Show and Tell - Mammoth-II Engine

Ghostii_Space

The game now has a rating, does that mean we are that much closer to launch? When does a game typically get its rating prior to launch? (They have since fixed this and gotten rid of the E rating in the bottom corner) was this a mistake or did they mean to put this?

Edited by Nbert
New info

41 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

Sooo... clearly open cycle engine. I would assume this would make it one of the earlier engines available in the tech tree of KSP2 before we move on to the more sophisticated stuff?

No, big combustion chambers are a pain to do IRL, lots of problems, no way that's early-game

28 minutes ago, Nbert said:

The game now has a rating, does that mean we are that much closer to launch? When does a game typically get its rating prior to launch? (They have since fixed this and gotten rid of the E rating in the bottom corner) was this a mistake or did they mean to put this?

This was a mistake on my part, so I apologize for uploading the wrong rating on the video. KSP2 has no rating yet and is still Rating Pending. 

39 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

What's the hitbox and if it's accurate to the model, how many Kerbals I can put inside the bell?

It looks to be at least 10, which is a giant leap forwards for Ethical Science

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

What's the hitbox and if it's accurate to the model, how many Kerbals I can put inside the bell?

Set on .01% and turn upside down on Laythe for the ultimate kerbal hot tub?

Edited by poopslayer78
Hot tub water wouldn't be liquid on Eeloo without an atmosphere

30 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

Set on .01% and turn upside down on Laythe for the ultimate kerbal hot tub?

or a cluster cannon, depending on usage.

It's been said before that it's a test scene, we've seen this background many times.

30 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

but ground texture is flat when seen at an angle.

I have some news for you, even in the best looking games on the market the ground is flat-ish and small details are made by using terrain scatters, normal maps and other tricks. Sorry to dissapoint but you're not going to see a 3D pebble the size of a thumb nail.
Then again, it's a map designed to show the parts, not ground detail, so you're most likely not looking at everything it has to offer.

Shoutout to Howard Mostrom. Man I can't wait to hear the full soundtrack. I noticed this track has some extra percussion than we've heard in the past. It sounds really good. Combined with the visuals it's going to be so incredible. The opening shot of the Pol Show & Tell still gets me. 

Just now, Alexoff said:

Now the mammoth is almost no different from the mainsail

Given that this is referred to as 'Mammoth II' rather than just 'Mammoth', I'd assume that the original Mammoth still exists, and this is just placed later in the tech tree.

IIRC we haven't yet seen a detailed view of what the Mainsail looks like, so I imagine they'll try to make them visually distinct in some way.

1 minute ago, Alexoff said:

Now the mammoth is almost no different from the mainsail

So this is the Mammoth-II, which means it is the successor to the mammoth. The basic Mammoth had 4 1.25m Vector engines on a 3.75m footprint. The size of the structure to hold 4 of these engine bells... (also, shouldn't it then be called Vector II? I guess it takes more design concepts from the Mammoth engine)