Gamescom 2022

Vl3d

Gamescom is less than one month away (24 August). I had the theory that Intercept will be present at the event and we're going to get some big reveals: gameplay videos, a new trailer, details about the game.

A feature video would be almost on (the 5 months timing) schedule if released in late August.

Remember that the cinematic trailer for KSP2 debuted at Gamescom 2019. I also remember that was when the game was announced.

It's the KSP2 team going to Gamescom 2022?

@Nate Simpson

Edited by Vl3d

Just to keep track of everything, Gamescom 2022 is Wednesday, 2022/08/24, until Sunday, 2022/08/28. 

Personally, I'm taking the same approach, which is to not make any predictions but be vaguely, naively hopeful. 

Just now, Rutabaga22 said:

Looks like they weren't going to present ksp based on the games shown unknown.png

"A notice: The games in brackets are for orientation only. There is no guarantee that these will also be shown or played at gamescom 2022."

12 minutes ago, avalancha said:

This website lists "Private Division" as "officially canceled" which is incredibly despiriting:valcry:

Looks like the whole of T2 is bowing out. No Rockstar or 2K either. All well, doesn't mean that they can't post something outside of that.

21 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

"A notice: The games in brackets are for orientation only. There is no guarantee that these will also be shown or played at gamescom 2022."

I think that was for the confirmations only, and talks about the games instead of the studios, which are confirmed or cancelled officially. Since PD is officially canceled, I think we have our answer. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerbal_Space_Program_2

"Kerbal Space Program 2 was announced at Gamescom 2019 on August 19, with an initial release date set for early 2020."

Guess what starts on the 23rd of August? Gamescom 2022 and when is the release of KSP2? early 2023

Ramp up of promotional stuff should be very VERY soon.

Hope to see you there @Intercept Games. If not, that's fine but I am hoping none the less

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerbal_Space_Program_2

"Kerbal Space Program 2 was announced at Gamescom 2019 on August 19, with an initial release date set for early 2020."

Guess what starts on the 23rd of August? Gamescom 2022 and when is the release of KSP2? early 2023

Ramp up of promotional stuff should be very VERY soon.

Hope to see you there @Intercept Games. If not, that's fine but I am hoping none the less

Since both 2K and PD are officially cancelled, I think it is a low chance. However, the cancellation apparently only applies to 'first-party games' which I'm not entirely sure if KSP 2 is. So, it might actually be featured under Intercept games (not 2K or PD) maybe? I would expect no exhibit though. 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:07 AM, t_v said:

Personally, I'm taking the same approach, which is to not make any predictions but be vaguely, naively hopeful. 

Wow, look at me go!

Edited by t_v
ironic

9 minutes ago, t_v said:

Since both 2K and PD are officially cancelled, I think it is a low chance. However, the cancellation apparently only applies to 'first-party games' which I'm not entirely sure if KSP 2 is. So, it might actually be featured under Intercept games (not 2K or PD) maybe? I would expect nothing though. 

Huh? Where is this information you are talking about. (Looks to see if its April 1st. No)

The information can be found on Gamescom website itself. There's no sign of Intercept/PD in there.

However, I've noticed that Take Two is on the exhibitor list. Though the link leads to 2K.com, but that may be just a slight mistake on someone's side. Or they're gonna just show whatever games 2K has under their name.

2 hours ago, t_v said:
On 7/29/2022 at 2:51 AM, avalancha said:

This website lists "Private Division" as "officially canceled" which is incredibly despiriting:valcry:

A bit earlier in this thread. If you have more accurate information, that would be great

Oh. Well we will just have to wait a bit longer then I guess.

Not really that despiriting if its just cancelled from Gamecom.

Still going to be released early next year at this stage.

Thanks for the information

title. do y'all think we'll see anything related to KSP 2 at gamescom? If not then, then when might we see more information on the game (for example a release date? or at least a month?) i just want any form of official assurance that "early 2023" is real and not just another guess / paper date.

but yeah, so trailer at gamescom? after that? next year? any idea at all?

4 hours ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

title. do y'all think we'll see anything related to KSP 2 at gamescom? If not then, then when might we see more information on the game (for example a release date? or at least a month?) i just want any form of official assurance that "early 2023" is real and not just another guess / paper date.

but yeah, so trailer at gamescom? after that? next year? any idea at all?

I'd put stock in them being present at PAX West before I would Gamescom. However, neither of the respective official websites show Take-Two, Private Division, or Intercept Games being present. So currently I don't expect them at either of the events.

Edited by Ahres

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

August is over. No news, no new content, no idea about what this game is going to be. Absolutely disappointed.

That's what happened when you have unrealistic expectations.

2 hours ago, Master39 said:
3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

No news, no new content, no idea about what this game is going to be.

That's what happened when you have unrealistic expectations.

What part is the unrealistic expectations? That KSP would be present at Gamescom? That we would have ANY clue about this game after 4 years of "it's totally classified and anyone who talks about this game will be fired"?

We got a lot of clues over the last 3 years (dunno where'd you get the 4 from) and yes it's still "classified" and anyone who talks more than allowed WILL be fired. As seen in recent dev diary thread. You know, the "can't say more than I already have".