Gamescom 2022

Vl3d

37 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

What part is the unrealistic expectations? That KSP would be present at Gamescom? That we would have ANY clue about this game after 4 years of "it's totally classified and anyone who talks about this game will be fired"?

All of it.

Nobody said they where going to go at Gamescom, nobody talked about weather like FS2020, nobody talked about waves and water like SOT, nobody talked about MMO.

Not talked, not hinted, nothing to read between the lines.

Not even a crumb of all of that.

You're setting yourself up for this kind of disappointment over and over again, even after they start giving information it won't be what you wanted (there's a new Dev Diary out right now BTW), even if the game is not delayed any further (a thing that could totally happen) it wont be enough, even if the game is actually better than KSP1 it won't be what you expected.

Not even if it is the best space game out there it will be up to what you're hyping yourself to.

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

That we would have ANY clue about this game after 4 years of "it's totally classified and anyone who talks about this game will be fired"?

Dude, we have 2 sections of the forum dedicated to releasing news about features with the game and it's progress (Show and Tell & Dev Diaries). You're being a bit hyperbolic.

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

What part is the unrealistic expectations? That KSP would be present at Gamescom? That we would have ANY clue about this game after 4 years of "it's totally classified and anyone who talks about this game will be fired"?

Just chill.

Even if it gets canned (which I don't see happening at all) it's just a game, for which you have paid nothing.

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:
5 hours ago, Master39 said:
7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

No news, no new content, no idea about what this game is going to be.

That's what happened when you have unrealistic expectations.

Vlad, please, take it easy. I can't be sure I'm speaking for everyone else here but I personally dislike seeing people act as though KSP 2 is dead despite it being less than a few days since the last dev diary came out. I think that's been happing for a bit too long, a bit too consistently. Please, take it easy if there's no good reason to think KSP 2 is dead. The dev team has been open enough.

9 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I'm taking it easy. The new dev diary brings 0 new info about the game. And KSP should have been present at Gamescom. Just my opinions.

You might find this hard to believe, but they don't publish information based on what you want to hear about. Wild, huh?

According to many old threads, KSP 1 died repeatedly and often. It became such a common topic of discussion (even when Squad were hiring) that @Vanamondeeven jokingly started a "KSP 2 is dying" thread years before KSP 2 had even been announced all the way back in 2019.

I have come to the conclusion that there will always be a subset of people on this forum who will consistently insist that development is going downhill, no matter what the evidence points to. 

Don't worry too much about it - it's not as if our predictions or opinions are going to change the outcome. :)

Edited by Deddly
OK, so apparently Vanamonde is a time traveller

4 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I'm taking it easy. The new dev diary brings 0 new info about the game. And KSP should have been present at Gamescom. Just my opinions.

How would your life change, right now, if they released every bit of information about the game they possibly can?

Im not a mod and Ive certainly been guilty of short patience and snarkishness from time to time but we’re all on the same team here. I think we can try to be kind to each other. 

6 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Well we got to see one of the new orions up close, and got a closer look at the tone they’re trying to achieve which most people tend to think is right on track. We also know they’re moving into localization which gives some clues about how close they might be to release. More importantly though we got a little tighter confirmation that experiments and the tech tree will be returning, which wasn’t 100% confirmed before. If this tracks with the hints in the Ep. 4 dev video it probably means biomes and science will be getting a revisit as well—hopefully with a bit of refinement over KSP1’s execution. More than likely this is the kind of little reveal we’ll be seeing for the next few months until they make a big splash with videos and demos on things like colonies and adventure mode and maybe even multiplayer. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

On 8/31/2022 at 5:42 PM, razark said:

How would your life change, right now, if they released every bit of information about the game they possibly can?

Well, that answer gets into human psychology. I might not have a college degree in the subject, but I know how I myself would react.

Those of us who desire to do so would be able to start planning out a "practicing for KSP 2" install of KSP 1, and honing my skills.
Heck, we might even see a mod-pack show up that allows for such an experience.

We'd be able to have far greater peace of mind knowing that certain things aren't in fact "holding the game up" as so many seem to have convinced themselves.

We'd finally be able to stop arguing about what Multiplayer and potentially Life Support is/are going to look like.

To be honest there would be a lot less overall "but what if it's like this"-type talk on this subforum, because we'd in fact know what the developers want it to be like.

But honestly, I think that doing that would utterly kill off most of what passes for discussion on this subforum. Now I'm not sure if that would kill off discussion on this subforum entirely, or if we'd find new things to discuss, but I'm leaning towards the latter, at least for a little while.

Ultimately, I think that if they revealed everything right now they'd also have to open up preorders at the same instant, otherwise they would lose out on sales.
And yes, discussion on this subforum would take an ultimately downward turn. The tone of discussion would improve, but the overall AMOUNT of discussion would be decreased after a few weeks, just like what happens when any other amount of new info about KSP 2 is released.

In summary, while from a selfish perspective I want all the info now, from a wider perspective of the health and continued existence of support for KSP 2 as a game, I don't think they are doing anything wrong right now.

And since it's September 3rd as I write this, that puts the game's release (if it's in Q1 2023) at anywhere from just a little over 3 months to a maximum of 6 months away.

I don't know about you, but I can wait that long. I have any number of other games I can be playing in the mean time. In fact, I think it's been roughly a week since I came back to the KSP forums, or at least the better part of a week. That's a pace I plan to keep up going forward, I simply don't see the need to look at the KSP forums daily anymore since new news is not released frequently and neither is there much overall new to discuss about KSP 2 every time I check back here.

• 4 weeks later...

Advertising is typically only done as required after a token amount. Tesla doesn't really advertise for example.  Maybe they feel the fan base is big enough and news in gaming travels fast enough that word of mouth fits the budget better.  Even without a single ad or con presence  everyone who cares will know all about KSP2 within a week or 2 of it's release would be my guess if only from the big YouTubers

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...