Show and Tell - Mammoth-II Engine

Ghostii_Space

On 8/3/2022 at 8:32 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

The answer is.... 27! 27 Kerbals fit in the bell of the Mammoth-lI Engine. 

Oh thats multilayered. I thought you were 10 off for a moment. Great reply to a very important question. Let me say for a lot of us here....gimmie gimmie gimmie ;)

Just to see someone quickly stack 27 Kerbals inside an engine bell makes it so much more real for me.

Edited by Anth12

On 7/29/2022 at 7:20 PM, ShadowZone said:

Icing on the cake would be if they would become all burnt and sooty after use :D

I'd also love to see parts being all burnt and sooty after reentry, even if it was just visual only, it just makes new vehicles vs old vehicles different

Before:
B1046-recovery-Tom-Cross-1.jpg

After:
Starlink-27-Falcon-9-B1051-051221-Richar

Edited by Thundy
added pictures

On 8/3/2022 at 7:26 AM, Vl3d said:

There are no fuel tanks.

"Fuel? Where we're going, we don't need fuel."

D9K55ov.png

pOW71.gif

On 8/1/2022 at 4:18 AM, linecrafter said:

F-1 engine is already represented by KE-1 mastodon from making history DLC.  F-1B (Mammoth-II) was considered for SLS and Mammoth engine (Four vectors) is the SLS engine

Now that I see the Mammoth-II compared to the F-1B, it's literally the same thing, and I love it.

Strange how Mammoth-II is supposed to look like a successor to the F-1 when its lineage is supposed to be related to the RS-25.

Ch9EiRY.png

All this and only one person appreciates the blackbody emissions that the engine will show while in use? 

Yes, Dancin Kerbal is fun. 

Yes, best and most responsive official KSP2 post to date shows 27 Kerbals jammed into an engine bell for science

Yes,  the music is very well done. 

But the talk is about backgrounds and editors and version numbers... When for GSM's sake - they show blackbody changes in the engine and oxidation layers on the Shiney Metal!  Props to you, @boolybooly.   (And to the art and animation team!) 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

2 hours ago, Luriss said:

Small thing, but I find it sorta odd that when the engine bell is glowing red from heat, the connector struts between the bell and exhaust remain completely 'cold' as it were.

example.PNG

I don't know if it's just me or not, but your png broke. Try using imgur.

this open cycle engine is very nice, it's a bit strange to see the engine turn red without the exhaust blaze, I would have preferred it to get "hotter" towards the end of the engine bell, but maybe it was just an asset scene and it does not represent the finished work.

Great job keep it up!

me every time i see a show and tell post:

5448059.jpg

Edited by Laxez

On 7/29/2022 at 8:20 PM, The Aziz said:

Sorry to dissapoint but you're not going to see a 3D pebble the size of a thumb nail.

That is, unless you're using Unreal Engine 5! Though.. you're still right, since you did say "even in the best looking games on the market" :D

On 7/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

The Mammoth-II engine, packing all of the performance of the old four-nozzle Mammoth into one very powerful package! Designed by Chris Adderley and brought to life by Jonathan Cooper. 

damn the rainbowing effect of the metal after heating is very realistic nice work

On 8/16/2022 at 4:27 AM, Pgabrielmnecraft said:

The old one four-nozzle Mammoth engine still exist in ksp2, or it just has been removed?

I don't think KSP 2 has any reason to remove any parts...

except for maybe the MTM stage and MPO probe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Given that this is referred to as 'Mammoth II' rather than just 'Mammoth', I'd assume that the original Mammoth still exists, and this is just placed later in the tech tree.

IIRC we haven't yet seen a detailed view of what the Mainsail looks like, so I imagine they'll try to make them visually distinct in some way.

As I understand the 4 engine Mammoth engine is removed, probably because its pretty specialized. In the KSP 2 SLS video it looked like they used an engine plate. Probably an 6 engine one but just with 4 engines for the SLS engine placement look. 

And this is an 3.5 meter engine so its not similar to mainsail. I say this is more like the Rhino but more powerful and optimized for sea level. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

The Mammoth-II engine, packing all of the performance of the old four-nozzle Mammoth into one very powerful package! Designed by Chris Adderley and brought to life by Jonathan Cooper. 

Many people would say this is ludicrous. Some say that the original mammoth was ludicrous. KSP players believe that ludicrous is a nonexistent word. A word that would only exist if humanity and Kerbalkind both gave up on ambition. Ambition cannot exist if doubt does......I feel like I should add that to my signature:cool:

On 7/29/2022 at 9:02 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

The lil kerbal doin his duggy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 1:02 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

I don't know why but this video  made me instantly imagine an engine that uses kerbals as propelled material.