboard storage, that would play into the scientific gameplay, with different experiments competing for resources aboard the probe and transmitting and storage equipment competing with scientific experiment for weight allocation.

Then, after we have implemented that significant gameplay loop making the probe gameplay more interesting for everyone we can, since we have cameras now, implement a hardcore setting forcing you to fly everything in first person view, being it either one of the mounted cameras or a Kerbal.

So I'm landing on the far side. Everything is fine until last 1km when I lose connection to one of my relays because it goes below the horizon - screen freezes and I know nothing about the situation until I receive a signal from second relay, screen unfreezes and I'm suddenly 200m above surface and I should've started suicide burn 3 seconds earlier (which I could've done in KSP1 since it allows basic sas control and full on/off engine power).

Lowering the framerate simply ruins the experience. So does signal delay, also known as input lag.

• 1 month later...